💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Anybody who feels this way about Gaga nowadays?

MoonIight

Featured Posts

MoonIight

Ok so hear me out, I am in no means trying to drag or insult Gaga or her team but I just have to get this feeling out of my chest that I've had for a very long time.

Has anybody noticed that she's not the same person she was up until 2014/15? And no, before the "she's human, she's bound to grow up" comments start flooding in, I don't mean it in that way, but her musical and artistic side (and even as a performance artist since 2018). I don't know if it's the depression or the chronic pain but somehow she always manages to make everything she does half-a$$ed or not good enough. Her vocals and performance tactics are literally getting worse and worse each day, the choreography is not good. It's almost like she doesn't care at all anymore.

Now I know, everybody has their off days for sure, but you can't have off days literally every single day for the past 3/4 years. The normal fan could see that she's lost her passion for music as well. When I was watching the 911 behind the scenes video yesterday, the first thought that came into my mind was the LG sponsorship and how I think she only did the video for the money she'd get off it. And it got me thinking how the 2008-2014/15 music not the bling persona literally contradicts the Gaga we have now.

Personally, I feel really sad and let down by how she could've been the next Madonna in terms of artistry and commiting 100% for nearly everything she does. Like just compare her early performances/outfits/speeches... Nowadays she acts like a Lady Gaga caricature, the over the top hand movements, hard breathing.. She used to be more artistic and passionate for anything she did, she had new arrangements, concepts for each performance of the same song etc... and mind you she had less money than she does now, so when you compare them side by side you can literally feel the careless "behavior" in a way. A shame cuz Gaga's talent was out of this world. Rant over :selena:

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely. But what can we do? We can only empathise that she’s just probably not in the state of mind as before and that she wants to do what she wants (which is nothing). :ladyhaha:

that’s why I’m hoping her passion projects like the Gucci movie will serve because I’m no longer that interested in her music and visuals...

xoxo Craig
4 minutes ago, MoonIight said:

Ok so hear me out, I am in no means trying to drag or insult Gaga or her team but I just have to get this feeling out of my chest that I've had for a very long time.

Has anybody noticed that she's not the same person she was up until 2014/15? And no, before the "she's human, she's bound to grow up" comments start flooding in, I don't mean it in that way, but her musical and artistic side (and even as a performance artist since 2018). I don't know if it's the depression or the chronic pain but somehow she always manages to make everything she does half-a$$ed or not good enough. Her vocals and performance tactics are literally getting worse and worse each day, the choreography is not good. It's almost like she doesn't care at all anymore.

Now I know, everybody has their off days for sure, but you can't have off days literally every single day for the past 3/4 years. The normal fan could see that she's lost her passion for music as well. When I was watching the 911 behind the scenes video yesterday, the first thought that came into my mind was the LG sponsorship and how I think she only did the video for the money she'd get off it. And it got me thinking how the 2008-2014/15 music not the bling persona literally contradicts the Gaga we have now.

Personally, I feel really sad and let down by how she could've been the next Madonna in terms of artistry and commiting 100% for nearly everything she does. Like just compare her early performances/outfits/speeches... Nowadays she acts like a Lady Gaga caricature, the over the top hand movements, hard breathing.. She used to be more artistic and passionate for anything she did, she had new arrangements, concepts for each performance of the same song etc... and mind you she had less money than she does now, so when you compare them side by side you can literally feel the careless "behavior" in a way. A shame cuz Gaga's talent was out of this world. Rant over :selena:

Stopped reading here. 

End Racism Now

MoonIight
6 minutes ago, Aloe said:

Absolutely. But what can we do? We can only empathise that she’s just probably not in the state of mind as before and that she wants to do what she wants (which is nothing). :ladyhaha:

that’s why I’m hoping her passion projects like the Gucci movie will serve because I’m no longer that interested in her music and visuals...

Exactly. Honestly, I'd rather her stopped making music and focus on doing what she loves (which clearly activism and movies) than to continue making a "fool of herself" y'know what I mean? :selena:

5 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Stopped reading here. 

Ok thank u for your input :bear:

Justin Drew Bieber

To your first paragraph, I think it’s just her meds.

You use the word literally too much, she wasn’t literally having an off day everyday for years.

The choreo isn’t good in your opinion, I think ROM’s choreo was great, same with Stupid Love.

“The next Madonna” she’s 12 years into her career and has already achieved so much and broke into the acting business successfully.

Why would she do a video for 911 only to get money out of it? Do you want her to fund all the videos herself.. :rip: It feels like whenever she makes videos we complain, when she doesn’t we complain. She gives us the best video in recent years and all we think about is sponsorships and her getting paid? :rip:

Just because we don’t have constant ~lewKs and spiLls~ throughout the week doesn’t mean she didn’t serve, Chromatica is one of her best albums. The music actually speaks for itself.

xoxo Craig

You sound like someone who has probably just moved on from Gaga, which is fine. As we grow older, the things we like change. 

Watching someone like Gaga achieve so much so quickly as you were growing up as a child would be magical. Going to school with people talking about the same artist you like. It's quite inspiring. 

But as we grow up, we start to realise that it wasn't magical but it was inevitable. Her talent, her persona, her wit, her grit and determination, everything that makes Gaga 'gaga'... it was bound to happen at some point. Someone who is as crazy talented as Gaga won't go by the wayside. Listening to how she got where she is, you realise that through hard work anything is possible. A woman that was magical suddenly became less magical. 

