other

CUT : what are white people superior at

RenegAde

Featured Posts

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bonkers

White supremacists are people who know that they suck so much their only hope in life is taking credit for the stuff the good white people did.  The good white people don't like or need white supremacy.  

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

JusKeepBreathin

Racism. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

MonsterPaws

Colonization.

Spoiler

yes yes a lot of other groups colonize as well (the Japanese, Arabs, Turks, etc.) but you gotta give credit where credit is due. White people really know how to colonize and displace entire continents and natives :yennefer:

LateToCult

Beating this brown boochie.

Spoiler

It’s not even 8:30AM and I’m disgusted that this post and a text asking my sister if she’s down for Taco Bell are my first communications to the world today. :bradley:

Why is it ok for this video to paint a picture of all white people in one category? I’m white, and I fight every day for equality for the LGBTQ and POC, and work locally to campaign for DACA. And there are a lot of white people like me. This video is half bashing white people. I understand having a conversation about Superiority, but to sit to there and say all white people smell funky, or all white people are ignorant? Like what is the point of that? How is that fighting for equality? Half of this video is valid, but the other half is just hurling insults at white people. It’s not necessary. It’s like a spit  in the face for those of us who fight daily for equality for especially black people. 

Half of this country does have a superiority complex, but the other half doesn’t deserve to be spat on. We need to work towards equality and not constantly insult each other. 

Superiority ends when everyone sees the other as equal. And which one of you white people doesn’t use seasoning? Us southern white people spice the crap out of everything. 

Contessa
33 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

Beating this brown boochie.

Reveal hidden contents

It’s not even 8:30AM and I’m disgusted that this post and a text asking my sister if she’s down for Taco Bell are my first communications to the world today. :bradley:

IM SCREAMING :air:

OT: I can already tell this thread will get very messy. It’s crazy to see how people react when the shoe is on the other foot. 

Queen Bitch

A white bashing video. Great:ladyhaha:
Ask a bunch of white people "what are black people superior at" the answers would be just as negative but we all know that video wouldn't be considered okay, but somehow this is. If you want everyone to be treated the same, and everyone absolutely should be treated the same, then actually do treat everyone the same. Don't go around generalizing and hurling insults at whites just because you can, only to then throw a hissy fit if someone even looks at you in a wrong way. 

And yes I do know white people have it easier.  BUT, there are two ways to make everyone equal; those who are disadvantaged could drag those of us who are privileged down with them, OR those of us who are privileged could lift the disadvantaged up. Personally I prefer the latter option. Unfortunately that can't be done if we keep being hostile to each other - and this video seems very hostile. Hostility breeds hostility. 

Also that guy at 3:51: "if you're white and you know this is happening, and you say nothing, then you're a killer too". I hope Mr. Dough Head realizes when he says that, he is indirectly agreeing with the national conservatives that all Muslims should denounce terrorism. A very foolish opinion to hold. 

White supremacy is just as vested in brainwashing white people as it is suppressing people of color, particularly black people. White people are not inherently racist by any means. Education is the most important thing. That doesn’t mean excusing racist people, but we can look at the circumstances and attitudes that lead to racism being passed down generationally and try to fix them for future generations. It’s in the interests of white supremacists to spread their ideology through white populations of the present and future.

I can’t speak for what is the best way to go about this, but I do hope it improves.

Cookie Tookie

These types of videos only strengthen the far right because of the nonsensical nature of the video. Instead of tearing down an entire race of people, why don’t they instead do a “Things black people are superior at” and spread positivity and empowerment by recognizing black accomplishments and skills?

imnotyourbabe10

While I appreciate the cultural jokes in the video (e.g., I am sure not only white people adore and talk about their pets), there are better ways of understanding whiteness.  Below is a segment about Robin DiAngelo's recent, pivotal work, White Fragility.  It not only touches on whiteness but also societal norms (like individualism).

EDIT: We also need to talk about the differences between equity and equality, which would help in leveling the playing field(s) in our society.

EDIT: While the OP video could be viewed problematic to some (and we shouldn't be asking POC to do any heavy lifting/educating White people in their work toward equality/equity), POC's views on White people are helpful as the outsider's perspective -- shedding light on areas White people may not introspectively see as they are part of the dominant group.  Another example for a specific group -- put a straight person in a gay bar and they may provide nuances or perspectives to the cultural norms that the gay patrons may not have otherwise seen.  Hope this makes some sense?  This is not to say folx don't see their cultural norms but hearing an "outsider's" perspective can really be impactful.

RenegAde
29 minutes ago, Biggest Bitch said:

Both were racist :saladga: The question and the answers too 

True , the question does not give room for good answers  ,  i hope that was the point CUT was trying to make

Pennywise

It is really fun to see white people in the thread getting offended, trying to dictate how others react to racism and thus having the point fly far, far over their heads :billie:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

• FATCAT locked this topic

Archived