Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Taylor Swift nominated for 6 GRAMMYs

Lazzarus

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF
2 minutes ago, Folklore Friend said:

Folklore has so much quality and artistic merit. It’s amazing

Then why justify its noms based on charts and popularity? If the album does have quality that should be the main point in your argumentation.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Big Reputation
Just now, FfFfFfFF said:

Then why justify its noms based on charts and popularity? If the album does have quality that should be the main point in your argumentation.

I wasn’t personally doing so. It has done really well on charts and popularity but it’s being nominated for its genius imo 

When it’s dark outside you’re always the light

Sofianer
6 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

So the most popular songs should be the ones that get awards? what happened to the quality and artistic merit? Grammys are just a popularity and chart contest then.

You missed my point I was trying to say that it is a popular album for a good reason just look at the critical reception it got they all praised her for the quality of the album alot of underrated artists that put great music out there don't get acknowledged by the scammys (some do some don't) but Taylor happens to do so because she's a big artist but that doesn't mean she doesn't deserve it

I mean there's no denying that commercial success plays a role tbh in the Scammys in a bad way when terrible songs get nominated but in other cases it's an indicator that some songs or albums are actually really damn good (The Fame, The Fame Monster, BTW) I hope that made sense I could't really word it out in the best way.

FfFfFfFF
3 minutes ago, Sofianer said:

You missed my point I was trying to say that it is a popular album for a good reason just look at the critical reception it got they all praised her for the quality of the album alot of underrated artists that put great music out there don't get acknowledged by the scammys (some do some don't) but Taylor happens to do so because she's a big artist but that doesn't mean she doesn't deserve it

I mean there's no denying that commercial success plays a role tbh in the Scammys in a bad way when terrible songs get nominated but in other cases it's an indicator that some songs or albums are actually really damn good (The Fame, The Fame Monster, BTW) I hope that made sense I could't really word it out in the best way.

Yes, it makes sense! however, I still don't think the album did good because it was good in itself. Bad music performs well and actual quality music missed the charts so many times. There isn't really a correlation.

Sofianer
Just now, FfFfFfFF said:

Yes, it makes sense! however, I still don't think the album did good because it was good in itself. Bad music performs well and actual quality music missed the charts so many times. There isn't really a correlation.

Usually when bad music does well in the charts it's just shitty songs on the Hot 100 but when an Album stays #1 for 8 weeks in the Hot 200 that's something..

FfFfFfFF
10 minutes ago, Sofianer said:

Usually when bad music does well in the charts it's just shitty songs on the Hot 100 but when an Album stays #1 for 8 weeks in the Hot 200 that's something..

I mean not really. Bad album top the charts all the time. Also, in Folklore's succes (which is still impressive) the fact that there weren't many new releases played a role. The album underperfomed on Spotify but didn't have too much competition, so it stayed a longer period at #1.

Sofianer
10 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

I mean not really. Bad album top the charts all the time. Also, in Folklore's succes (which is still impressive) the fact that there weren't many new releases played a role. The album underperfomed on Spotify but didn't have too much competition, so it stayed a long period at #1.

Bad quality popular music is always around but when big artists come up with good music it gets bigger numbers

FfFfFfFF
3 minutes ago, Sofianer said:

Bad quality popular music is always around but when big artists come up with good music it gets bigger numbers

False. Big artists release very bad songs and album and perform very well all the time. We don't even have an ultimate definition of what is quality music to know for certain what album is 'good' and what is 'bad'.  We don't have clear rules in this.

Sofianer
2 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

False. Big artists release very bad songs and album and perform very well all the time. We don't even have an ultimate definition of what is quality music to know for certain what album is 'good' and what is 'bad'.  We don't have clear rules in this.

Art is subjective it's a double edged sword this whole debate is going nowhere let's just appreciate music for what it is 

Archived