💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga’s lack of Grammy noms shouldn’t be a surprise

Stef

Featured Posts

Being honest, there was only ever a chance for Gaga in the pop field. She never had a shoe in for any general field nominations. Maybe back in May she did, but as time went on and as she slowly withdrew herself from this campaign, she drastically washed away her Grammy chances. 

Some artists can get away with dropping and dipping out because they have the ability to keep their songs in rotation, therefore keeping their names at the forefront of voters minds. Gaga cannot afford to drop a project and go mute, especially if she’s looking for some recognition by the academy. She needs the constant promo, the reminders that she’s actually active this year. She’s not the type of artist like Taylor who can shake the table on release day so much so that the vibrations are still felt when it comes time to vote for nominations. 

TL;DR: if Gaga really wanted recognition, she and her team would have invested a lot into this campaign, not financially, but in terms of content, to keep the audience reminded and engaged. She didn’t, therefore she was a non factor when it came time to award those who really made moves this year. 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MoonIight

Period. Liddos should be happy she even got two cuz there were better albums who were snubbed big time.

Babylon98

100% agree. I'm just happy that she got 2 noms. Pretty sure she's going home empty-handed. Actually she's not going home 'cause she won't be there. :ladyhaha:

Anderson123

You guys need to get over this "lack of promo got her snubbed in the big categories". Have you taken a look at the Album of the Year nominees ? Half of them were quiet campaigns. Coldplay's album is in there when it was released last year and they didn't have the chance to tour, which is still a pretty good album by the way.

2 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

You guys need to get over this "lack of promo got her snubbed in the big categories". Have you taken a look at the Album of the Year nominees ? Half of them were quiet campaigns. Coldplay's album is in there when it was released last year and they didn't have the chance to tour, which is still a pretty good album by the way.

Yet thanks to promo Dula managed to sneak her album in :stalkga:

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

xoxo Craig
8 minutes ago, MoonIight said:

Period. Liddos should be happy she even got two cuz there were better albums who were snubbed big time.

Chromatica was the best album of 2020, period.

End Racism Now

I thought that Chromatica, nominated or not, wouldn't stand a chance against After Hours. Oh, how naive I was. A couple of hours ago. 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

RainingOnMe
1 minute ago, xoxo Craig said:

This. And yeah I'm fine with the other category snubs but AOTY is what really annoyed me.

President Biden
3 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

folklore is just so evidently more creative and detailed than Chromatica And don’t get me wrong. I LOVEEEEE Chromatica

I got drunk

Archived