🔴 Limited-edition Red Vinyl 🔴

Sign in to follow this  
society

Toronto Back Into FULL Lockdown

Economy

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5809575

The Province of Ontario has put Toronto and the Peel Region cities (Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon) back into full lockdown

Only essential businesses will be open. Gyms are closed again and restaurants will be back to only take out. Malls will be shut as well as well as all other non-essential services

• Shook 3

Economy

And of course my city (Brampton) continues to have the highest concentration in Canada.

We have consistently been the hot spot for months and the Premier of Ontario keeps calling out my city :toofunny:

• Shook 1
  • Sad 1

LadyGoo

Omg imagine being in the good sis 2021's shoes, having to clean up the mess 2020 made :saladga: I DO NOT envy ha :messga:

• Like 1

Franch Toast

Honestly, I think it's better to shut things down as much as possible, as much as it sucks. Of course, it'd be nice if governments can have a program in place to help small businesses and people who aren't working. 

Stay safe!

She/Her/Hers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Economy
3 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

Honestly, I think it's better to shut things down as much as possible, as much as it sucks. Of course, it'd be nice if governments can have a program in place to help small businesses and people who aren't working. 

Stay safe!

Tbh I don't know how much that would ultimately help tho that's the problem.

Shutdowns seem to only eradicate the virus if done very early and very harshly. If not it ends up just controlling spikes somewhat but it doesn't ultimately stop it

I know tracking data from contact tracers in my region of Peel has suggested most cases are being transmitted thru personal and private contacts to a much higher degree than thru businesses which tend to follow safety guidelines more rigurosly

Ppl would also have to actually listen and stop partying or hanging out. In a Country like China the Government was able to crack down hard on that but in Western Democracies it doesn't fly with ppl because "their freedoms" :toofunny:

Gimme More

England is in full lockdown too until December 2nd 2020.

#FreeBritney ♡
  • Like 3

Blastertoyo

Good 

BC JUST announced that masks are mandatory in all public places and you can be refused service if you don’t wear one 

J U S T 

For me having come back from Hong Kong where the situation there was the complete opposite and they got their act together and had masks required and mass testing to Canada being like sTaY iN yOuR bUbBlE had me all the way pissed off 

what did y’all do alllll year Canada? :awkney:

wait the virus away? 

• Thanks 1

Economy
5 minutes ago, Blastertoyo said:

Good 

BC JUST announced that masks are mandatory in all public places and you can be refused service if you don’t wear one 

J U S T 

For me having come back from Hong Kong where the situation there was the complete opposite and they got their act together and had masks required and mass testing to Canada being like sTaY iN yOuR bUbBlE had me all the way pissed off 

what did y’all do alllll year Canada? :awkney:

wait the virus away? 

In Ontario masks have been mandatory for a while everywhere except outdoors.

And the bubble idea is stupid anyway. Even if ppl actually followed that properly each person has their own bubble so spread it to someone else and u infect other bubbles and they end up doing nothing. So now they are just saying don't associate with anyone outside ur household

Honestly what makes me a little upset is ppl just complaining and laying all the blame on government. Like do ur part too. The government can shut down businesses and do restrictions but ppl gotta stop having parties and hanging out. That's personal responsibility too

Blastertoyo
3 minutes ago, Economy said:

Honestly what makes me a little upset is ppl just complaining and laying all the blame on government. Like do ur part too. The government can shut down businesses and do restrictions but ppl gotta stop having parties and hanging out. That's personal responsibility too

That’s where I’m gonna disagree a bit though, if stuff is open, people will go. The way everything was just open like 

kathy griffin spread eagle GIF
you’re trying to tell people to have discretion and self control? 
Episode 6 GIF by BBC Three

Cuz that works soooo well even without a virus :huntyga:

Edited by Blastertoyo
  • Like 1

StarstruckIllusion

Nice to hear but its sad that most cases are coming from personal events. People throwing parties and get togethers... no <3... people are mad about humans “taking away their rights”, but are just fine with a virus doing the same thing... + potentially their own life?? I don’t get it but then again not everyone is sensible so :music:

Economy
46 minutes ago, Blastertoyo said:

That’s where I’m gonna disagree a bit though, if stuff is open, people will go. The way everything was just open like 

kathy griffin spread eagle GIF
you’re trying to tell people to have discretion and self control? 
Episode 6 GIF by BBC Three

Cuz that works soooo well even without a virus :huntyga:

What I'm saying is if the biggest sources of transmission are private and not business... And the government is asking ppl to stop having parties... The blame kinda goes both ways in my view

Just cuz the government is the one ultimately in charge doesn't mean if u engage in behavior u know is wrekless and that the medical community keeps warning about that ur totally off the hook from responsibility

I'm not gonna go around having parties and being irresponsible just because  the government technically could of done more and if I get someone sick and they die somehow share no responsibility on my bad actions that I KNOW are problematic. I would have shared responsibility for my bad actions. Authorities asked us to social distance and by choosing to not listen I would of been guilty of killing that person. I don't think I would get to write off my conscience that it's all the government's fault because they should of done more. I still made a bad decision in that scenario and I wasn't oblivious to the virus and it's dangers

Tbh the whole put all the blame on government and no personal responsibility sounds kinda like an entitled attitude to me that modern society takes as an easy way to never share responsibility and always blame another figure for everything else

I don't ascribe to the idea that one party always has to take ALL of the blame. Blame can be shared by 2 sets of ppl

Edit: I also wanna add that in the 21st century most Nations are now democracies. We are not living in the times of monarchies and dictatorships anymore (in most countries anyway) where the top figure controls everything

Democracies by nature give the ppl a greater influence and freedoms. We are not gonna weld doors shut like they did in China. An extreme like that is not democratic. U have to trust that ppl will follow instructions. With more freedom I think also comes more responsibility. The government is not gonna control our every move or every choice we make and we have a choice to be responsible or to not be.

Democracies by nature require co-operation and I think largely that's where they fail because ppl don't want to listen and accountability is minimal

But I do get where ur coming from about the Government not setting a good enough example or not doing enough. I do agree with u. All I'm saying is I don't think that's an excuse to be wrekless. We are not unaware of the dangers of the virus so if we choose to be irresponsible at least SOME of the accountability I think goes back to us

Edited by Economy