Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was CTTR ahead of its time?

xoxo Craig

Featured Posts

xoxo Craig

So back in 2017, Katy Perry released this bop:

Chained To The Rhythm has mainly disco influences and is a bop. It was received with mixed views at the time. Fast forward to 2020 and we have several disco influenced tracks coming onto the scene. From Dua Lipa's Don't Start Now and Physical, to The Weekends Blinding Lights and even Miley Cyrus's Midnight Sky... they all take influence from the disco era. 

Did Katy start this trend back in 2017? I believe that people weren't ready for the slayage that Chained To The Rhythm brought to the music scene. If it were released in 2020, it could easily have gone number one and would have been praised to high heaven. It truly is a gem from Miss Katy Perry... its ashame that people thought (and still think) that it's cool to hate on her.

Stream this bop and also her 5th Studio album, Smile! :vegas:

End Racism Now

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lemondeduerl

CTTR is a bop but Katy always been very bubblegum pop so going "woke" felt kinda odd. A lot of people missed the message of the video because it was too colorful and  then she left the album's concept behind when she released Bon Appetit, Swish Swish and Hey Hey Hey. So maybe yes.

:)

RepentingSinner

Think the sound coulda been a hit. I feel it was kinda public reception of Katy back then, and the "woke" lyrics that made it fail

2 minutes ago, Lemondeduerl said:

CTTR is a bop but Katy always been very bubblegum pop so going "woke" felt kinda odd. A lot of people missed the message of the video because it was too colorful and  then she left the album's concept behind when she released Bon Appetit, Swish Swish and Hey Hey Hey. So maybe yes.

Isn’t Hey X3 a “woke pop” song tho?

She’s basically talking about girl power and feminism.

We don’t really need to talk too much, show each other what we know 🦋

flyaway
7 minutes ago, Alvaro Moreno Ullrich said:

You mean Crash Tag Team Racing?

This is nostalgia 

OT: No, I already forgot about it 

Biggest Bitch

Mixed views? 

Every song gets mixed views

This song was a bop, I can’t understand how can lot people say it flopped 

Lemondeduerl
4 minutes ago, Aleks said:

Isn’t Hey X3 a “woke pop” song tho?

She’s basically talking about girl power and feminism.

The problem is that many people including me (I like her as an artist tho) aren't very fan of her humour...

:)

15 minutes ago, Alvaro Moreno Ullrich said:

You mean Crash Tag Team Racing?

Ngl that was my first thought too 

www.youtube.com/jmremixes

Pennywise
37 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Did Katy start this trend back in 2017? I believe that people weren't ready for the slayage that Chained To The Rhythm brought to the music scene. If it were released in 2020, it could easily have gone number one and would have been praised to high heaven.

I mean, I love the song, but this part feels like pure delusion :poot:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Archived