💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Anybody who feels this way about Gaga nowadays?

MoonIight

Featured Posts

DoremonLove
Just now, Blastertoyo said:

Right, but you quoted me. I did not say that so 

Told You So Shrug GIF

U came with your " she was nominated for acting":ladyhaha: dear pls u look lost. 

How can anoyone not love gaga

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blastertoyo
Just now, DoremonLove said:

U came with your " she was nominated for acting":ladyhaha: dear pls u look lost. 

How am I lost for stating facts? 

please enlighten me to death

MoonIight
2 minutes ago, DoremonLove said:

Why shuld i leave this thread . Arent u guys crying its a public forum to DISCUSS. Im here to discuss. It doesnt make sense to u bcoz u are sitting and whinning abt someones career like a coach and know it all. 

It IS serious when u come with ur negativity to talk abt a well achieved person and how they shuld look and sound. When gaga has got so much of acclaim on her talent. Asking me to leave the thread ppl like u shuld leave this forum and most imp leave gaga alone. Dont like. Move on to other artists.

Who said I was talking ab how she sould look and sound sir now you're just pushing it :awkney: All I did was comment about my thoughts on her as an artist and if you didn't like what you read you could've just left but you clearly didn't so... :awkney:

Also there's no much to talk about :wtfga:

Since we only have one performance from the era :messga:

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

DoremonLove
Just now, MoonIight said:

Who said I was talking ab how she sould look and sound sir now you're just pushing it :awkney: All I did was comment about my thoughts on her as an artist and if you didn't like what you read you could've just left but you clearly didn't so... :awkney:

Read ur post again. The comments on her hand mocements voice and blah blah list goes on. Oh u want me to leave if i didnt like somethign. I want u to leave gaga alone if u dont like something. But did u do that no. You sat and wrote ur hatefull comments. Thn be ready to deal the comments on u now.

How can anoyone not love gaga

Contessa
3 minutes ago, Suuus said:

Im sorry but i disagree with everything you said everything gaga has done is not half assed and you cant exspect to have a civil conversation after you litteraly bashed everything gaga has done maybe its time for you to stan a different artist because you sound like a hater and you clearly dont like gaga anymore 

So then it wasn’t just me ok good. :spin:

Sarah H
13 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

I think it's really unfair to be critical of how she's been over these last 5 years when it's the last 5 years she's opened up to us about how she feels. The new album explains alot about how her mind works and what she goes through with ptsd and other symptoms. 

Just this year she explained how the record only got made because Bloodpop gave her the encouragement she needed to write and sing about how she feels. She was suicidal!

Of course I can see the changes in her and I miss the old Gaga too but I think backing off and not piling on the pressure is the kindest thing we can do if we want her to come back feeling her best. She has traumatic memories on replay that make her not know what to do and she looks in the mirror berating herself for not being the person she knows she can be. She's not feeling like she can be that person for us so we need to give her a break and let her heal so she can find that part of herself again if we want her to return. 

Listen to 1000 Doves because she's telling you what she needs from you. 

All of this. 

I really don't think she deserves such harsh critique, especially from her own fans. There's a real lack of understanding from some people about the issues she deals with and how that affects her. 

I hope she never reads threads like this. 

Reality

This conversation happens every year. Like, I'm sorry, but I don't see what's different now than when people were literally having this conversation in 2016/2017 after Joanne. 

I think it's kinda insulting to say that she did 911 "only for the money" because of the sponsporship. The sponsorship helped, obviously, but the video itself was one of her most personal and interesting videos in a very long time. Okay, and she gets some money while she does it...That doesn't change the fact that it's, artistically, a very well made video. 

I will say that I can understand the "caricature" argument you're making. But maybe that's also this innate, social stigma we have against women maturing and growing up that makes us think that way. People want her to go back to TFM, and BTW, but when she does do that with something like Chromatica, a lot of the times, people think it's "cringey." 

Either way, this conversation will be brought back with every new album. Cause let's be honest here: for a good majority of the fan base, nothing will ever top TFM and BTW. Many people were younger by then and were starstruck with a persona like Gaga. Maybe it's cause y'all grew up and had to focus on more real-life issues rather than "Lady Gaga" or whatever, but nostalgia plays such a huge role to why people feel like Gaga "isn't the same" as she was back then. That and the fact that she is changing as an artist and as an individual. I think as fans, we should help promote that kind of change. 

