Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

F**k you pop music moments

Reject False Icons

Featured Posts

Cello
3 hours ago, Chromatislaps said:

the OG

n3715d2v9bn51.jpg?auto=webp&s=611a3df407Sony boycotted his last studio album, while MJ was fighting to be a free agent, and stood up for other artists (especially black artists) who got usurped by record labels's CEO's (mostly white men). Artists only saw very little of their success compared to the record labels.

@PartySick Read me if I'm missing something sis :poot:

Yes :tony:

Sony had a vendetta against MJ because he owned 50% of Sonys music catalogue. 

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

Chromatislaps
3 hours ago, Cello said:

Yes :tony:

Sony had a vendetta against MJ because he owned 50% of Sonys music catalogue. 

everyone was out for his wealth up til this day :awkney:

imnotyourbabe10

Everything about ARTPOP, especially SXSW's Swine performance - -and that's why AP is in my Top 3 Gaga records.
Saying "FU" isn't sustainable, I know, but Gaga did an excellent job in being ahead of her time and calling out the systems we live in.  I miss that about her (from music to politics and general life experiences-- her latest stuff is a little "safe" -- that does not mean it's bad or not "Gaga," though -- just not as "FU," which may not be as compatible with a career?)

I've also really loved M.I.A.s work.  XXXO especially describes her FU to pop music, through a "poppier" song than is normal for her: "You want me be somebody who I'm really not..."  Plus the play on words of the song title "excess and sex"

EDIT: I forgot another artist I stan, Jewel.  In 2003, she really switched gears from singer/songwriter/folk to pure pop.  And, in doing so, parodied it with precision, imho.

lilmonster2424
7 hours ago, 777777777777777777 said:

folklore-w-iext62166941.jpg

This literally made no statement about pop music.... this is like saying Cheek to Cheek, Joanne, and A Star is Born are huge FU pop music moments :toofunny: These are just albums of a different genre, they aren't made to be seen as a FU to pop music 

Pennywise
7 hours ago, 777777777777777777 said:

folklore-w-iext62166941.jpg

This album literally is made because her last pop album didn't get as many grammys and she wanted more. At least it sounds like that. To me. In my personal opinion. In my personal opinion that I do not have to prove to anyone, before y'all get mad about it. I like the album, too.  If anything, it is conformity, not a f u :poot:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Massive Monster

Prince had many moments

He had the word "Slave" on his face

Covering his face/not talking

And eventually giving up his name

Turning into a symbol 

Purple Rain Love GIF by J.B. Kinard

Not a dig at pop music but his label/contract

Kind regards

PartySick
15 hours ago, Kimmo said:

gaga-sxsw.gif&xguid=&xs=1&xtz=360&xuuid=

Still my favorite performance of Gaga's by a huge margin :firega:

11 hours ago, Chromatislaps said:

the OG

n3715d2v9bn51.jpg?auto=webp&s=611a3df407Sony boycotted his last studio album, while MJ was fighting to be a free agent, and stood up for other artists (especially black artists) who got usurped by record labels's CEO's (mostly white men). Artists only saw very little of their success compared to the record labels.

@PartySick Read me if I'm missing something sis :poot:

I don't think you did :gayhat:

His label also tried to stop him from releasing songs like Shout and We've Had Enough. Eventually they were released as a b-side and buried on the collection album in 2003 but still :giveup:

Imagine what Michael could have done with full control and without a bunch of b.s. from people he trusted :bradley:

🖤

Reject False Icons

Well guys I was waiting for you to mention Madonna but nobody yet so...

she had a TON of **** you pop music moments, a couple of the most important 

LaLuna
1 hour ago, urgirl said:

Miley-Cyrus-performance-at-MTV-VMA-2013.

also her at vmas 2015 releasing her album for free on Soundcloud

That was more like a f*** you to Disney :laughga: I can't think of anything more pop music than a half-naked girl rubbing her a$$ against a guy's crotch :ally:

flyaway
1 hour ago, urgirl said:

Miley-Cyrus-performance-at-MTV-VMA-2013.

also her at vmas 2015 releasing her album for free on Soundcloud

That was more of a call for attention than an FU pop music 

Archived