Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

The Making of 911 (VEVO Footnotes)

numb the flame

Featured Posts

CyanLights
3 hours ago, Quran said:

?

literally everyone's doing it. even better than her imo.

That’s fine, it’s def possible. But just the fact that Gaga and other artists are doing the most during a pandemic is respectable and impressive when they don’t owe us anything to begin with. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooh, it's like Pop Up Video all over again! lol I mean yeah, obviously not anything we didn't already know, but good for the casual non-die hard fans to see. Although they missed so much symbolism because there's SO much of it the entire video, they couldn't have possibly detailed all of it (really bugged my OCD lol).

Pennywise
1 hour ago, CyanLights said:

That’s fine, it’s def possible. But just the fact that Gaga and other artists are doing the most during a pandemic is respectable and impressive when they don’t owe us anything to begin with. 

I... don't get where this "they don't owe us anything" thing comes from honestly. Famous people owe their fame and opportunities to their fans. This is true in whatever industry. You don't get famous in pure talent or hard work. You don't get famous if you don't have fans who support you. And if I had fans, for example, I would at the very least be more in contact with them ESPECIALLY through the pandemic. (and please do not talk to me about depression, I know what that feels like) Not that Gaga "has" to do it, but I reeeeally don't get this "not owing" thing. The LEAST they can do is to do their job. Why are y'all surprised or mad when we complain about it? 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Free My Mind
7 hours ago, Quran said:

?

literally everyone's doing it. even better than her imo.

go on their fan site then

TEANUS
1 hour ago, Free My Mind said:

go on their fan site then

Loves Gaga’s music, wants her to love it and want to enjoy sharing it too, sees everyone else making the best of the times and churning out content 24/7 /=/ not being a Gaga fan

Having an opinion that Gaga might have actually done something that makes a lot of fans angry /=/ not being a Gaga fan

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

OhHenny2020

She’s performing at the AMAs. They waited to release this for context, when people go to search for the video after her performance on Sunday.

numb the flame
1 hour ago, OhHenny2020 said:

She’s performing at the AMAs. They waited to release this for context, when people go to search for the video after her performance on Sunday.

??

alsemanche

I mean cool they released something but also all this info is all over the internet and all these things were decoded a couple of hours (or even less) after the video was released, including the wardrobe and its sources. They could have done much more with this (BTS footage, deeper analyses and references...). It just feels weird to post this so long after the video release when everyone has figured it all out and there are 500 articles and posts about every detail online. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

CyanLights
10 hours ago, Pennywise said:

I... don't get where this "they don't owe us anything" thing comes from honestly. Famous people owe their fame and opportunities to their fans. This is true in whatever industry. You don't get famous in pure talent or hard work. You don't get famous if you don't have fans who support you. And if I had fans, for example, I would at the very least be more in contact with them ESPECIALLY through the pandemic. (and please do not talk to me about depression, I know what that feels like) Not that Gaga "has" to do it, but I reeeeally don't get this "not owing" thing. The LEAST they can do is to do their job. Why are y'all surprised or mad when we complain about it? 

She gave us a full album, despite the pandemic. Not only a full album, but three videos, endless merch, and plenty of social issue lobbying. She’s done a lot considering. 

Pennywise
1 minute ago, CyanLights said:

She gave us a full album, despite the pandemic. Not only a full album, but three videos, endless merch, and plenty of social issue lobbying. She’s done a lot considering. 

The album and two of the videos were done before the pandemic, though, and while I love that she works so hard for social issues - I'll never complain about her social work ever - it seems to me that music-wise, she, or her team, did almost nothing (almost, because 911 video was great, even if she promptly forgot it existed) to adapt to the pandemic compared to others in the industry. 

And I get it, she already has lupus, and does so much, and covid-19 may put her at a larger risk, but the very least she could do is to simply tell us stuff. I don't want anthing elaborate, but even communicating a little more with the fans would do so much to satiate people. And she doesn't "have to" do it, yes, and I understand why she might not want to actually, especially after the things happening with fans during the ARTPOP era, but if she doesn't at least do that, I feel we have every right to complain.  

Teletubby
15 hours ago, QueenHunty said:

The fact that there's no actual bts footage here is annoying. 

Vevo Footnotes always look like this

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

Runway
12 hours ago, Pennywise said:

The LEAST they can do is to do their job.

Fans are not Gagas employer unless you are paying her to produce music videos and we haven’t heard? Buying albums, merch and tour tickets only makes you entitled to literally owning albums, merch and tickets, not to videos, performances & social media interaction, so nope. She technically doesnt owe you any of those things :vegas: 

Pennywise
44 minutes ago, Runway said:

Fans are not Gagas employer unless you are paying her to produce music videos and we haven’t heard? Buying albums, merch and tour tickets only makes you entitled to literally owning albums, merch and tickets, not to videos, performances & social media interaction, so nope. She technically doesnt owe you any of those things :vegas: 

Imagine repeating this and thinking you did something... :laughga:

You know words, bravo :golfclap:

now please learn to read context :poot:

MaMaMarryTheNight

STOP. USING. THE. PANDEMIC. AS. AN. EXCUSE

like I don’t get it wtf. We ALL live in it and have to do our stuff. Hell, if you’re too lazy to plan something big, do something out of your living room then. :laughga: 

i know she’s focusing on important stuff and I love her for that. 

I’m not even mentioning what is possible if you want to do it. Just look at the other musicians. 

topic: what a coincidence to release all this 911 stuff when promoting a new LG TV. Get that coin gags 

⚔️💖 THE PAID PARTNERSHIPS CONTINUE💖⚔️

6 hours ago, Pennywise said:

Imagine repeating this and thinking you did something... :laughga:

You know words, bravo :golfclap:

now please learn to read context :poot:

love how you drag them :vegas:

Archived