music news

Miley Cyrus and Dua Lipa accused of copying Dream Wife's music video

Teletubby

Featured Posts

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Regina George

I see their point but why accuse Miley and Dua (who probably had no creative input)? It's directors fault. 

Regina George
1 hour ago, Adarsh said:

Maybe they sampled the video just like they sampled the song :bear:

Why make a big deal out of them sampling 2 seconds of some song when it's done by every single artist including Gaga herself (even on her latest album)? I'm honestly curious because I see people being so outraged by them sampling a song. 

Just few shameless examples that basically copied whole songs and called it a sample:

Spoiler

Teletubby
2 minutes ago, Little99 said:

They should be proud that Miley honored that movie. I didn't even know that it exists :ladyhaha:

Do you think that it is ok? Just because someone is famous doesn't give her/him right to steal work of lesser-known artists. Someone should contact and pay them. 

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

Karen Smith
3 minutes ago, 777777777777777777 said:

Do you think that it is ok? Just because someone is famous doesn't give her/him right to steal work of lesser-known artists. Someone should contact and pay them. 

This is work stealing? She just recreated some moment and for me it doesn't mean she stole that. Maybe I'm wrong but this is something like 911 and the color of pomegranates. 

alsemanche

Pretty sure it's a reference to it, just like the lips are a reference to the Rocky Horror Picture Show

Soft, soothing, and succulent

monketsharona
6 hours ago, 777777777777777777 said:

True and I hope Lady Gaga also sent some checks in her career :staymad:

Seriously I can't belive some little Monsters are totally trashing this while you are all stanning a singer that make obvious references in all of her music videos (her lattest one included) and have zero problem with this.

Referencing pieces of art is not stealing. Get this

Blastertoyo
48 minutes ago, Adarsh said:

Maybe they sampled the video just like they sampled the song :bear:

You can’t sample a video :huntyga:

I’m guessing it’s obviously an homage or a reference since it’s really obvious 

please enlighten me to death

Pennywise

I don't know about stealing but that teeth moment was so........ aesthetically unpleasant :ohwell:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

TimisaMonster

Olivia Newton John should sue for the song being a cheap Physical 2.0 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Dr Fudge

Literally everything has been done before in some capacity. It’s really not that big of a deal. :excuseu:

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

BornAsUnic0rn
1 hour ago, Little99 said:

This is work stealing? She just recreated some moment and for me it doesn't mean she stole that. Maybe I'm wrong but this is something like 911 and the color of pomegranates. 

exactly, you can’t praise Gaga for her references when you call it copying with others. 

Archived