Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Anybody who feels this way about Gaga nowadays?

MoonIight

Featured Posts

Karen Smith
2 hours ago, MoonIight said:

Thank u to @Enzo @Blastertoyo @Enzo and @Little99 for being civilized and not making it like I made this thread to just be negative when I only wanted to have a normal conversation. :heart:

With pleasure. I always like it when someone has different opinion and doesn't afraid to share it. 

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LuckyCharm

In the CBS interview she said she became severely depressed after Joanne. She at one point hated being Lady Gaga, that she could’ve done without the last two, three years. That people lived in the house with her because they were scared she would harm herself. That woman went through mental hell during that time and she’s fighting her way out of it. About 911 she said it was once real life, is now the past and it’s a poetry of pain. I think Chromatica was one big therapy session for her. I don’t know about some of you but I understand her better after Chromatica. And I get sick of people comparing the 2010’s Gaga to the Gaga we have now. You can’t go through all the things she been through and come out the same. She disconnected for awhile. She needed to. Now she’s saying she’s awake now. Yes the VMA’ performance wasn’t perfect but it wasn’t imperfect either. You have to remember she hadn’t performed in a while and she was wearing a mask that had a mic inside of it so of course it was going to pick up her heavy breathing. 

This is just my two cents 

All I'm gonna say is I think it's weird as **** that people want the Gaga who hadn't yet processed trauma, constantly on hard drugs and suffering from ED back

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

BgRaEgTaT

In my eyes it seems so obvious that Gaga’s main priority now is really just making money. 
It’s pretty much that simple. The 911 video was a pleasant surprise but basically everything else she does in regards to her music/pop career feels like a cash grab at this point...maybe she wants to go into acting and make that her main gig? 
As for the VMA performance, I enjoyed it when it happened but it hasn’t aged well and really has no replay value...not even remotely on the same level as her previous vma performances...where is the concept, the statement? What she could’ve done was basically a live version of the 911 music video. It could’ve been reminiscent of Madonna’s VMA performance of Vogue or something. More of a “performance art” thing. Instead we basically got enigma Gaga being a little cheesy..

idk there’s a lot more to discuss but I really do agree with the OP in the sense that she is not the same at all nowadays...but also you have to realize NO one keeps that stuff up forever...Unless you’re Madonna in which case people then make fun of you or dismiss you for being “too old” to do that stuff. There’s no winning really 

Your attitude seems very aggressive about Gaga not living up to whatever expectations you created in your head for her. She's going to do what she feels is best, and if you look at JUST the 911 music video and say that she's half-assing things and doesn't have the passion anymore, its clear that your interest in her and her artistry just aren't in sync. It's pretty mean of you to say these things about her: she just made an album about how she's objectified by the media and her fans. Here you are, proving her point.

Here's what I think. At the beginning of her career she used to say "I would die for my art! I would die for my fans!" and I think she kind of actually meant it literally. She was in a bad place mentally, trying to run from trauma and ignore and bury it. I remember her saying at one point she fully expected to die young.

But then she actually almost did die. Drugs, suicidal thoughts, chronic pain, psychotic break. And in the end she got help and realized, ****, no, I actually don't want to die for my art or for anyone else. She still cares about her career and music and fans, but in a much healthier way.

But some fans still want here out there beating herself into the ground for our entertainment. And it's time to let that go. She will never be the same as before, her eras will never be the same as the early days, and if you can't handle that without melting down then become a casual fan 

1 hour ago, Esteban said:

I'm here for Gaga the performer, the musician, the avant garde artist, the crazy concept maker... Not for Gaga the make up artist, the advertiser and politician.
I love the girl who screamed " I don't want your money don't give it to me" at her concerts, sang "Music not the bling"... So it's difficult for me to enjoy her artistry now and I'm sad about it because I loved her so much and I can't help but hope she will love making music and perform like before...
So I understand your point, of course she made commercial deals before but it was always in order to give us amazing performances, visuals and mv's, she invested her money in her craft and that's obviosly not the case anymore. 
And even her vocal performances aren't pleasant to listen to nowadays, she seems less genuine in her interpretations, push too much on her voice, can't control her breath..
In my opinion, at this stage, make a visual album for Chromatica was the best idea. It was the solution to give us a qualitative content and show us her acting skills. 
So yes I'm really disapointed by her career now,but maybe the next era will be good, I hope she'll recover her artistic spark :excited2:

Gaga litteraly said in a interview that she cant stop making music so dont worry about that 

giskardsb

Personally I think Gaga should just quit the pop industry and let her inner singer/songwriter out.  She doesn't need the money, and the pop industry has too much baggage and people are never satisfied.  She is not just a pop star anymore, she should do music on her own schedule and her own terms intermixed with acting, theater, or whatever else she wants to do.   She might have to buy out her Interscope contract to have that much freedom but it would be worth it.  Her ASIB work was some of her best ever ( Allypop songs excluded) and exploring that direction further would suit her well.

JustTea

ROM had amazing visuals and choreo! :grr:

911 MV is great and SL was cool but a bit boring +doesn't really have a replay value much. Only thing that bothers me about her nowadays is that she COULD give us a visual album with 10 videos IF she wanted to. Also she could have outsold (stadium) tour dates in every single country of Europe... :nails: Last time she came to Finland was 2012.

Animated GIF

JohnnyVersace
4 hours ago, MoonIight said:

Now I know, everybody has their off days for sure, but you can't have off days literally every single day for the past 3/4 years.

Oh silly me, I didn't realize that she was having "days off" when performing at the Super Bowl, Enigma/J&P, multiple award shows, Coachella, making ASIB and Chromatica, and releasing 3 incredible videos in 2020. 

:huntyga:

I think she doesn't know how to act as Lady Gaga any more tbh.

She kinda admitted it herself in 5 foot 2...

Look, if there was a "perfect" Lady Gaga once the first 5 years of her career that was because she was younger and she was just starting her career

If you pay attention to her early interviews she WAS also hard breathing and having a bad time answering the questions, but she just managed to keep those things unnoticed behind all the crazy makeup and constumes. She was demanding too much of herself to not let her fans down. But that wouldn't last so long since that was obviously affecting her mental health (2013 ARTPOP era mess). Now she's obviously giving herself a breath, taking care of her mental health, choosing what projects she really wants to prioritize over other projects, EATING what she wants. In short, the last thing she's gotta do is to end up being one of those hollywood artist who commits suicide bc of an unhappy life. You must take all this into consideration before jumping to conclusions. 

ProdigyARTPOP

The only issue with Gaga is that there’s always this line that she teeter toters on where she wants to do whatever she wants and the Gaga who used to dress in meat 24/7, she now seems to come of as if she thinks that’s all people expect/want from her. 

a polished vocal Gaga mixed in with pieces/parts of old Gaga. 

4 hours ago, xoxo Craig said:

Is this outrage because she isn't promoting Chromatica? Like show us examples of what you mean. Idk about you, but this was certainly not half-arsed or lacking vocal talent or performance:

Gurl, you compare that with ANY of her BTW performances and you can see the difference in energy.

Archived