šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Director from Lukas Gage audition comes forward

COOOK

Featured Posts

Director Tristram Shapeero was caught trash talking actor Lukas Gage's apartmentĀ during a live Zoom audition, andĀ is now coming forward and taking responsibility in an article written for Deadline:
Ā 

"First and foremost I offer Mr. GageĀ a sincere and unvarnished apology for my offensive words, my unprofessional behavior during the audition and for not giving him the focus and attention he deserved. My job is to evaluate performers against the part I am trying to cast. Lukas deserved better."

"I was using the word ā€˜poorā€™ in the sense of deserving sympathy, as opposed to any economic judgment. My words were being spoken from a genuine place of appreciation for what the actors were having to endure, stuck in confined spaces, finding it within themselves to give a role-winning performance under these conditions.

As I say on the video, Iā€™m mortified about what happened. While I canā€™t put the proverbial toothpaste back in the tube, I move forward from this incident a more empathetic man; a more focused director and I promise, an even better partner to actors from the audition process to the final cut."
Ā 

Full statement here.

Bradley

If indeed his intentions were to extend sympathy by the word 'poor', which I do believe are genuine, then I'm afraid we have turned a sympathetic statementĀ (albeit poorly worded) and intention into a malign and accusatory one.

Cancel culture strikes again I guess.

Edit: As a successful director who lives in a well-off place, it's not at all unusual for them to feel some sympathy for actors trying to thrive in the business, especially when it reminds them of their early days.Ā I find his apology convincing.

efhfjfgggjdmdffjfk NOTĀ the unmuted mic on Zoom causing all of this

Ā 

headspin, happiness, DEĢ¤Ģ£AĢ¢ĢÆĶ”Ģ˜TĶĶ™Ģ—ĢŸĢ«HĶ”Ķ…Ģ—Ģ™

Regina George

I can't believe people have to apologize for doing the most human thing ever. Every one of us here commented on someone else's apartment at least once and let's not act like we didn't. It's literally just so normal that I'm shocked people are being extra about it.Ā 

Cyber Babylon
3 minutes ago, Regina George said:

I can't believe people have to apologize for doing the most human thing ever. Every one of us here commented on someone else's apartment at least once and let's not act like we didn't. It's literally just so normal that I'm shocked people are being extra about it.Ā 

who said that?:huntyga:

Regina George
1 minute ago, Cyber Babylon said:

who said that?:huntyga:

So you never in your life said ANYTHING about someone else's apartment? I mean good for you but I don't know a person who never commented on some's apartment after they left (or even to owners face sometimes in extreme situations)..

LateToCult

Apologizing to the actor is the right thing to do but giving a public statement is a bit much. Itā€™s not that big of a deal. Like, at all.

1 hour ago, Regina George said:

ItĀ triggered and pushed forward theĀ Hollywood reputationĀ of toxic and demeaning behavior toĀ actors inĀ auditions. It's likely that this particular comment from the director was not like that,Ā but for the sake of the industry's imageĀ I see why he should make a statement like that. Stan culture always makes the most out of anything either way...

Blastertoyo

Maybe itā€™s cuz itā€™s like 5am but I canā€™t be the only one who keeps readingĀ 

Lukas Gage as Lady GagaĀ 

AndĀ 

Mr Gage as Mr GagaĀ 

:ladyhaha:

please enlighten me to death

Archived