💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Anybody who feels this way about Gaga nowadays?

MoonIight

Featured Posts

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bloodyleena

I have a theory that this shift is caused by changing her manager. There is a video of her ex manager talking about how everything was calculated for her since the beginning, especially her relationship with the fans. So i think what we are witnessing is actually just her minus her previous management.

Honey I like Gaga now more than ever, now that she stopped all the unnecessary promo :saladga: Like GIRL, a little bit goes a long way, have some mystery, plz :messga: That said, Rain On Me is top tier Gaga, and the rest idgaf about :huntyga: Chromatica Who?

My ideal Chromatica tracklist:

1. Rain On Me

As long as she releases a super bop every album cycle I could NOT care less

200.gif

On 11/19/2020 at 4:28 PM, Borislshere said:

I'm aware of how depression works which is why I wish she put out music and content reflecting how she truly feels and not try to live up to her past self. I'm not her so I can't speak for her but I don't feel a connection between her and her recent work. 

But Chromatica IS about her pain

Helxig

She's recently spoken about how she looked at herself and said she hates herself. Or more specifically, she hates Lady Gaga. She went from loving the person she was, to hating the life she had created for herself, and the person known worldwide as 'Lady Gaga'. It's what 911 and Fun Tonight are about. She was ready to quit music, she hated looking at her piano and blamed it for ruining herself. She spent years of her life crying every day wanting to die because she felt like she'd ruined her life and the lives of those around her by becoming a star.

You don't go through something like that and continue to be the same person as before. After looking in the mirror and hating the life she's curated, you think the first thought in her mind is "I'm gonna get the best choreographers around and dance my ass off. I'm gonna have the craziest performance that everyone will be talking about"?

I watched a video last night that I'll hyperlink here, by a creativity coach who said that Gaga had lost her sense of purpose/meaning in life, and not only that, what once gave her meaning has now turned on her and hurts her. That she would need to find new ways to find purpose in life. You know what this means guys? The things she used to do and the ways she used to perform and give 100%? They aren't going to work for her any more.

Instead, I believe doing ASIB gave her a new sense of purpose, and I think she's finding meaning in life now in two ways: being an actress, and philanthropic work. Music unfortunately has become less of a priority. Does it suck? Yes. Do I miss the old Gaga who was endlessly passionate about her craft, and willing to die for her work? So much.

But you know what I value more than that? Her happiness. And if being Lady Gaga and tirelessly putting on massive shows, with insane choreography, and having the whole world talking about her makes her cry every day and want to die, then I'd rather her pull back and focus on acting.

I'm just grateful that her friends were able to turn her around, and help her to love making music again. So thank you to Bloodpop and the others who saved 'Lady Gaga'. Without them we wouldn't have Chromatica.  We wouldn't have the wigs and costumes and the 3 collabs and the  VMAs performance and awards sweep. We may not have gotten any more music ever. We may have lost Gaga to suicide. We gotta listen to what she says in interviews and try to see things from her perspective.

We're allowed to feel sad about the changes, but we can't be selfish enough as to expect different of her.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

sarahb
19 hours ago, Helxig said:

We may not have gotten any more music ever. We may have lost Gaga to suicide.

Reading this part was a gut punch but definitely an important reminder

lolitamuse

I think TF & TFM Gaga would look at current Gaga right now and criticize her the way she criticized earlier pop-stars at that time for like lip syncing and not putting in the effort. sorry, but it's true. 

16 hours ago, lolitamuse said:

I think TF & TFM Gaga would look at current Gaga right now and criticize her the way she criticized earlier pop-stars at that time for like lip syncing and not putting in the effort. sorry, but it's true. 

She was a 22 year old fame hungry gal back then, she wanted it all & got it all...that's potentially what's causing the issues now.....

I'm sure Gaga now would have some words to say to TFM Gaga haha

BricksNStrings
On 11/19/2020 at 7:49 AM, Indyl said:

If you're expecting 2008-2012 Gaga, then yeah, I can see how you'd feel this way, especially if you're a long-time fan.

You can also look at it this way – one thing that is ever true about Gaga is that she is still surprising and unpredictable, and maybe you just don't like that.

You expect her to follow up ARTPOP with a more tamed pop album that will hopefully jumpstart her career and get her back on top? She releases Cheek to Cheek and ventures into acting on American Horror Story.

You think she couldn't possibly follow up Cheek to Cheek with anything but a pop album, and what's she release? A country-and-rock tinged effort called Joanne, and still shows she's one of the best live performers alive today at the Super Bowl.

You think MAYBE she'll get around to being a popstar again? Stars and writes in a critically acclaimed film, wins an Oscar, scores another #1 when it looked like that might never happen again.

And so given all that, I can see why following Gaga as a fan can be disorienting – you're really stanning a singer-writer-producer-actor-businesswoman rolled into one and, like Rihanna's activities, that pisses off her original core fans who signed up for a TF/TFM-style popstar.

