💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I WILL defend what Gaga does: here’s why

LittleMonster20

Featured Posts

pachinko
2 hours ago, M Monstre said:

Okay, overall, I'm with you, but I seriously don't think we need another thread like this :giveup: 

:golfclap:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bolkins

I think Chromatica was intended to be one final hurrah in what she created during her youth. I think she’s been trying to move on from that phase of her life some time but it’s hard when us fans want to keep her in her 20s forever. I think that ultimately is what some this fan frustration is about, she’s changed because she’s aged. It’s a confronting idea, but it’s out of everyone’s control. 

elijahfan
2 hours ago, Borislshere said:

Actual hate comments should be taken care of by mods but once again, the entire point if this forum is for people to share their opinions and thoughts on her work and what she's currently doing. Not everything is going to be "YAS GAGA SLAY".  

I have to agree with this, I feel like constructive criticism is always welcome as long as it doesn't fall into disrespect.

I also feel like people online are taking all this way too seriously... It's entertainment, it should be fun and light-hearted. Then again, some stans spend all their time on the internet and fanbases represent their whole lives, so anything related to their fave becomes matters of life and death. I'm a Gaga fan on the heavy side of the spectrum, and it's great to be passionate about something, but thankfully I also have a life of my own which prevents me from going crazy like some others :triggered:

I get what your saying 100% and i made a similar thread around April after Chromatica was released, however some people will disagree with you about the whole era/promo situation because they're disappointed and i am too but I'm not gonna blame Gaga as I'm happy and grateful for the album and everything that's came with it.

I think theres always gonna be a debate about the the era and just agree to disagree with certain people as it isn't worth the arguments.

18 hours ago, Kadikaado said:

I didn't read the thread, but:

Gaga does whatever she wants to.

BUT

After years far from pop she releases the album her fans wanted from her, the perfect pop album. She shoots 3 videos and do a single performance.

Is that enough? I don't think so.

She can do whatever she wants, but when she releases a project the bar minimum you expect are a handful performances. She sells lots of merch, but doesn't bother promoting? I don't think it's fair to the fans that are giving their money buying albums and merch, giving streams, voting for awards she doesn't bother showing up etc.

That's my opinion.

And the chromatica weather girls and gagavisions and gagaradio 

PxA limited
10 minutes ago, Bolkins said:

I think Chromatica was intended to be one final hurrah in what she created during her youth. I think she’s been trying to move on from that phase of her life some time but it’s hard when us fans want to keep her in her 20s forever. I think that ultimately is what some this fan frustration is about, she’s changed because she’s aged. It’s a confronting idea, but it’s out of everyone’s control. 

Move where? Move to what? Didn't she ring all the bells in this world how she'll be making music forever, how she wasnt the kind of star that will just disappear (no matter what), how she was born and will die on a stage?

Fans fell in love with this sort of energy and personality not a whining one. Therefore its logical to expect the backlash over this lack of wish and will to do anything except advertise brands. Geez.

:fail:

7 minutes ago, petararthur said:

Move where? Move to what? Didn't she ring all the bells in this world how she'll be making music forever, how she wasnt the kind of star that will just disappear (no matter what), how she was born and will die on a stage?

Fans fell in love with this sort of energy and personality not a whining one. Therefore its logical to expect the backlash over this lack of wish and will to do anything except advertise brands. Geez.

So gaga exspressing how she feels is whining to you how about you accept that people change 

Gaga gaga gaga gaga gaga gaga gaga yaaaaaaaaaaaaas gaga gaga gaga

original.gif

really, sometimes this culty behavior is alarming, we are not followers of Gaga, we're simply fans of her music and her work, we can be disappointed, we can express our opinions, this unconditionally blind stanning behavior is dangerous and the main reason for the toxic stans, stan wars and simply robotic people who cares about one human being in an unhealthy obsessive way.

Kinda tiring to see these kind of posts every once in a while that blaming us how bad fans we are and preaching to us how we should change our bad ways, just because we said that the era is disappointing.. google something else, there are other fascinating things to care about in the world (I wanted to say go outside, but covid)

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

PxA limited
21 minutes ago, Suuus said:

So gaga exspressing how she feels is whining to you how about you accept that people change 

You know what? We all have problems. I believe her life is not super easy, but I bet rich people's problems can be solved easier than someone's who does not have power or resources as Gaga OR possibilities. She has so many friends for life, nice family. A lot of people don't have anything that comes close. 

