I WILL defend what Gaga does: here’s why

LittleMonster20

Featured Posts

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Justin Drew Bieber
4 hours ago, Nemanja said:

well, she is artist, her job is to entertain us, and she failed on that. 

Some people overreacting but you can find hate everywhere, we don't need to like everything she does.

For me she failed this era, and fans are disappointment because album is very good, maybe even her best.

Yet whenever she sneezes y’all go nuts, seems like she’s entertaining y’all as y’all are still here waiting :billie:

LittleMonster20

I’m honestly kind of done with this discussion. I guess I’m sorry for trying to find the bright side of this era and defending Gaga on a site dedicated to her.

Some of you really need to stand still and hear some of the hurtful things you’re saying. I know that this thread is a bit excessive, but I am not in any way saying to NOT have an opinion: please do. Just state it nicely and please have more understanding for Gaga. Is that so weird in a time where every single day people are pointing out how she has ‘changed’ and are complaining about the lack of promo? The majority of the discussions about Gaga here are negative now and the threads actually talking and discussing her work are ignored. Other than that this site just feels like a Gaga hate site at times.

But knowing this site, all I’ll get on this comment is probably a few LMAO’s, some shady gifs, smartasses and people making fun of me for being ‘obsessed’. I’ve proven my point. 

Suspiria
2 hours ago, Bolkins said:

I think Chromatica was intended to be one final hurrah in what she created during her youth. I think she’s been trying to move on from that phase of her life some time but it’s hard when us fans want to keep her in her 20s forever. I think that ultimately is what some this fan frustration is about, she’s changed because she’s aged. It’s a confronting idea, but it’s out of everyone’s control. 

I think this is a large part of what is causing all the fuss.

People who were fans of 'original' Gaga waited 7 years for this comeback, and a lot of us deep down know she doesn't want to be that kind of artist anymore. So we were all anticipating this to be the big final blowout that would leave us all satisfied before she moves on for good.

So for fans who supported all her post-ARTPOP projects for years despite not actually liking it, in anticipation of this big dance pop comeback, it feels like a bit of a waste of time.

2 hours ago, petararthur said:

You know what? We all have problems. I believe her life is not super easy, but I bet rich people's problems can be solved easier than someone's who does not have power or resources as Gaga OR possibilities. She has so many friends for life, nice family. A lot of people don't have anything that comes close. 

And yes, people change so I get it, don't worry. 

Rich people problems seriously that has nothing to do with this

PxA limited
2 hours ago, Bolkins said:

I’m sure she will still continue to make music and ofc won’t just disappear. What I mean is that it seems to be a hard gig being an ageing pop star, especially a female one. Pop music is mostly listened to by young people, so success largely hangs on needing to appeal to teenagers. I think Katy Perry has struggled with this and that’s why she has career issues rn. Gaga diversified what she does away from pop music and it’s basically saved her career. 

Yes but look at Beyonce for ex. Still slaying. Katy Perry was even pregnent and look what she delivered (career wise:yay:).

It is difficult I agree, but Gaga is not some mediocre act. She has a huge fan base for life.

PxA limited
3 hours ago, Glamourpuss said:

She knows she's privileged and has access to things that most people don't. She gets herself the help she requires. But problems like depression and fibromyalgia can still persist no matter how much money you spend or how many people you have around you lifting you up. There's no miracle cure for these illnesses. 

She has been depressed for years I don't get it. If this life depresses you that much, go away to an island and life your life free of fans and industry. 

But no, girl chooses to stay, do all these endorsments, act in movies, hangs around the industry (instead being with family in NYC) and then complains.

Does she need more money? No way. 

Like Robbie Williams said in Candy: 'if it dont feel good, why are you doing it for?'

LGMonster95
24 minutes ago, petararthur said:

She has been depressed for years I don't get it. If this life depresses you that much, go away to an island and life your life free of fans and industry. 

But no, girl chooses to stay, do all these endorsments, act in movies, hangs around the industry (instead being with family in NYC) and then complains.

Like Robbie Williams said in Candy: 'if it dont feel good, why are you doing it for?'

