Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I WILL defend what Gaga does: here’s why

LittleMonster20

Featured Posts

Reality
7 minutes ago, Autumn said:

#1.) saying 'she made an album and a video and a performance for us!!' is redundant, since it's her job. if she did something EXTRA, i'd agree like gaga radio or the dive bar tour, since they were both extra fun surprises. however, a musician making music and a performer performing is their job.

#2.) we are entitled to have an opinion. we are, truthfully, customers. and we have a right to express our opinion. you are being extraordinarily hyperbolic. MOST negative opinions on here are not hateful. if we dont like haus labs... okay? it isn't like we're calling her ugly or making a personal insult, we're discussing her business decisions, as the consumers of that very business.

#3.) if we say 'keep your negative opinion to yourself' then we risk becoming a toxic echo chamber where everyone is afraid to speak. y'all say 'leave gaga alone!!!' and then attack dua or ava or another popstar at the soonest occasion. all. popstars. are. open. to. criticism. they. are. public. figures.

I have to push back on a few things though.

#1.) Gaga's more than just a musician now. She's an actress, an activist, a philanthropist, an entrepreneur, etc. She wears many different hats now, and yes, while she will always be a singer, she's expanded her horizons. If we're talking about TFM, BTW, and maybe even the ARTPOP days, then okay, I might agree with you. But we're far from those days now. People always want her to put on her "musician" hat, but it's funny that whenever she promotes Haus Labs or does acting stuff, people are never like, "Well, she's an entrepreneur and actress too! So it's her job to do those things!"

#2.) We are customers, but we also have the freewill to spend our money and time on things we actually like and care about...If people continually spend their money on tour tickets, merch, albums, make-up, etc., but then continually complain and/or criticize those things, then maybe people should spend their money and time elsewhere...This isn't a dig saying that y'all can't have your opinions. We all have our opinions on different stuff, but at some point there's just no point in criticizing and instead just leaving.

#3.) People have been saying that for years and yet we still have people who openly express their opinions (whether positive or negative). Public figures are open to criticism, sure, but they're also human. It's important that we just not blanket-statement every hate comment as "criticism." I'm not saying that you're doing that, but it's what I've seen a lot of people do. We can have discussions and all that, but let's be real here: most negative comments on this forum are hateful in nature. Not all of them, obviously, but let's take the HL example that you said earlier. We must be looking at different threads here because those threads are always filled with shady gifs, sarcastic remarks, passive aggressive comments, etc. with no real substance. That's not criticism. 

🖤👹

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sneaky Oliver

I'm with you! These members dragging Gaga for the silliest things are getting annoying at this point. They think they have the right to call this woman whatever they want. They're way too much entitled for my taste. :madge:

I’m on my Legacy Act era

8 minutes ago, Sepsami said:

Speak for yourself lol, she definitely didn't fail me and many others. Maybe some people on here to find another thing to keep them busy in life instead of obsessing over what Gaga is or isn't doing :awkney:

I actually don't care what she is doing, a have a lot more interesting thing to do in my life. And a lot more good music this year to listen. Its just opinion, we all have different ;)

Reality
13 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

And those people should be ignored. A shady gif or comment should just be ignored or reported if it's that bad. It's going to happen regardless of the situation that a member will just post a shady gif instead of an actual response, that's not new and can't really be changed. That happens in every thread, gaga related or not. 

OP on the other hand is arguing that unless it's positive, it shouldn't even be shared which is completely ridiculous. I've already said it but we're not always going to like what she does. We're not always going to agree with each other BUT we should be allowed to share our opinions. Negative and Positive. 

Personally, I still support her because I've loved her since 2010 and no matter what she does, I still find something enjoyable in it. However, I've become a lot more critical of her because I don't feel like theres the same genuine connection between her and her recent projects. Like I said in another thread, i'm not her so I can't speak for her or anything, just my personally feelings. But you're right with "no one's forcing us to stay". I feel like we continue to stay because we know what she's capable of and many of us have followed this woman for so long  that to just give up on her because she isn't doing something we like right now wouldn't be an easy thing to do. 

I understand wanting to defend her from any negativity because she truly is a wonderful person but she isn't above criticism or negative comments. 

She isn't above criticism or negative feedback. Perhaps the OP didn't make that clear, but I think we can all agree that constructive criticism in any manner is fine. 

But even with the shady gif/comment thing, we can't just brush that away like, "Oh well, it's going to happen anyways so whatever." I mean, things are gonna be that way if we continue to have a community where instead of having intelligent discussion with each other, we reply with half-assed, not-really-putting-any-effort-into-anything type of responses. 