And yes, people change so I get it, don't worry. 

PxA limited
5 minutes ago, River said:

Gaga gaga gaga gaga gaga gaga gaga yaaaaaaaaaaaaas gaga gaga gaga

original.gif

really, sometimes this culty behavior is alarming, we are not followers of Gaga, we're simply fans of her music and her work, we can be disappointed, we can express our opinions, this unconditionally blind stanning behavior is dangerous and the main reason for the toxic stans, stan wars and simply robotic people who cares about one human being in an unhealthy obsessive way.

Kinda tiring to see these kind of posts every once in a while that blaming us how bad fans we are and preaching to us how we should change our bad ways, just because we said that the era is disappointing.. google something else, there are other fascinating things to care about in the world (I wanted to say go outside, but covid)

Bravo :golfclap:

Being a true fan is realizing our idol's mistakes or wrong doings, but still loving them.

That's appreciation.

Glamourpuss
13 minutes ago, petararthur said:

You know what? We all have problems. I believe her life is not super easy, but I bet rich people's problems can be solved easier than someone's who does not have power or resources as Gaga OR possibilities. She has so many friends for life, nice family. A lot of people don't have anything that comes close. 

And yes, people change so I get it, don't worry. 

She knows she's privileged and has access to things that most people don't. She gets herself the help she requires. But problems like depression and fibromyalgia can still persist no matter how much money you spend or how many people you have around you lifting you up. There's no miracle cure for these illnesses. 

Bolkins
17 minutes ago, petararthur said:

I’m sure she will still continue to make music and ofc won’t just disappear. What I mean is that it seems to be a hard gig being an ageing pop star, especially a female one. Pop music is mostly listened to by young people, so success largely hangs on needing to appeal to teenagers. I think Katy Perry has struggled with this and that’s why she has career issues rn. Gaga diversified what she does away from pop music and it’s basically saved her career. 

2 hours ago, Suspiria said:

Yes she is a human being, but she's a human being that's part of a multi-million dollar machine.

She has hundreds of millions of dollars at her personal disposal, is signed to one of the biggest labels earth, has a team of professionals who exclusively work for her, has connections with every major fashion house. She has the power and connections to work with ANYONE she wants to, and the money to hire teams of people to produce as much work as she could ever want.

If Gaga wanted to, she could produce a LOT of high quality content very easily, without actually doing that much work herself. It's not like she is personally sewing her clothes (or even finding the clothes), editing her own videos, composing her own graphic designs. With Chromatica she didn't even produce her own music:toofunny:

As everyone keeps saying, at this point Gaga is more of a business than an artist. Given that she is now delegating more work to others than ever before, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the 'Gaga' factory to churn out more content.

You make good points and I know others feel the same way.  I understand your perspective and appreciate your sharing.

I look at Gaga from a different perspective and view her in this order:  The person, the humanitarian, the artist, and the businesswoman.  Like every other person she has many influences, considerations, priorities, and thought processes built over a lifetime of experiences that make her who she is.  Based on many things she has said and done over many years, I believe she feels her role as a humanitarian is the most important to her.  Helping people is built into her character and will not change.  Next, I believe she considers herself as an artist more than a businesswoman.  And without her art there would be no business.  Lumping it all together into one thing, Gaga is a person who uses her art, wealth, fame, and reach to accomplish her number one priority of helping people and spreading love, kindness, and positivity.  I celebrate that.

About the Chromatica era, I think once the pandemic hit she decided on a minimal approach while so many people are dying from such a tragedy.  I think she was emotionally effected by all the suffering and I think her minimal approach set a good example.  Even delegating the work to accomplish a full-blown era could set an example she did not want to set.  Some artists and fans disagree with her approach, but it's her thoughts and she does what she personally believes is right.   People can say should think differently, but Gaga is an emotional person and she leads with her heart.  She does not do a minimal era to upset her fans.  Actually, considering the circumstances, she gave us quite a bit.  The election also weighed heavily on her and she wanted to spend as much time and effort as she could to do what she thinks is right for the country and the world.  Bottom line:  Gaga is a caring person.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Lona Delery
4 hours ago, LittleMonster20 said:

SHE ISN’T DOING ANYTHING 

i agree :billie:

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

• LittleMonster20 changed the title to I WILL defend what Gaga does: here’s why

Archived