💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Anybody who feels this way about Gaga nowadays?

MoonIight

Featured Posts

Bella Goth

okay hear me out, she's human being and she's changing. she even said her biggest enemy is lady gaga. her biggest enemy is her persona. lady gaga is her and she's lady gaga. i know shes also battle for her image at the very first time, imagine she put album about celebrating yourself and being free (born this way) but shes also battle for her image and fame and herself identity during that time. being the face of rebels but shes also a fragile person. of course she will not put her energy full force to her music.

she has many things to do. her brand, her charity, her music, her passion, her struggle, her voice, her dream. shes not just about a singer or your popstar. 

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, HausOfAntonio said:

She's still relatively early into her career guys, shes made 6 albums, Rihanna made made 9 and we know she still has a lot more to give and do musically. It's like you guys think shes over now, like this is as good as its going to get. I still believe in her and appriciate what we get, its still ****ing good, just stop holding her to SUCH a high set of standards and enjoy the serve.

Haus labs is a business for her makeup artist who she loves and its Sarah's life now, so yes, she endorses the **** out of it and making money wont be the main reason for it, and I really do believe that. I wish she post equally about her music as she does for that though, I wont lie. Also that ****ing Biden video made so many fans want to die inside I'm not going to even pretend that was the beginning of this huge turn thats happening. But she'll amend herself, I know it.

LG7 era pending lol

FrederickSpears

Sounds to me like you are just not much of a fan anymore, if you ever really were. It's ok to move on. I think she's still incredible and still gives her all. We are in the middle of a pandemic so promo wasn't great, but when she performed at the VMA's she was amazing as she has always been. I also think maybe she wants to focus more on movies and acting. Nothing wrong. She's still one of my favorite artists and people.

HausOfAntonio
4 hours ago, Nayru said:

!!!

YES, exactly! It feels good to know that other people felt this visceral shift in her demeanor and/or her attitude towards performing during this time as well. I remember watching the Enigma live stream and feeling completely alienated  — this gut feeling as though she was mocking the audience for liking her past body of work took root inside of me. Even though, I had kind of lost interest in some of her music and artistic choices, I had never felt second-hand embarrassment watching her perform up until that point. 

During this time, she was serving more of: 'You took my performance art seriously? You liked and took comfort in my inspirational mid-concert speeches? Good for you, but I don't really care. All of this is contrived BS, anway. Now hand me my check,' and less of "Pop music will never be low brow.".

The silver-lining to me though?! —The release of the 911 music video. Yes, OP might feel it's just an ad for LG but I could finally see some of that spark and attention to detail that I admired so much about her in the past. So I'm kind of optimistic that Gaga will still deliver material that will catch my interest again.

And if that doesn't turn out to be the case, well, there are tons of upcoming, powerful female artists who are absolutely killing it for me these days: Rina Sawayama (released one of the best pop albums of the year with SAWAYAMA), Chloe X Halle (insane live performances, Ungodly Hour is a smasha), Doja Cat (the music bops, she owns the stage, messy personality/weird pr tactics though), Megan Thee Stallion etc. ... I could keep going but you know what I'm getting at. Hell, even Adele is supposed to come back soon, and even if that's not your cup of tea, I, for one can say, that I'm well fed these days  :queenga:

Enigma is SUPPOSED to be a camp, over the top, ridiculous performance of Lady Gaga as “Lady Gaga”. It IS a parody. Thats the point of it. Sadly many people don’t catch the nuance. Gaga is enough of an intellectual and well versed enough in performance art theory to know that there is nothing serious about it, and thats when it gets good. She just grew up and shed that pretentious seriousness with which she carried herself early on. 

To an extent, I agree.

Not that it's necessarily a bad thing- objectively, she's still a perfectly fine artist. I think her motivations have changed, and so have many of us and our interests, which may or may not cross with Gaga anymore.

It's unfortunate, but it happens, and it's life.

