💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Grimes was given $90,000 in artist funding and some people aren’t happy

Teletubby

Featured Posts

homomo

For those of you defending this, think of it this way:

You are a very poor student in need of financial aid to go to college, as you or your parents can't pay. So you apply for a tuition grant and hope for the best. However, another student who has their own savings, plus the substantial income and savings their parents have decides to apply. Unfortunately, you don't get the grant, but they do. What do you think is wrong with this situation?

Many financial aid grants and scholarships state only that - financial aid. It doesn't say you have to make less than X amount or define a specific threshold. If you declare yourself in financial need, then you qualify. This is how most scholarships worked for me back in Canada.

Grimes is like that rich student. She has a decent amount of her own savings, but her family has an even bigger amount. Yes, I know Elon isn't Grime's father, but you need to realize he is literally the 4th richest person in the world. Him paying $90,000 is like you losing a penny. It's that simple.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Beanybb
18 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

idk why people are mad at grimes. she applied because she saw that she was eligible. FACTOR gave it to her. if you want to be mad at anyone, be mad at the people who decided to give her the grant

She shouldn’t have applied in the first place but go off x

19 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

idk why people are mad at grimes. she applied because she saw that she was eligible. FACTOR gave it to her. if you want to be mad at anyone, be mad at the people who decided to give her the grant

I mean just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. I personally think it hypocritical to say "I don't take handouts from my boyfriend" and then turn around and ask for a handout from a small Canadian non-profit... someone is giving you the money, so it might as well be the literal billionaire who could sneeze and drop 90k and not even notice.

Chromatography
1 minute ago, beabeaxo5 said:

She shouldn’t have applied in the first place but go off x

giving my input isn’t really “going off”, but ok x

While there are people who can't pay their rent and utilities, buy food and Christmas presents for their family, have their small businesses failing. Shameful. Grimes is a modern successful artist taking advantage of the system in a time of real struggle for millions who need actual help.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

MJHolland
1 hour ago, Regina George said:

Then what's the problem? Just cuz she has rich boyfriend doesn't mean she herself should get this? C'mon now... 

Uh...

She has a baby with/is the girlfriend of the 3rd richest man on planet earth, is a hella famous artist with albums selling in stores and online, and has toured the world

This money could’ve actually gone to someone who needed it 

Debithius
1 hour ago, Ryusei said:

Yeah it's called independence. Like assuming she is living off her boyfriend's money is lowkey sexist... 

Why is it sexist lol, people would have assumed a man lived of his wife's money if she was among the richest in the world, easy. Sometimes people are pissed for legitimate reasons.

gumzy3000

Thats just wrong. She has millions and she is dating one of the richest man on Earth... how can you justify her getting $90k? Other artists deserve this money, not her. Also, I love Grimes so I am not being biased 

trolly troll troll

elijahfan
1 hour ago, Economy said:

Either way tho it would seem odd that he wouldnt contribute a little to her artistry career if necessairy so i get the criticism to an extent even if his money isnt shared with her directly. But from my understanding tho it was the label that made the application so we dont even know if Grimes asked for it

This. Labels are the ones that finance their artists. Elon Musk doesn't have any contract with her label whatsoever. All women aren't like Melania Trump, FYI.

Bloody hooker

Just because Grimes is dating Elon doesn’t mean she’s living off his money. I’m sure Elon is giving her money to support their baby, but that doesn’t mean she’s given millions every month.

Elon’s money ≠ Grimes money

Y’all should also realize that her net worth is likely to be inaccurate, and does not represent how much money she actually has on hand.

Yes, the $90,000 could have gone to someone else, but including everything I said above plus the fact that she qualified to receive it, we don’t know why she got it in the first place. No one can see through a closed door.

This mutual gaze was a “longing to touch” or a "pre-coitus" stare.

Regina George
34 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

Uh...

She has a baby with/is the girlfriend of the 3rd richest man on planet earth, is a hella famous artist with albums selling in stores and online, and has toured the world

This money could’ve actually gone to someone who needed it 

She’s probably not the only one who got it.. She herself deserves her money.. She doesn’t need to live with someone else’s money. I see what you mean tho but she has every right to get that money.. I’m not even her fan 

RahrahWitch

Yeah no. Even without Elon's earning taken into account she has more than enough money to support herself, She's a world famous celebrity.

She should refuse the money and those funding programs need to revaluated. If she was aware and went along with it that's a pretty bad move on her part.

CannaeDrive

Yeah, in theory the label is eligible and every right to get that support money.

In practice it is the decent thing to let others get that money instead, because, you know, rich boyfriend and all that stuff.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Archived