Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Gaga’s speaking voice is so diverse, how come?

LittleMonster20

Featured Posts

LittleMonster20

This isn’t a critique at all: I really like her speaking voice. However, is it just me or does her speaking voice sound different every era/ year?
I feel like her voice changed drastically (it got WAY deeper) right before the Joanne era and now it’s just kind of different.

Do you think it has to do with her smoking on and off? Or maybe some other effects? Did she do a Paris Hilton on us earlier in her career maybe?

numb the flame

I do think that when she's nervous/anxious/uncomfortable she talks in that sweet baby voice we heard a lot more back in TF era it came out in a few interviews recently I think when she was talking about her assault

Gagaism

I think there’s more that just one reason: she’s a singer and it’s supposed to be working on her vocals constantly; she’s an booked and busy actress, building new characters now which demands her to work with her chameleon side so her voice and the way she put expression on it is on of the most important part in the process; she used or still smoke cigarettes; besides all that I’m sure she is always working on improving her communication skills. 

7 minutes ago, LittleMonster20 said:

Do you think it has to do with her smoking on and off? Or maybe some other effects? Did she do a Paris Hilton on us earlier in her career maybe?

She said she would "put on an accent in the first 3 years of her career" back when she appeared on RPDR and she definitely adjusts her discourse era to era. I think she sees it as performance art deep down... She creates a persona and embodies it I think. It's an extension of her self-presentation.

LittleMonster20
Just now, palma said:

She said she would "put on an accent in the first 3 years of her career" back when she appeared on RPDR and she definitely adjusts her discourse era to era. I think she sees it as performance art deep down... She creates a persona and embodies it I think. It's an extension of her self-presentation.

Oh I remember that! That makes sense.

Although what I’m most confused about is how her voice suddenly got so deep right before Joanne.

Just now, LittleMonster20 said:

Oh I remember that! That makes sense.

Although what I’m most confused about is how her voice suddenly got so deep right before Joanne.

Well one would assume she'd train extensively for C2C and the tour. And judging from 5F2 she was smoking weed a lot :huntyga:

LittleMonster20
13 minutes ago, palma said:

Well one would assume she'd train extensively for C2C and the tour. And judging from 5F2 she was smoking weed a lot :huntyga:

I guess it explains that. Thanks!

idk why honestly a mystery in her lipstick

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

crybrowz

At the beginning of her career I think she spoke in her "real" voice and then during the second half of the TF era she used to put on a fake voice as part of a persona in some interviews (Jonathan Ross 2009 comes to mind). During TFM I noticed she spoke very softly and quietly in a lot of interviews I think to add to her mystique. 

Spoiler

And then in BTW her voice sounded more nasally and almost a bit "nerdy" if that makes sense, like she wanted to sound smart. 

Spoiler

During ARTPOP I felt like her voice sounded its most "normal" and closest to how she sounded at the beginning of TF before she started speaking in different accents (except for her European ARTPOP interviews where she would use a weird accent). I also noticed her voice got deeper right before Joanne too but I think that can mostly just be attributed to getting older. And since then I haven't noticed it change much except for the Zane Lowe 2020 interview she spoke kind of oddly but I haven't noticed it since. Tbh I think she just likes to change her mannerisms a lot and try out new ways of speaking.

Archived