3 points in and ready for more

16 hours ago, WhoDoWeHaveHere said:

weird theory: I think so much of early gaga was rooted in her trauma and pain. the shock value. the dark asthetics. the certain it. that nothing to lose mentality. and we interpreted it as charisma because it was something beyond grasp. the more she works through it the less artisticly interesting she becomes. but the happier she gets. so that's all that counts. i want her to be happy. her old work will never be lost. 
and i think rain on me and 911 are genius. they just feel different.

I don't want to falsely psychoanalyze Gaga, but I definitely resonate with this.

Her work has slowly become less and less interesting to me (there are definite exceptions, as I think 911 is a masterpiece), but seeing her at least openly state that she is in a better place in life makes me happy. Even if I move on from being a fan of her work, it does warm me to hear that she is doing well.

16 hours ago, Blastertoyo said:

One does not simply say “I’m going to write a pop song now” and does it, it’s almost to her detriment now that there’s teams of people there to help her even if she might not actually be ready to write something. This could be a big reason why we feel she sounds like a passive force in some of her new projects and why she talks about it that way, she has X Y and Z holding her hand through her own art when up until ARTPOP, you could always tell Gaga was the captain of the ship. Gaga seems now to be much more focused on what and who her art is serving rather than how it’s expressing how she feels and working as an outlet for her.  

Completely summarized my feelings on Chromatica!

48 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

Enigma is SUPPOSED to be a camp, over the top, ridiculous performance of Lady Gaga as “Lady Gaga”. It IS a parody. Thats the point of it. Sadly many people don’t catch the nuance. Gaga is enough of an intellectual and well versed enough in performance art theory to know that there is nothing serious about it, and thats when it gets good. She just grew up and shed that pretentious seriousness with which she carried herself early on. 

I like the ENIGMA show (I think the breadth of the show itself is much more fully realized in person, than in videos), but I personally feel like there is just a slight mark missed in the camp department. I'm not fully sure how to verbalize my feelings on it, but it feels like it's almost camp, but isn't all the way there. Almost over-the-top, but not quite. Almost ridiculous, but still a little subdued, you know?

At its worst, it feels like a hollow Gaga caricature. At its best, it feels like an accessible, "modern" version of a classic Gaga show.

Which is fine, considering that a) I'm comparing it to Gaga's previous shows and performanceship, and that b) Gaga herself is not the same person as she was with her last tour. Or the one before that. Which is fine.

It's still a good show! But J + P completely overshadows it (surprisingly), just on its earnestness alone.

GagaDelRey

I thought I was the only one noticing this. A lot of people don't see it or get it, but Gaga definitely has lost some of her stage presence. She seems fictitious a lot of the time which is really cringeworthy and unnecessary. For example the "crying" without actually...crying; one of her 2019 Grammy's acceptance speeches shows this. I agree, the gestures and how she speaks seems forced too sometimes. This behavior is so odd.

When she's on stage she seems "over it" and lacks enthusiasm, not bc she's tired, but bc she doesn't care enough. In the beginning of her career her passion for theatricality and "never being low brow" was prominent, but for the past 5ish years it has obviously deteriorated. I agree her visuals are not as impressive anymore and she half-asses the choreo on stage (this could be bc of health reasons though). I also agree that she should  do other things than pop music bc she seems bored of it. Acting and exploring other genres of music would be refreshing for her "brand".

Honestly I don't think popGa has much longer, partly bc of her health. She'll have a long career doing other things than pop music. Gaga maturing as an individual and as an artist is part of why she isn't the same as she was in 2008-2013.  As we the fans get older/mature we'll learn to evolve with her. I can admit I see these things even though I'm a monster (for life:pawsup:), but there's a lot of fans who are in denial (#perfectdelusion)

Earth is cancelled

Jose P

Hmmm while I think you and many others are being especially harsh, I do see some sense in here. Anyone who denies Gaga has changed is delulu. We can all see she is a different artist. But I don’t personally find it as a bad thing. I still think she’s an incredible performer and artist. It’s just different from back in the day. I think many fans are being blinded by nostalgia and want things the way they were in 2008-2013 bc they’re fond of those memories. It happens, it’s normal. It’s something that takes place in a lot of fandoms.

