💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why I think Chromatica will be nominated for AOTY

pedrohemg

Featured Posts

pedrohemg

I hope this thread ages well. 

Gaga has three AOTY nominations for TF, TFM, and BTW. That was between 2010-2012. Kinda great, since she was just starting her career. And if we look at other big names like Beyoncé, for example, she has 5 AOTY nods between 2004-2017. So we can conclude The Recording Academy loves Gaga kinda a bit.

But why was her last nomination in that category in 2011?

ARTPOP

The first album after BTW. Expectations were too high, and the media was ready to crucify Gaga for anything. The critics didn't like it, and the fans didn't understand it at first. And although Applause had actually great numbers (14 weeks inside the BB top 10), people decided to label it flop. So, no chances at all at The Grammys.

JOANNE

It's actually a good album but very different from anything Gaga had done before 2016. I think no one was expecting this to be nominated, but it received a BPVA nod. Take note of that cause, can you see Gaga just need an OK album for Grammy voters show her some love? Anyway, I think we agree it wasn't strong enough for AOTY.

ASIB

1 - Not a studio album and not solo. 

2 - Why Did You Do That, Heal Me, and Hair Body Face don't fit the album although we know the reason they're there.

3 - It has too many songs, and some of them aren't for everyone's taste.

What about Chromatica?

It's a pure pop album that brings back the old Gaga style. I tend to think The Recording Academy likes the pop Gaga more, I don't know. And I don't even need to say Chromatica is a GREAT album with a 79 Meta score, her highest yet. It also had a great first week sales, a #1 and #5 singles, and over 1B streams on Spotfy. People will say other albuns sold way more than Chromatica, and that matters for The Grammys, but remember I said above, Gaga just need an OK album for Grammy voters show her some love. And I repeat, Chromatica is GREAT.

Also, the first-round voting started on Sep 30 and ended on Oct 12. We had the VMAs on August 30 where Gaga won 4 awards plus a Triple Icon award. Many Grammy voters were surely watching. Then, she released the 911 video on Sep 18. I think that was enough promo before votes were cast.

Blastertoyo
13 minutes ago, pedrohemg said:

2 - Heal Me and Hair Body Face don't fit the album although we know the reason they're there.

They was you didn’t say Why Did You Do That? 
:huntyga:

please enlighten me to death

pedrohemg
2 minutes ago, Blastertoyo said:

They was you didn’t say Why Did You Do That? 
:huntyga:

Oh, I forgot that one. lol That's the worst tbh.

Blastertoyo
2 minutes ago, pedrohemg said:

Oh, I forgot that one. lol That's the worst tbh.

That’s the real reason ASIB didn’t get a nom let’s be real 

:ladyhaha:

please enlighten me to death

set yourself up for the snub so that you're not disappointed :coffee:

it's not as if she'll win it anyway sksksk

pedrohemg
7 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

She will be nominated but Fiona is taking the trophy :vegas:

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29b81df2c2f36d29c202

I hope so, since we have no chance of winning. I think Abel is trying too hard, and I don't like that.

ZiggyZiggs
9 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

She will be nominated but Fiona is taking the trophy :vegas:

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29b81df2c2f36d29c202

It’s between Fiyona and Abel at this point.

6 minutes ago, pedrohemg said:

I hope so, since we have no chance of winning. I think Abel is trying too hard, and I don't like that.

3 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

It’s between Fiyona and Abel at this point.

the fact that he has more Grammys than Fiona tells you the types of crimes that are allowed to happen

9410fd5057.gif

Hottie Detector

Regina George

I feel like she will be nominated but one of the main reason for it will be her "status" in music industry not the album itself. They love her and it was clear when "Joanne" (the song) won that grammy. 

Patriziaa Reggiani

AOTY nomination is enough for Chromatica to STOMP ON HATERS, her own fans who were wishing and saying it don't deserve and sh*t like that. I really want Chromatica to get that.

I will not watch House of Gucci

Archived