💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Grimes was given $90,000 in artist funding and some people aren’t happy

Teletubby

Featured Posts

alsemanche

Apparently her net worth is $3 millions. Doesn't sound like a struggling artist to me if you ask me, regardless of whether Elon helps her with funding or not. I'm also sure there are many who need this money much more than her, so yeah this is just stupid. If she really cares she'd donate at least part of it to people who are really struggling. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Teletubby
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

we dont know their arrangements tho. some people keep their finances totally seperate from person they are in a relationship with. I dont know what information is publicly known of their personal arrangement but if it was kept seperate, she may not have access to that much money from Musk

His Tesla also received government coronavirus bailout. So they both are like take whatever you can take. 

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Rj Barker

She's clearly eligible, she shouldn't have to give it to any other artists. If they're eligible too they can go get their own. The money is for her label which will have employees that need paying and general expenses its not like she's going on a shopping spree. 

Anveeroy
34 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

Yeah it's called independence. Like assuming she is living off her boyfriend's money is lowkey sexist... 

Jared Kushner, is that you? 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Does she qualify for it? Yes.

Should she have taken it? Absolutely not.

Nobody who has a billionaire baby daddy should be taking money from government programs... I don’t care how independent you are!

basketball wives GIF by VH1

Defend the rich and famous at all cost :smh:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

15 minutes ago, Rj Barker said:

She's clearly eligible, she shouldn't have to give it to any other artists. If they're eligible too they can go get their own. The money is for her label which will have employees that need paying and general expenses its not like she's going on a shopping spree. 

I don't get it tho. Does she own Crystal Math? Why did they apply with her name? Theres a pdf on FACTORs site;the government dept seemed to disperse a million or so dollars. Is that Canadians money?

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

homomo

Lmao I can’t at some of you defending the ultra rich.

you know you are literally defending someone who not only has millions of her own, but a partner who is the 4th richest person on the entire planet.

Even of Musk decided to give Grimes 0.01% (a tenth of a percent) of his money, she’d still get over 100 million.

So no, she does not deserve any type of grant.

Nosferatu

Sure, she may not use Elon Musk's money normally, but if she really was "struggling" I'm sure the third richest man in the world wouldn't mind helping his girlfriend out. :rip:

Chromatography
40 minutes ago, LaLa said:

Yeah, I'm Canadian, I've see some agitating about this online.

I think she shouldn't have applied for the grant. In the end she's not going to go bankrupt or have to give up her music career because of the pandemic like so many artists are. This money isn't unlimited, leave it for those who really need it. 

40 minutes ago, radioactive said:

y’all love to defend rich famous people it’s actually hilarious. reminds me of that onlyfans thread 

41 minutes ago, Fresco said:

She had a baby with the 3rd richest man in the world. He has $106 billion dollars. I think she should give the money back. She should get some money from Musk, if she wants to.

42 minutes ago, beabeaxo5 said:

If you're an artist who toured the globe and has multiple albums selling in stores across the world you don't need a $90,000 grant.

idk why people are mad at grimes. she applied because she saw that she was eligible. FACTOR gave it to her. if you want to be mad at anyone, be mad at the people who decided to give her the grant

Chromatography
41 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

Apparently her net worth is $3 millions. Doesn't sound like a struggling artist to me if you ask me, regardless of whether Elon helps her with funding or not. I'm also sure there are many who need this money much more than her, so yeah this is just stupid. If she really cares she'd donate at least part of it to people who are really struggling. 

how do you know how she spent the money :toofunny:

i get not defending the rich but you guys are acting like she went and bought out a prada store. maybe she used that money to pay people for her label, maybe she donated it, maybe she put it aside for her child. or maybe she didn’t, but we don’t know. the fact that people just assume the worst all the time is really alarming. :icega:

Rj Barker

Also her net worth being 3 million dollars doesn't particularly mean much. That doesn't mean she 3 mil in the bank, it is her assets and IPs. Not cold hard cash. If her label sank and she lost all her employees and her business. She will no longer be worth 3 mil.

She wouldn't of got it if she wasn't eligible so get off her back. 

Franch Toast

I'm guessing the reason she was eligible is because she and Elon aren't married, and thus his income isn't factored into hers for these kinds of things. 

She/Her/Hers

Archived