CUT : what are white people superior at

RenegAde

Featured Posts

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RenegAde
2 minutes ago, TWICE said:

Yes, and a bunch of other sources like any humans nowadays, so?

Please Do better . 

1 hour ago, TWICE said:

No I mean hypothesis. It means you are talking about events that can happen rather than actually happened. The discrimination within race (aka Chinese vs Indian in your example) is often times rooted from colorism and classism or sometimes just due to hostile political influences, ie Russia vs America.

It is not racism.

And again, my point here is discrimination should not happen but keep saying black people are racist is not gonna help. They’re prejudiced but that’s end of their power. They don’t hold the kind of power that can actually systematically oppress you in real life. I’m not justifying that the stereotype in the video but I’m saying the stereotype is not as detrimental like racism could do. A smell at most implied they probably don’t have good hygiene. While, racist signals in the past implied black people are intellectually inferior, and should not be counted as a whole human to justify slavery.

Racism is complex, that’s why most of the times, people including the white ones are not racist nowadays but rather than they’re ignorant or prejudiced.

This is all far too overthought, and I dont mean that as it's not intelligent and well thought out, but it's not the reality of how people are thinking. I am in the UK, the most racism ive seen is white kids vs Indian kids. Never once saw a black kid get bullied for being black once in my entire school life but Indian kids definitely would. That is still racism, it's not then 'colorism' rather than racist.

If prejudice is the extent to the power the guys in this video have it's been used to mock white people rather than build up black people. Thats what needs to be done, white people are also fighting for this and videos like that are really disheartening.

Pennywise
1 minute ago, TWICE said:

But as soon as a POC voicing a contradicting opinion, y’all question my education and sources. 

THIS. The second you are not fighting racism on "their" terms, white people immediately resort to inherently racist rhetoric. 

Which is the reason why I can't take any white person in this thread seriously. If your immediate reaction to this video is to get defensive, congrats! You're a part of the problem. 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

RenegAde
11 minutes ago, TWICE said:

It’s funny, I tried to sympathize with white people when it’s not my job. Saying sometimes we are just lacking education to harm anyone on the basis of race. But as soon as a POC voicing a contradicting opinion, y’all question my education and sources. 
But it’s not like I’m not gonna convince anyone today. None of us are actually arguing in good faith and barely try to exam whether our belief aligned with what actually happened in our society.

Not sure i understand this post but it was really hurtful for you to discredit that users personal experience just because of something you read on twitter. The world does not begin in america and end on twitter ,there is a bigger world out there with different viewpoints and experiences that you cant just discredit .please broaden your scope of research . Make friends with people of other nationalities . Listen to POC (not just the ones you want to listen to)

Also funny how you assume peoples race based on one comment. 

I wonder why you think i was referring to  you tho? Maybe because all your post sound like paraphrased twitter rhetoric ??

1 hour ago, Pennywise said:

THIS. The second you are not fighting racism on "their" terms, white people immediately resort to inherently racist rhetoric. 

Which is the reason why I can't take any white person in this thread seriously. If your immediate reaction to this video is to get defensive, congrats! You're a part of the problem. 

That literally makes no sence at all.

Why is being defensive about being completely generalised and mocked make you part of the problem, look at the comments and dislikes on that video. Nobody agrees that it is okay.

I understand POC getting a kick out of seeing white people get dragged for a bit as a "This is how it feels" But being offended by that when youve done nothing wrong, or are a white person genuinely fighting for black rights, it is more than valid to see it for what it is.

TWICE on hatius

I apologize for discrediting @Medusa experience. Your experience is valid.

Please ignore the spelling in username. I am a Beyonce stan afterall.

TWICE on hatius

Anyway, again this is not a good faith argument. I’ll edit out my comments.

Please ignore the spelling in username. I am a Beyonce stan afterall.

Pennywise
14 minutes ago, Medusa said:

That literally makes no sence at all.

Why is being defensive about being completely generalised and mocked make you part of the problem, look at the comments and dislikes on that video. Nobody agrees that it is okay.

I understand POC getting a kick out of seeing white people get dragged for a bit as a "This is how it feels" But being offended by that when youve done nothing wrong, or are a white people genuinely fighting for black rights, it is more than valid to see it as the trash it is.

