💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I WILL defend what Gaga does: here’s why

LittleMonster20

Featured Posts

Glamourpuss

You're not a blind stan for praising Gaga. You're being the kind of fan she wants you to be because you're considerate of her feelings and who she is as a person. 

I believe that we as fans should be cheerleaders for Gaga and on her side supporting her through everything. We shouldn't be finding faults and looking for things to complain about.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LittleMonster20
Just now, Borislshere said:

Actual hate comments should be taken care of by mods but once again, the entire point if this forum is for people to share their opinions and thoughts on her work and what she's currently doing. Not everything is going to be "YAS GAGA SLAY".  

If you don’t like it you are better off not commenting. We don’t care. There’s no need for expressing your dislike if you can’t even express it nicely.

LittleMonster20
1 minute ago, Glamourpuss said:

You're not a blind stan for praising Gaga. You're being the kind of fan she wants you to be because you're considerate of her feelings and who she is as a person. 

I believe that we as fans should be cheerleaders for Gaga and on her side supporting her through everything. We shouldn't be finding faults and looking for things to complain about.

Thank you so much for getting the point being nice! 

Reality
4 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

yeah, the same pathetic fanbase that's constantly buying her music, makeup, tour tickets, merchandise, anything we can but god forbid we don't like something she does and have an actual opinion. how pathetic of us :cyanlights:

To be fair, a lot of the times it's not having an actual "opinion" anymore. It's just a plethora of shady gifs, passive aggressive reactions, and snarky comments.

I'm totally for having discussions. We're on a forum after all; those should be encouraged. However, most people are simply just not willing to have to have those discussions. I've had my fair share of criticism for some of the stuff Gaga's done too, but I try to make it constructive and in a way that doesn't offend anyone (cause then you just into a shouting match after that, which doesn't help anyone).

But you kinda said it yourself...y'all still buy her music, her make-up, her tour tickets, her merch, etc., etc., etc. I've seen users on here that do nothing but criticize every single thing Gaga does. At some point, if people just continually feel that way, they should just leave. No one is forcing anyone to be here. If they feel like Gaga has changed for the worse, or if they just don't have the same passion as before, they are free to leave and come back anytime they wish. It does get annoying when in every other thread you just have people posting some passive aggressive statement or a shady gif just to get 4 LMAO reactions from people. 

🖤👹

Bambino
15 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Okay, overall, I'm with you, but I seriously don't think we need another thread like this :giveup: 

Nothing personal against you darling but mods should truly ban responses that tell other people merely expressing their thoughts that "we don't need another thread like this." Why? Is the forum running out of space or something? Is the site out of new pages? I don't get it. Everytime someone shares their opinion, there has to be at least one person telling them "oh it's that weekly thread," or "another day, another thread." Not cool.

Reality
1 minute ago, Bambino said:

Nothing personal against you darling but mods should truly ban responses that tell other people merely expressing their thoughts that "we don't need another thread like this." Why? Is the forum running out of space or something? Is the site out of new pages? I don't get it. Everytime someone shares their opinion, there has to be at least one person telling them "oh it's that weekly thread," or "another day, another thread." Not cool.

I don't disagree, but in the past day there's been like 3-4 threads about the same topic.

🖤👹

edengowon

saying 'she made an album and a video and a performance for us!!' is redundant, since it's her job. if she did something EXTRA, i'd agree like gaga radio or the dive bar tour, since they were both extra fun surprises. however, a musician making music and a performer performing is their job.

we are entitled to have an opinion. we are, truthfully, customers. and we have a right to express our opinion. you are being extraordinarily hyperbolic. MOST negative opinions on here are not hateful. if we dont like haus labs... okay? it isn't like we're calling her ugly or making a personal insult, we're discussing her business decisions, as the consumers of that very business.

if we say 'keep your negative opinion to yourself' then we risk becoming a toxic echo chamber where everyone is afraid to speak. y'all say 'leave gaga alone!!!' and then attack dua or ava or another popstar at the soonest occasion. all. popstars. are. open. to. criticism. they. are. public. figures.

the artist formerly known as melancholia

The people excessively criticizing her are blind stans to me... like.. live your life? You are free to dislike things, why the urge to constantly share it? Affirmation? Ok, many people clearly agree, why say it over and over and over? 

I think everyone is thankful and grateful for what we've got. The only thing is people are comparing her to her contemporaries who have had overlapping album campaigns, and they have all put out much more content than what we have had for Chromatica. 

- The Weeknd (4 singles, 6 videos)

- Dua Lipa (6 singles, 6 videos)

- Harry Styles (5 singles, 5 videos)

- Gaga (2 singles, 3 videos)

Again, no one is hating, we just hoped we could get more content to bring to life Chromatica, which to most of us screams visuals :kiss::heart:

Gaga is a person, just like any celebrity is just a person.   Gaga, like anyone else, makes choices and does what she believes is correct at the time.  Some may not like her choices, but everybody doesn't like the same things.  It's time she is treated as a human being and not a machine who has to crank out products upon request.  Gaga has a heart.  Gaga loves, and that's all that matters.  She even loves those who would criticize her.   She leads by example to help make the world a better place.  She sees the best in people.  That's who she is.  I wish people would return the love. 

I live outside the space time continuum.