I think a big reason why people may feel like she's become less "genuine" is on two fronts: #1.) Gaga herself has changed, and that's obvious, but #2.) I think people also have to realize that they've changed as well. When Gaga debuted, we were all much younger (Gaga included) and much more naive. I was in middle school when she first came out, but I didn't really get into her until high school, and I fell in love with her during ARTPOP. I look back on that time with fondness because of my undying love for her, but I also look back on that time and recognize that I didn't fully understand anything. I mean, I actually never knew how bad Gaga was during ARTPOP until much later because I didn't have the foresight to look at it that way. I just saw a powerful woman who loved her art, and I loved that about her.

It's been 10+ years since TF and we all have much more important things going on in our lives than just being a Gaga stan. Perhaps our experiences have molded us in a way that makes us more rigid and less idealistic than we all once were when it came to Gaga. I truly feel like that's the reason why we are so open to criticizing her nowadays. Cause look, Gaga's been criticized since the very beginning, but it's only recently that her own fans criticized her. It's not because it's solely on Gaga, but it's also on the people who grew up and apart from her too. 

🖤👹

8 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

And those people should be ignored. A shady gif or comment should just be ignored or reported if it's that bad. It's going to happen regardless of the situation that a member will just post a shady gif instead of an actual response, that's not new and can't really be changed. That happens in every thread, gaga related or not. 

OP on the other hand is arguing that unless it's positive, it shouldn't even be shared which is completely ridiculous. I've already said it but we're not always going to like what she does. We're not always going to agree with each other BUT we should be allowed to share our opinions. Negative and Positive. 

Personally, I still support her because I've loved her since 2010 and no matter what she does, I still find something enjoyable in it. However, I've become a lot more critical of her because I don't feel like theres the same genuine connection between her and her recent projects. Like I said in another thread, i'm not her so I can't speak for her or anything, just my personally feelings. But you're right with "no one's forcing us to stay". I feel like we continue to stay because we know what she's capable of and many of us have followed this woman for so long  that to just give up on her because she isn't doing something we like right now wouldn't be an easy thing to do. 

I understand wanting to defend her from any negativity because she truly is a wonderful person but she isn't above criticism or negative comments. 

I don't read the OP that way.  I read the OP as a criticism of all the hate Gaga constantly has to endure.  Many people express their opinions about Gaga in a mean way, not as constructive criticism.   I read the OP as addressing the problem that so many people jump at every opportunity to spread negativity about everything Gaga does.   Imo, instead fans should be taking every opportunity to consider that Gaga has reasons for every decision she makes.  She doesn't do things intending to hurt people.  Imo, the OP is giving Gaga the consideration that the decisions she makes are well intended.  I know Gaga's nature is to do what is well intended, and that's more than enough for me. :heart:  There would be no problem if people would express in a nice way what they wish Gaga would do.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Suspiria
36 minutes ago, Ronk said:

Gaga is a person, just like any celebrity is just a person.   Gaga, like anyone else, makes choices and does what she believes is correct at the time.  Some may not like her choices, but everybody doesn't like the same things.  It's time she is treated as a human being and not a machine who has to crank out products upon request.  Gaga has a heart.  Gaga loves, and that's all that matters.  She even loves those who would criticize her.   She leads by example to help make the world a better place.  She sees the best in people.  That's who she is.  I wish people would return the love. 

Yes she is a human being, but she's a human being that's part of a multi-million dollar machine.

She has hundreds of millions of dollars at her personal disposal, is signed to one of the biggest labels earth, has a team of professionals who exclusively work for her, has connections with every major fashion house. She has the power and connections to work with ANYONE she wants to, and the money to hire teams of people to produce as much work as she could ever want.

If Gaga wanted to, she could produce a LOT of high quality content very easily, without actually doing that much work herself. It's not like she is personally sewing her clothes (or even finding the clothes), editing her own videos, composing her own graphic designs. With Chromatica she didn't even produce her own music:toofunny:

As everyone keeps saying, at this point Gaga is more of a business than an artist. Given that she is now delegating more work to others than ever before, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the 'Gaga' factory to churn out more content.