Okay but WHY would you be offended by any of that if you've, as you said, done nothing wrong? If you've done nothing wrong, then none of that is directed to you specifically. And while you might be genuinely fighting for racial equality, it is an undeniable fact that the reason such an inequality exists IS white people. When POC complain about "white people", it is not you specifically. 

RenegAde
16 minutes ago, TWICE said:

Umh, when did I assume your race?

Twitter is a prominent left communication  channel. You clearly refer to me, playing coy is not gonna help you? Well, I have a gut to admit to what I’m thinking. Twitter also said other stuffs but again I did mention I use other sources to confirm my belief. Statistic clearly show us who is not and is benefited off systematic discrimination (from education to justice)

But I apologize for discrediting @Medusa experience. Your experience is valid.

You are right on some points but please Just keep an open mind and dont be in a hurry to blurt out whatever you read online . Nothing trumps people personal experience. 

We can all agree to disagree on what we personally view as racism based on our varying  personal backgrounds . But the certain fact here is that this video was a choice , a very distasteful choice .   

And i was not playing coy , i meant what i said . Twitter aint it:billie:

1 hour ago, Pennywise said:

Okay but WHY would you be offended by any of that if you've, as you said, done nothing wrong? If you've done nothing wrong, then none of that is directed to you specifically. And while you might be genuinely fighting for racial equality, it is an undeniable fact that the reason such an inequality exists IS white people. When POC complain about "white people", it is not you specifically. 

These are comments about white people, as in, people who are white. It is not about 'Racist white people' It is basically What are white people good at, and then a list of every negative stereotype and negative thing.

It is literally intended to apply to me and every other white person watching, nowhere does it give an area to be like, ah okay but this dosent apply to me, the more it goes on the worse it gets. There are so many comments from POC who are horrified and embarassed by it.

Pennywise
8 minutes ago, Medusa said:

These are comments about WHITE PEOPLE, as in, people who are white. It is not about 'Racist white people' It is basically What are white people good at, and then a list of every negative stereotype and negative thing.

It is literally intended to apply to me and every other white person watching, nowhere does it give an area to be like, ah okay but this dosent apply to me, the more it goes on the worse it gets. There are so many comments from POC who are horrified and embarassed by it.

That video is NOT as bad as y'all try to make it out to be. But the people in this thread are bent on playing the victim, and none of you are ever going to accept that because accepting it would mean accepting your inherent racism.

Also, many comments from POC who are horrified? Also as many comments from racist white people, being racist, but of course you wouldn't want to talk about that, would you?

Nothing said in this video is any different than the "ghetto" generalization white people always do. In fact, they do it worse. But perhaps you are, or "y'all" are mad because people openly talk about themes like white privilege in the video, because that's what they mostly do, and you seem to be really mad about that.

Oppression? Inequality? Gaslighting? All of it are stuff white people do to other races, including the gaslighting attempts in this thread. So why is it bad when people talk about it? 

Appropriating things? Stealing ideas? Taking over other people's cultures and making you believe that they invented it? Yep, white people do that too. Again, this has been documented over and over even in these last years. Actually, ESPECIALLY in these years with the social media. 

Lies about history? Yeah, that comment is right, too. Conquering? Imperialism? Being colonizers? Violence? White people EXCELLED at all that for AGES. They built societies on those foundations. None of the people who say these are wrong, historically. So explain to me how hearing the truth offends you, please? Or don't, since I'm tired of the excuses and the gaslighting attempts. 

Can't help but feel uncomfortable when I'm grouped together with a bunch of other people I don't feel a part of :shrug: is it really such a big effort to say "a lot of" before "white people"? I think it would be a lot more productive if we want to end white-on-black racism. Polarization isn't it. People don't like being negatively stereotyped, and that's legitimate. I've seen people like my brother turn right-wing and stuff like this is the sole reason for it, meanwhile black people as a whole haven't gained a single bit from this type of exclusionary narratives, I'd say it makes stuff worse. No matter how you phrase it or how much you laugh people off who disagree, it's not right and is counter-productive if the purpose is to fight anti-black discrimination :shrug: 

• FATCAT locked this topic

Archived