💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Grimes was given $90,000 in artist funding and some people aren’t happy

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

grimes-2020-696x398.jpg

Due to the coronavirus pandemic, many artists are struggling right now. FACTOR, a Canadian non-profit, has been helping support local artists by continuing to distribute financial support this year. Among the recipients of these grants was Grimes, who was born and raised in Canada.

However, after it was revealed that Grimes received over $90,000 in artist funding, some are questioning whether or not she really needed it. Many believe that the $90,525 she received from FACTOR should’ve gone to artists who are actually struggling.

However, Grimes does meet FACTOR’s criteria to earn funding. This is because Grimes’ label Crystal Math Music Inc. applied for the funding and met the requirements.  Crystal Math Music Inc. also received over $25,000 in emergency funds. The fact that Grimes still managed to meet the criteria has sparked the debate on if all artists should be able to receive funding

FACTORs annual release of recipients:  https://factorportalprod.blob.core.windows.net/portal/Documents/FACTOR_Recipients_List.pdf
https://www.altpress.com/news/grimes-canadian-artist-funding/

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Regina George
2 minutes ago, 777777777777777777 said:

However, Grimes does meet FACTOR’s criteria to earn funding. This is because Grimes’ label Crystal Math Music Inc. applied for the funding and met the requirements.

Then what's the problem? Just cuz she has rich boyfriend doesn't mean she herself should get this? C'mon now... 

yes and

She is the girlfriend of one of the most rich men in the world, so that's why some people aren't happy :poot:

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

Ryusei
1 minute ago, Regina George said:

Then what's the problem? Just cuz she has rich boyfriend doesn't mean she herself should get this? C'mon now... 

Yeah it's called independence. Like assuming she is living off her boyfriend's money is lowkey sexist... 

Musery

ladygagafan1234
2 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

Yeah it's called independence. Like assuming she is living off her boyfriend's money is lowkey sexist... 

Oh please if it was a man with a rich girlfriend it would be the same don't bring sexism into it. She is one of the last people to need funding in the world.

likeitrough

elon musk aside, hasn't Grimes made good money on her own? she's not a struggling artist or some indie singer.

Not people defending her :toofunny:

When they gave the 1k plus checks to everyone for COVID relief me and my husband didn’t qualify because he made more than what was needed to qualify. That being said we didn’t struggle to pay our own bills which was the real relief for us and also because he actually saved money to prepare for the worst... so no Claire does not need and should not receive that help, I’m 100% sure Elon is and should be more than capable to make sure he is providing for her and son. And if she does, it should be donated to charity. The audacity of she keeps it 

And yes I did mention Elon should be the one to support her and no is not sexist. Imagine thinking that is sexist to say that her own millionaire husband should support her... I mean who else? Her female neighbor? 

and if Claire was the millionaire then she should do the same for her husband. Period!

Hottie Detector

7 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

Lmao Lol GIF by reactionseditor

Not you over here acting like they're high school sweethearts, just out there trying to make it on their own. This boyfriend in question has a net worth of nearly 100 billion. When you're in a relationship and have had a child with a billionaire, financial support is absolutely part of the equation.

Economy
16 minutes ago, Sour Candy said:

She is the girlfriend of one of the most rich men in the world, so that's why some people aren't happy :poot:

we dont know their arrangements tho. some people keep their finances totally seperate from person they are in a relationship with. I dont know what information is publicly known of their personal arrangement but if it was kept seperate, she may not have access to that much money from Musk

Either way tho it would seem odd that he wouldnt contribute a little to her artistry career if necessairy so i get the criticism to an extent even if his money isnt shared with her directly. But from my understanding tho it was the label that made the application so we dont even know if Grimes asked for it

Beanybb

If you're an artist who toured the globe and has multiple albums selling in stores across the world you don't need a $90,000 grant.

She had a baby with the 3rd richest man in the world. He has $106 billion dollars. I think she should give the money back. She should get some money from Musk, if she wants to.

radioactive

y’all love to defend rich famous people it’s actually hilarious. reminds me of that onlyfans thread 

Yeah, I'm Canadian, I've see some agitating about this online.

I think she shouldn't have applied for the grant. In the end she's not going to go bankrupt or have to give up her music career because of the pandemic like so many artists are. This money isn't unlimited, leave it for those who really need it. 

Archived