Borislshere
17 hours ago, Ronk said:

I don't read the OP that way.  I read the OP as a criticism of all the hate Gaga constantly has to endure.  Many people express their opinions about Gaga in a mean way, not as constructive criticism.   I read the OP as addressing the problem that so many people jump at every opportunity to spread negativity about everything Gaga does.   Imo, instead fans should be taking every opportunity to consider that Gaga has reasons for every decision she makes.  She doesn't do things intending to hurt people.  Imo, the OP is giving Gaga the consideration that the decisions she makes are well intended.  I know Gaga's nature is to do what is well intended, and that's more than enough for me. :heart:  There would be no problem if people would express in a nice way what they wish Gaga would do.

And I’ve seen it happen so many times where a member will explain how they feel about a Gaga project or what she’s doing in a respectful way (see the other thread made today) and people jump on that user saying that they should just unstan and to stop complaining. It happens on both ends where the negative people can be bitchy and flat out rude and the positive people can also be flat out bitchy and rude. 

but like I said earlier, if it happens, just report the comment and move on. All opinions should be welcomed here 

HausOfAntonio

Seems like so many people dislike Plastic Doll because they know she’s calling them out directly :trollga:

Suspiria
1 hour ago, LittleMonster20 said:

Go stan these other basic girls with their cheap half-assed ‘promo’ if you can’t appreciate Gaga.

Sis how can you preach about how we need to be kind, while in the same post saying this about other singers?:poot:

If you're allowed to say this about other singers, people are allowed to say it about Gaga.

Cello

Anyone getting angry and offended by the lack of Chromatica promo needs to get some air. Does it really matter? 

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

2 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

And I’ve seen it happy so many times where a member will explain how they feel about a Gaga project or what she’s doing in a respectful way (see the other thread made today) and people jump on that user saying that they should just unstan and to stop complaining. It happens on both ends where the negative people can be bitchy and flat out rude and the positive people can also be flat out bitchy and rude. 

but like I said earlier, if it happens, just report the comment and move on. All options should be welcomed here 

I agree.  Being disrespectful and rude is wrong on both sides of the issues.

1 hour ago, Sepsami said:

Speak for yourself lol, she definitely didn't fail me and many others. Maybe some people on here to find another thing to keep them busy in life instead of obsessing over what Gaga is or isn't doing :awkney:

Count me as one that Gaga didn't fail.

2 hours ago, LittleMonster20 said:

SHE ISN’T DOING ANYTHING WRONG.

My thread about appreciating Chromatica era for what it is got more negative reactions than positive. I’ve been accused of being a ‘blind stan’ and I feel like it started all this nonsense today. Don’t you see how ****ed up it is that fans are turning against her?

Gaga released an album and went out of her way to make a video and do a performance for us during a pandemic. It doesn’t matter how much she did; she did something and that’s enough. 

I think it’s also time to accept the fact that Gaga will do more than music. Haus Labs will still be a thing and she will put a lot of attention in it. Other than that she will continue working on movie’s and movements about mental health. Can y’all stop being so childish about it and accept it, and maybe just maybe stand still by how amazing it is she does all of these things.

Also I may be a ‘blind Stan’ but what is honestly wrong with that since I’m appreciating her and being kind to her, unlike you guys acting like a team of managers and using pathetic stan Twitter memes. 
Gaga should have more ‘blind stans’ maybe she’d be better off mentally. 
Go stan these other basic girls with their cheap half-assed ‘promo’ if you can’t appreciate Gaga.

Gaga is a kind person who wants nothing but the best for everyone and especially wants to make music for us. The album is there and so are the visuals; you guys are failing to understand that promo isn’t even necessary anymore. Chromatica is a successful album. With more than 1.000.000 sold and a #1 single and a possible upcoming tour.

Start being more understanding and grateful and if you don’t like it just leave. Good luck trying to find better than her!

Soooo right. Thanx for speaking out about all this negative attitude some fans have. Kindness is still important! 

FFXIV WhiteMage

But this era is :smh:

Though it's understandable because it was delayed due to the pandemic and then coincides with the US election. I believe they are planning to start it late 2019 - early 2020 but Ms. Rona says:

Meme Reaction GIF

Kadikaado

I didn't read the thread, but:

Gaga does whatever she wants to.

BUT

After years far from pop she releases the album her fans wanted from her, the perfect pop album. She shoots 3 videos and do a single performance.

Is that enough? I don't think so.

She can do whatever she wants, but when she releases a project the bar minimum you expect are a handful performances. She sells lots of merch, but doesn't bother promoting? I don't think it's fair to the fans that are giving their money buying albums and merch, giving streams, voting for awards she doesn't bother showing up etc.

That's my opinion.

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

• LittleMonster20 changed the title to I WILL defend what Gaga does: here’s why

Archived