Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Top-selling vinyl albums of 2020 so far in UK

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Top-selling vinyl albums of 2020 so far (Entertainment Retailers Association)

1. (What’s the Story) Morning Glory? – Oasis (Sony Music)
2. Rumours – Fleetwood Mac (Warner Music)
3. Back to Black – Amy Winehouse (Universal Music)
4.  Nevermind – Nirvana (Universal Music)
5. Ultra Mono – Idles (Partisan)
6. Fine Line – Harry Styles (Sony Music)
7. MTV Unplugged – Liam Gallagher (Warner Music)
8. Disco – Kylie Minogue (BMG)
fg.jpg
10. Greatest Hits – Queen (Universal Music)

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/nov/21/uk-vinyl-sales-gigs-covid-record

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

Regina George

Love seeing Chromatica there! I wish she released vinyl with the original cover tho! :tony:

GagaSine

I do think it’s funny that so many people are buying old albums more than new music lol, it gives off the impression that a lot of people were trying to start getting into collecting vinyl and chose most of these as ‘essential’ or ‘classic’. But there is a lot of good stuff on this list 🤘

MessyTop

If Gaga had released an actual gatefold vinyl more folk would’ve gotten the vinyl. I know so many people waiting for the cover gatefold version to buy it. 
another missed opportunity. Her management :fthis:

Teletubby
5 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Imagine if there was a billboard chart for vinyls and cassettes! :vegas:

Billboard is "killing" vinyls with rule counting after shipping. It takes longer to manufacture them so these are usually shipped few weeks later. Ariana is not selling "Positions" vinyls, Megan Thee Stallion is not selling "Good News" vinyls... maybe they will add them later to their stores. They probably didn't want to manufacture them so long before release because they could leak. Now not many artists will be releasing singles on vinyls because it won't help them to get better position on Billboard Hot 100 in first week. 

Cardi B's WAP vinyls from August are not shipped yet 

Spoiler

Sneaky Oliver
2 minutes ago, 777777777777777777 said:

Billboard is "killing" vinyls with rule counting after shipping. It takes longer to manufacture them so these are usually shipped few weeks later. Ariana is not selling "Positions" vinyls, Megan Thee Stallion is not selling "Good News" vinyls... maybe they will add them later to their stores. They probably didn't want to manufacture them so long before release because they could leak. Now not many artists will be releasing singles on vinyls because it won't help them to get better position on Billboard Hot 100 in first week. 

So Lana was dumb for delaying the album because of the vinyls production :flop: Do they count the sales after the debut week tho or they just don't count them anymore?

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Teletubby
1 minute ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

So Lana was dumb for delaying the album because of the vinyls production :flop: Do they count the sales after the debut week tho or they just don't count them anymore?

They still count when the physical album (cd, vinyl) is shipped to the customer so maybe Lana believes that she will sell many vinyls so she wants to have them prepared in the day of relese and ship in the first week.

Archived