In my opinion (let’s just leave out the lack of promo for a sec), as an artist I still see the passion and drive. I mean, just look at Chromatica. Many fans want to pretend it’s a Bloodpop only project but she clearly is very passionate about it based on the interviews. Look, if she was over it she would’ve just released a ballads album and called it a day, just to ride off the success from ASIB. But she clearly put a lot of thought and time into making Chromatica and making it something different from her past stuff, specifically the last eras.

I see you’re being especially harsh on the 911 video bc of the product placement. Really? How can you say it’s just something she made for LG? Did you miss the tons of product placement on Telephone? How can you say she did all of that, the storyline, the meaning, the huge amounts of symbolism, the outfits, the references, just so she could make an ad for LG? She could have easily made a choreo video and called it a day if that was the case. It seems like you’re disappointed about it many things and now even the good things you’re finding ways to be disappointed about.

So yes, she has changed. It happens. If you don’t like her anymore, it’s understandable. Not everyone will remain a fan forever, many of us lose interest in an artist and move on, it’s natural. I personally still find her an very intriguing artist, don’t love everything she does but I love enough to stick around, even through lack of promo and all that. I absolutely love the TFM-BTW period but I really enjoy her currently too. If you don’t, it’s valid, we all have our opinions on her evolution as an artist. She has changed dramatically so it’s obvious many who are OG fans will be turned off by it. But I do think some of the criticism is being delivered especially harsh, not only you OP but by many other users. Idk some of it just seems a little unfair, but maybe that’s just me. Then again, I’m really not here to fight or argue, that’s just my two cents on the matter.

HighwayFantasy

I totally understand your opinion. But please re-watch this interview, she's full of fire and still has a clear vision on her artistry. However, she is focussing much more on her mental health which means less being in the public eye. 

HausOfAntonio
5 hours ago, Miel said:

I like the ENIGMA show (I think the breadth of the show itself is much more fully realized in person, than in videos), but I personally feel like there is just a slight mark missed in the camp department. I'm not fully sure how to verbalize my feelings on it, but it feels like it's almost camp, but isn't all the way there. Almost over-the-top, but not quite. Almost ridiculous, but still a little subdued, you know?

At its worst, it feels like a hollow Gaga caricature. At its best, it feels like an accessible, "modern" version of a classic Gaga show.

Which is fine, considering that a) I'm comparing it to Gaga's previous shows and performanceship, and that b) Gaga herself is not the same person as she was with her last tour. Or the one before that. Which is fine.

It's still a good show! But J + P completely overshadows it (surprisingly), just on its earnestness alone.

Whats J + P? :selena:

xoxo Craig
4 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

Whats J + P? :selena:

Jazz and Piano, her other Vegas Show :selena:

I do agree that the Jazz show is better than Enigma... but we've always known that Gaga shines best on a piano singing songs and adding her own 'Gaga' jazz flare to things. 

This does not mean that Gaga is over pop or that she doesn't care about pop music anymore, and it doesn't mean she's burnt out on pop shows. The Joanne World Tour is still one of the greatest tours she's done in my opinion

End Racism Now

HausOfAntonio
1 hour ago, xoxo Craig said:

Jazz and Piano, her other Vegas Show :selena:

I do agree that the Jazz show is better than Enigma... but we've always known that Gaga shines best on a piano singing songs and adding her own 'Gaga' jazz flare to things. 

This does not mean that Gaga is over pop or that she doesn't care about pop music anymore, and it doesn't mean she's burnt out on pop shows. The Joanne World Tour is still one of the greatest tours she's done in my opinion

The way that flew right over my head :bear:

She clearly has some severe mental issues and need to take care of herself for a while, compared to her debut years. Her not promoting and being everywhere is a way of protecting her own sanity which is absolutely okay. I'm happy about her acting career growing, it's healthier form of expression for her at the moment. She should comeback to music in a few years only if she feels like it.

Archived