🖤👹

Bloody Matt
5 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

This conversation happens every year. Like, I'm sorry, but I don't see what's different now than when people were literally having this conversation in 2016/2017 after Joanne. 

Or in 2014 after ARTPOP, or in 2012 after BTW. 

Glamourpuss

Please stop the arguments because they are derailing the thread and it's gone on for too many pages now. 

DirrtyPony

I agree to an extent. She only loses me a little when she’s speaking live. Like you said, she comes across as a caricature of Gaga. (The recent controversial video of her in camo with the beer comes to mind :bear:)

I don’t hold it against her and still consider her one of the Greats. But yeah, I find myself cringing a little more than I used to.

Strung out for another taste

Esteban

I'm here for Gaga the performer, the musician, the avant garde artist, the crazy concept maker... Not for Gaga the make up artist, the advertiser and politician.
I love the girl who screamed " I don't want your money don't give it to me" at her concerts, sang "Music not the bling"... So it's difficult for me to enjoy her artistry now and I'm sad about it because I loved her so much and I can't help but hope she will love making music and perform like before...
So I understand your point, of course she made commercial deals before but it was always in order to give us amazing performances, visuals and mv's, she invested her money in her craft and that's obviosly not the case anymore. 
And even her vocal performances aren't pleasant to listen to nowadays, she seems less genuine in her interpretations, push too much on her voice, can't control her breath..
In my opinion, at this stage, make a visual album for Chromatica was the best idea. It was the solution to give us a qualitative content and show us her acting skills. 
So yes I'm really disapointed by her career now,but maybe the next era will be good, I hope she'll recover her artistic spark :excited2:

Well.. for one thing I wouldn't expect her to stay the way she is now forever, so I wouldn't be judging the rest of her career on how it's going right at this moment.

For the other parts of what you said, I think in a way yes, she lost her connection with her art and with her fans for a while there because of her depression. She has basically said as much but you have to listen to what she's saying! I think now she is trying to get that connection back, but she has to figure out how to do it with chronic pain and medications that she wasn't on before. And maybe she's still trying to figure out what she wants. Maybe she's in a transitional time.

Have a look at her Instagram post from September 18 after 911 mv dropped and she's thanking everybody. At the end she says:

"Finally, thank you little monsters. I'm awake now, I can see you, I can feel you, thank you for believing in me when I was very afraid"

For a while she could not feel our love, and I guess that she could not feel a lot of things. But she's saying that she still needs us to believe in her :heart:

3 minutes ago, Esteban said:

I'm here for Gaga the performer, the musician, the avant garde artist, the crazy concept maker... Not for Gaga the make up artist, the advertiser and politician.
I love the girl who screamed " I don't want your money don't give it to me" at her concerts, sang "Music not the bling"... So it's difficult for me to enjoy her artistry now and I'm sad about it because I loved her so much and I can't help but hope she will love making music and perform like before...
So I understand your point, of course she made commercial deals before but it was always in order to give us amazing performances, visuals and mv's, she invested her money in her craft and that's obviosly not the case anymore. 
And even her vocal performances aren't pleasant to listen to nowadayw, she seems less genuine in her interpretations, push too much on her voice, can't control her breath..
In my opinion, at this stage, make a visual album for Chromatica was the best idea. It was the solution to give us a qualitative content and show us her acting skills. 
So yes I'm really disapointed by her career now,but maybe the next era will be good, I hope she'll recover her artistic spark :excited2:

Do you know what I think actually? I think she's doing all this advertising etc. cause she can't make enough money through her music right now (not being able to tour etc.). So she is reaching for other ways of making money. After all, she's got a lot of people behind her that need to get payed. 

Borislshere

I feel like she doesn't know how to be gaga anymore. I get that we've had moments with "crazy-ga" but it doesn't have that same passion, to me at least. Enigma was where it was truly evident to me that she no longer knows how to do "gaga". IT felt, like another user mentioned, like a parody of herself. Chromatica feels like she forced herself to put out music that she thinks we'd like. Not music or a concept that she's 100% behind. 

Idk what's going on with her and I have/will always support this woman through her endeavors because a talent like hers is extremely rare. Just don't feel that same connection with her recent work like i used to. 

Archived