7 years later, she finally delivered on another pop album, but, like always, it wasn't exactly what you expected. She didn't set out to recreate TF, TFM, or BTW – Chromatica is certainly in its own category of pop record, while also quintessentially Gaga.

You think she'll continue promoting an album during a pandemic and fraught election cycle? Nope, and I kinda love it. I love how little ****s she gives. Bitch is doing what SHE wants to do, and imma support her through every twist and turn.

This is SO on the money. A micro-example is the 911 video coming out of nowhere and being one of her best videos since ARTPOP, shot during the pandemic no less.

I've been a super fan since 2008, and if there is one thing that has always been consistent with Gaga, through all the eras and every single tiny aspect of her career, it's that she's unpredictable. 

The other posts in this thread mentioning how trauma informed her early career and how we unhealthily treat pop stars like our personal Barbie doll saviors are also both on the money...I mean Gaga's said just as much, on Chromatica and elsewhere.

Take early career Gaga at her word: "People take me too seriously and not seriously enough." Honestly, fans shouldn't take broad things like "her career" or "her passion" and those kind of things too seriously. We have no idea what's truly going on behind the scenes - only what she tells us. There is a good chance she thought Chromatica was a masterpiece. It's also possible she thought "ah, this will do." She would never say the latter was true, even if it was, and there's a big chance she might not even be aware that it's true. As an artist, it's hard to honestly know what you think of your work til it's been out there for a while.

Regardless, it seems to me Gaga genuinely loved and believed in Chromatica, so I take her at her word that she did, and I love it myself. But it's foolish to make broad statements about what the album does or doesn't mean to her when we will never know - all we can know is what we think, and what she says she thinks.

Enjoy Gaga's music and heap it with praise, or dislike it and criticize it, but I think it's unhealthy to assign a thought process to it when there are so many factors at play, least of all that art changes meaning as time goes on - especially for the artist. But if anything, do NOT expect Chromatica 2, The Fame 2, Joanne 2, Born This Way 2, or for her to perform, sound, or look like some past version of herself. You will always, always be disappointed - and this is true of following any artist. People change. Gaga will continue to grow and change forever, as will your opinion of her and the public's opinion of her. Expect the unexpected.

42 minutes ago, BricksNStrings said:

This is SO on the money. A micro-example is the 911 video coming out of nowhere and being one of her best videos since ARTPOP, shot during the pandemic no less.

I've been a super fan since 2008, and if there is one thing that has always been consistent with Gaga, through all the eras and every single tiny aspect of her career, it's that she's unpredictable. 

The other posts in this thread mentioning how trauma informed her early career and how we unhealthily treat pop stars like our personal Barbie doll saviors are also both on the money...I mean Gaga's said just as much, on Chromatica and elsewhere.

Take early career Gaga at her word: "People take me too seriously and not seriously enough." Honestly, fans shouldn't take broad things like "her career" or "her passion" and those kind of things too seriously. We have no idea what's truly going on behind the scenes - only what she tells us. There is a good chance she thought Chromatica was a masterpiece. It's also possible she thought "ah, this will do." She would never say the latter was true, even if it was, and there's a big chance she might not even be aware that it's true. As an artist, it's hard to honestly know what you think of your work til it's been out there for a while.

Regardless, it seems to me Gaga genuinely loved and believed in Chromatica, so I take her at her word that she did, and I love it myself. But it's foolish to make broad statements about what the album does or doesn't mean to her when we will never know - all we can know is what we think, and what she says she thinks.

Enjoy Gaga's music and heap it with praise, or dislike it and criticize it, but I think it's unhealthy to assign a thought process to it when there are so many factors at play, least of all that art changes meaning as time goes on - especially for the artist. But if anything, do NOT expect Chromatica 2, The Fame 2, Joanne 2, Born This Way 2, or for her to perform, sound, or look like some past version of herself. You will always, always be disappointed - and this is true of following any artist. People change. Gaga will continue to grow and change forever, as will your opinion of her and the public's opinion of her. Expect the unexpected.

I totally agreed with this. In the end she is a professional artist, if she believes in a vision that she may have promised or started, sometimes she does not have to continue with it because maybe it doesn’t meet her standards (Seeing her over the years drove me to this conclusion). For example, I would love for more MVs or a live concert like everyone else but if this doesn’t meet her standards then she will probably not do it.

On the other hand, she is being so distant from the fans and the public like never before. Even on the Paper Magazine party, she barely interacted or was there. Something like what Katy did before releasing Smile or even Gaga radio could have been interactive with fans (she could have asked for Qs before the radio and she could have talked about them)

I know she is probably going through a tough time mentally and she said she doesn’t go on the internet often because of the negativity, this is something she can somehow manage and find a way to interact with fans on a basic level. This has always been her even through her toughest times, it only changed after ASIB. I hope it is not the Hollywood Stardom getting to her  

COME ON GAYS!!

Archived