This is a classic from this fanbase. Looking just for one side of the story and completely ignoring everything else. Gaga is happy overall with her life, most of the time she just wants to explain her struggles because she knows what an inspiration she can be for others and she wants to help via her experience, she just got a lot more courage and learned more stuff to tell her struggles in the past years. She's definitelly not depressed all the time like how some of you think, ofc she has her moments because It's completely understandable especially for an emotional person like her, It's not nice to have PTSD, to have fibromialgya, and fame problems like not being able to do some normal stuff without people recognizing you. She has acknowledged many times how lucky she is for the stuff that she has, she's definitelly not ungrateful or sad with the life that she has

LGMonster95

I honestly think that It's because this fanbase is more out of touch with her and most of the time don't understand a lot of things about her. I honestly don't believe the BS of her not caring about her music anymore, this complain is made completely out of frustration because she didn't promote her music like before. We seriously do have a lot of signs that she in fact does care about her music especially with this era even if the promotion wasn't there like before (Corona happened, plans got cancelled, re-planed and cancelled again literally, this made her label loose some money, time and effort, Gaga probably got tired aswell to see her plans go one after one and most likely decide to just release the album to make us happy). Gaga worked for more than 2 years on this album and you can hear it and see it on its lyrics that it was very well thought, the visuals and concept of this album is like no other, It really does seem like it was put a lot of effort into it, the music videos especially the 911 video which according to her director she was about to pass out on the filmings bc of harsh conditions also really tells that she really DOES care, It's just that too many f*cked up things happened with her promo, with what happened backstage and so on. If she made an album like how Ariana did for example and just go away after that then I 100% would have agreed that she doesn't care that much anymore but that's not the case here. Beside her music, Gaga did so many wonderful things this year to be helpful with, things that this fanbase doesn't even pay attention anymore. This fanbase does feel very shallow sometimes, forgetting that Gaga is not perfect and has her own issues and struggles, forgetting that she's also a human and not just an image for them to play with etc.

Xoxo Adriana

i completely see where you’re coming from and i’m 100% behind you on it, but it’s exhausting having the same topic thread almost every week with the same message/point. it’s not exhausting because i don’t agree with it, but there are so many other types of threads you could make to support gaga ie discussing your positive opinion on an album/song/performance.

nor trying to be rude as your intentions are purely good, but if there’s any excuse trolls are commenting on this post is because they’ve heard the same thing many times. if fans have not gotten the message from the past 100 threads they clearly don’t wanna listen so just focus on being a supportive fan and doing things to help support gaga ie stream/buy her music and so on :heart:

Pennywise
5 hours ago, River said:

Gaga gaga gaga gaga gaga gaga gaga yaaaaaaaaaaaaas gaga gaga gaga

original.gif

really, sometimes this culty behavior is alarming, we are not followers of Gaga, we're simply fans of her music and her work, we can be disappointed, we can express our opinions, this unconditionally blind stanning behavior is dangerous and the main reason for the toxic stans, stan wars and simply robotic people who cares about one human being in an unhealthy obsessive way.

Kinda tiring to see these kind of posts every once in a while that blaming us how bad fans we are and preaching to us how we should change our bad ways, just because we said that the era is disappointing.. google something else, there are other fascinating things to care about in the world (I wanted to say go outside, but covid)

Not the clown noses :cryga:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Pennywise

Grow a backbone, is all I’m gonna say on this topic anymore. 

How do y’all even survive in real life if... “shady gifs and comments about Gaga” hurt you this much I have no idea :poot:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Runway
2 hours ago, petararthur said:

This is so insensitive to artists like Whitney Houston, Robin Williams, Amy Winehouse, Kurt Kobain, Gaga’s own friend Alexander McQueen; and a long etc... is that what you think they should have done? leave their careers and live in a private island? You think that would have made their problems go away ?  Depression haunts you no matter what you do or where you are

This has been discussed endlessly for years on this site.

Some people are here to be “cheerleaders” and yes men, some people are here to critically discuss her work. There isn’t a right or wrong way to be a fan or use this forum. 

Report any post you think is overly disrespectful. It’s that simple. 

• LittleMonster20 changed the title to I WILL defend what Gaga does: here’s why

Archived