11 minutes ago, Autumn said:

saying 'she made an album and a video and a performance for us!!' is redundant, since it's her job. if she did something EXTRA, i'd agree like gaga radio or the dive bar tour, since they were both extra fun surprises. however, a musician making music and a performer performing is their job.

we are entitled to have an opinion. we are, truthfully, customers. and we have a right to express our opinion. you are being extraordinarily hyperbolic. MOST negative opinions on here are not hateful. if we dont like haus labs... okay? it isn't like we're calling her ugly or making a personal insult, we're discussing her business decisions, as the consumers of that very business.

if we say 'keep your negative opinion to yourself' then we risk becoming a toxic echo chamber where everyone is afraid to speak. y'all say 'leave gaga alone!!!' and then attack dua or ava or another popstar at the soonest occasion. all. popstars. are. open. to. criticism. they. are. public. figures.

You clearly havent seen the hauslabs threads then also gaga is a human being not your personal entertainment system

MoonIight
5 minutes ago, Autumn said:

Spot on. :golfclap:

Borislshere
1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

To be fair, a lot of the times it's not having an actual "opinion" anymore. It's just a plethora of shady gifs, passive aggressive reactions, and snarky comments.

I'm totally for having discussions. We're on a forum after all; those should be encouraged. However, most people are simply just not willing to have to have those discussions. I've had my fair share of criticism for some of the stuff Gaga's done too, but I try to make it constructive and in a way that doesn't offend anyone (cause then you just into a shouting match after that, which doesn't help anyone).

But you kinda said it yourself...y'all still buy her music, her make-up, her tour tickets, her merch, etc., etc., etc. I've seen users on here that do nothing but criticize every single thing Gaga does. At some point, if people just continually feel that way, they should just leave. No one is forcing anyone to be here. If they feel like Gaga has changed for the worse, or if they just don't have the same passion as before, they are free to leave and come back anytime they wish. It does get annoying when in every other thread you just have people posting some passive aggressive statement or a shady gif just to get 4 LMAO reactions from people. 

And those people should be ignored. A shady gif or comment should just be ignored or reported if it's that bad. It's going to happen regardless of the situation that a member will just post a shady gif instead of an actual response, that's not new and can't really be changed. That happens in every thread, gaga related or not. 

OP on the other hand is arguing that unless it's positive, it shouldn't even be shared which is completely ridiculous. I've already said it but we're not always going to like what she does. We're not always going to agree with each other BUT we should be allowed to share our opinions. Negative and Positive. 

Personally, I still support her because I've loved her since 2010 and no matter what she does, I still find something enjoyable in it. However, I've become a lot more critical of her because I don't feel like theres the same genuine connection between her and her recent projects. Like I said in another thread, i'm not her so I can't speak for her or anything, just my personally feelings. But you're right with "no one's forcing us to stay". I feel like we continue to stay because we know what she's capable of and many of us have followed this woman for so long  that to just give up on her because she isn't doing something we like right now wouldn't be an easy thing to do. 

I understand wanting to defend her from any negativity because she truly is a wonderful person but she isn't above criticism or negative comments. 

30 minutes ago, LittleMonster20 said:

SHE ISN’T DOING ANYTHING WRONG.

My thread about appreciating Chromatica era for what it is got more negative reactions than positive. I’ve been accused of being a ‘blind stan’ and I feel like it started all this nonsense today. Don’t you see how ****ed up it is that fans are turning against her?

Gaga released an album and went out of her way to make a video and do a performance for us during a pandemic. It doesn’t matter how much she did; she did something and that’s enough. 

I think it’s also time to accept the fact that Gaga will do more than music. Haus Labs will still be a thing and she will put a lot of attention in it. Other than that she will continue working on movie’s and movements about mental health. Can y’all stop being so childish about it and accept it, and maybe just maybe stand still by how amazing it is she does all of these things.

Also I may be a ‘blind Stan’ but what is honestly wrong with that since I’m appreciating her and being kind to her, unlike you guys acting like a team of managers and using pathetic stan Twitter memes. 
Gaga should have more ‘blind stans’ maybe she’d be better off mentally. 
Go stan these other basic girls with their cheap half-assed ‘promo’ if you can’t appreciate Gaga.

Gaga is a kind person who wants nothing but the best for everyone and especially wants to make music for us. The album is there and so are the visuals; you guys are failing to understand that promo isn’t even necessary anymore. Chromatica is a successful album. With more than 1.000.000 sold and a #1 single and a possible upcoming tour.

Start being more understanding and grateful and if you don’t like it just leave. Good luck trying to find better than her!

@LittleMonster20 I TOTALLY AGREE, some fans dont reailze, this hurts gaga deeply emotionally, remember that she is making music to HEAL HERSELF EMOTIONALLY, form traumatic experiences, and she doesnt diserev this kind of hatred. She is doing things in order for HER  to heal, so if you dont like the process, and you would like Gaga to just do comercial things, instead of deep and emotional, leave.:pawsup:

Sepsami
22 minutes ago, Nemanja said:

well, she is artist, her job is to entertain us, and she failed on that. 

Some people overreacting but you can find hate everywhere, we don't need to like everything she does.

For me she failed this era, and fans are disappointment because album is very good, maybe even her best.

Speak for yourself lol, she definitely didn't fail me and many others. Maybe some people on here to find another thing to keep them busy in life instead of obsessing over what Gaga is or isn't doing :awkney:

• LittleMonster20 changed the title to I WILL defend what Gaga does: here’s why

Archived