It's absolutely wrong to say Gaga does things half-arsed or that her vocal talent is declining because that's simply not true. Nothing Gaga has ever done been half arsed (except for most of the Joanne era). She is literally the same woman who came out with The Fame, The Fame Monster, BTW, and ARTPOP. She is still as daring as back then, her vocals have improved dramatically, her performances have gotten better too, her visuals are still as captivating as ever.

Its fine if you don't like her as much, but that doesn't mean that she's lost her spark - cause, man, she's still shining 12 years on

End Racism Now

Babylon98

I feel like the early signs where the MR music video... then came Enigma in which she plays a parody of Lady Gaga, and she seems to be doing that throughout Chromatica (VMA performance + Stupid Love) even though it served two amazing videos (ROM and 911). I think she is not comfortable being a public figure in a way. She just wants to give her art to the world, collect her check and peace out. 

She definitely has the right to live her life however she wants but I can't help but being underwhelmed by her as an artist lately. However Chromatica is still a good album, so who knows maybe next era she'll come back in full force or something. Might as well expect nothing though. I guess maybe she could stop being a popstar a start doing music in other genres if that makes more sense to her creatively. I would definitely be here for it.

Bottom line is we don't know what's going on with her life and why things are happening the way they are but nonetheless it does feel like she has less passion for being a pop star than ever, having transferred her passion into other ventures (such as advocating, make-up, acting). But the Lady Gaga that took herself serious as a popstar seems to be dormant at least. Maybe she doesn't want anymore fame. It's all really confusing. 

Guest WhoDoWeHaveHere

weird theory: I think so much of early gaga was rooted in her trauma and pain. the shock value. the dark asthetics. the certain it. that nothing to lose mentality. and we interpreted it as charisma because it was something beyond grasp. the more she works through it the less artisticly interesting she becomes. but the happier she gets. so that's all that counts. i want her to be happy. her old work will never be lost. 
and i think rain on me and 911 are genius. they just feel different.

xoxo Craig

Is this outrage because she isn't promoting Chromatica? Like show us examples of what you mean. Idk about you, but this was certainly not half-arsed or lacking vocal talent or performance:

End Racism Now

RAMROD

I mean, yeah, kinda :giggle:

She probably tired with the fanbase and not the art itself though. 

Like, from someone who enjoy and love attention, outpouring love, and paparazzis turning 180 into someone who grief about having a selfie with a fan is a huge leap. :giggle:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

MoonIight
3 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Is this outrage because she isn't promoting Chromatica? Like show us examples of what you mean. Idk about you, but this was certainly not half-arsed or lacking vocal talent or performance:

That was exactly what I meant. The cringy acting, out of breath vocals (which were completely not the case with her til 2016), the messy production, which she's never had in her early days, the bad choreography... I could go on and on but let's just be glad we got that perf from this era d :selena:

HausOfAntonio
10 minutes ago, WhoDoWeHaveHere said:

weird theory: I think so much of early gaga was rooted in her trauma and pain. the shock value. the dark asthetics. the certain it. that nothing to lose mentality. and we interpreted it as charisma because it was something beyond grasp. the more she works through it the less artisticly interesting she becomes. but the happier she gets. so that's all that counts. i want her to be happy. her old work will never be lost. 
and i think rain on me is genius 

THIS! People need to stop glorifying her personality during a time where she wasn’t getting the help she needed to deal with her psychological issues.

And her vocals not being as good as before... girl have we been stanning the same person? :laughga:

42 minutes ago, MoonIight said:

the choreography is not good

@ricchy :billie:

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

Blastertoyo
15 minutes ago, WhoDoWeHaveHere said:

I kinda get what you mean, it’s possible, since all of her work up until Joanne was her actually liberating herself and others as a result of her desperate attempts and desire to shed herself from her past trauma and break through, reborn if you will.

after she successfully did so, not only in her career status and image with Cheek To Cheek and climbing back up the stairs of stardom in the most classic way she say when she was a child (potentially at 13:huntyga: singing jazz) and the endless validation she received from Tony.

Through Joanne and till now, we’re kind of seeing Gaga almost lay her issues in front of her and try to actively channel them much more than she used to because she’s so used to her art being a form of liberation that once she had everything she could ever hope for 5 times over, what more could she fix and want? Hmmmm her dad? Joanne’s legacy? “What if I play a struggling girl who becomes a pop star? I could open up about mental health and my own experience with it? The world is crumbling apart socially and politically, let’s channel that”

believe me when I say I mean this in the most respectful way possible and I am simply interpreting and speculating as we all are... but I believe that Gaga is just overthinking her work too much, she’s questioning too much, more importantly she’s being too active in her creative process. One does not simply say “I’m going to write a pop song now” and does it, it’s almost to her detriment now that there’s teams of people there to help her even if she might not actually be ready to write something. This could be a big reason why we feel she sounds like a passive force in some of her new projects and why she talks about it that way, she has X Y and Z holding her hand through her own art when up until ARTPOP, you could always tell Gaga was the captain of the ship. Gaga seems now to be much more focused on what and who her art is serving rather than how it’s expressing how she feels and working as an outlet for her.  

please enlighten me to death

HausOfAntonio
1 minute ago, MoonIight said:

That was exactly what I meant. The cringy acting, out of breath vocals (which were completely not the case with her til 2016), the messy production, which she's never had in her early days, the bad choreography... I could go on and on but let's just be glad we got that perf from this era d :selena:

She was literally the ambassador for the Camp Met Gala... you just don’t seem to appreciate aesthetics which don’t take themselves seriously and actually revel in parody and the ridiculous (which is imo the most interesting aspect of Gaga’s work)

Archived