Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Cardi B named Billboard ’s 2020 Woman of the Year.

Teletubby

Featured Posts

50 minutes ago, LittleMonster20 said:

Regardless of her having to support herself drugging and robbing people isn’t okay! WTF are you really trying to justify it?! If she was so desperate she could have just gotten another job. (I must say it IS messed up that people are saying she raped them; I apologize for bringing that up since it’s serious)

This is subjective. One thing though, she’s in NO way similar to Gaga.

Nicki is EVERYWHERE. You can’t escape her on social media. She has a lot of features and she is always proclaimed the Queen of Rap. I know that the title in itself is subjective but I barely see Cardi getting proclaimed the Queen of anything. Nicki is just generally seen as the best and most influential female rapper.

I’m aware and that’s horrible. I’M NOT A BARB. There are moments when Nicki disgusts me. All I’m saying is that what she did for female rap is undeniable plus she has the talent so I think she deserves it more than Cardi. 

At the end of the day, I don’t stan either of them. I just think Nicki is more deserving and think Cardi is a scummy person and is untalented. There are so many other great female rappers and musicians that deserves this so much more.

Nicky collabarated with a pedophile aka 6ix9ine and defended her pedo Brother they are both scummy people 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sneaky Oliver

I wish they would give Gaga an award as well. She came back to dance-pop scene, 2 top10 hits including a #1 debut, #1 album but the main reason: the One World Together At Home special. Something similar to VMA's TRICON.

I’m on my Legacy Act era

BornAsUnic0rn
27 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

The bitterness :billie:

After Gaga won in 2015 and Madonna won when her decline was set in stone. 

But but but.. Gaga won because of AHS, the Sound of Music tribute, and a PSA/Movie Song about a social issue that wasn’t even considered to be officially released for months after the movie premiered and had literally no chart success, right? It’s an award show for women in MUSIC, I have to ad. Highlighting the success of women in music that year. 

RenegAde

Good ,She deserves! 

Gaga would have been most deserving tho, she did so much during corona and the US elections plus she had a successful album . But she won already in 2015 so its good they are acknowledging others too

LittleMonster20
1 hour ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

Did you just call me saying Cardi reminds ME of early Gaga disrespectful?

Just to go on and belittle Cardi as a problematic trashy rapper?

Do I have to remind you that Gaga was seen as a problematic trashy attention seeking pop singer by many the first YEARS of her career? Hell, Gaga played off the fact people think of her that way by being deliberately trashy. 

You made your point very clear. I’ll just let that hypocrisy sink in, and leave it at that.

Gaga wasn’t being violent, rude, putting on a weird accent and being open about her shady past. She was just making music, being outspoken over political issues and dressing eccentric. Huge difference here.

xoxo Craig

Would have given it to Gaga. Love Cardi so much and her Bernie interview was good. But Gaga literally put together a global show that raised millions of dollars for the fight against covid-19, and put a smile on everyone's faces during such a hard time. Then she delivered one of the best albums of the year with Chromatica, putting smiles on people's faces yet again with a banger of an album, and elaborate music videos. And she ain't done there, she goes to the VMA's and makes statement after statement about wearing masks and keeping safe.... while giving a whole 9 minute and some seconds of an elaborate performance, singing live WITH facemasks. She turned facemasks into a health point as well as a fashion statement.

And this woman has been fighting for mental health awareness throughout this whole damn year. From talking about her experiences both past and present, to releasing a book full of stories. This woman has been the glimmer of light this world needed during a time where it became very dark at times. There is just (fck I'm in tears) no other woman that is doing it like Gaga. Oh and we don't stop there, she then went political and helped Joe Biden win Pennsylvania. 

My woman of the year is Lady Gaga, and she should be Billboard's too. And Chromatica should be getting the award that Dua is getting, and the one that Lopez is getting. 

End Racism Now

BornAsUnic0rn
1 hour ago, LittleMonster20 said:

Gaga wasn’t being violent, rude, putting on a weird accent and being open about her shady past. She was just making music, being outspoken over political issues and dressing eccentric. Huge difference here.

You made your point clear, move on. It’s your double standard, and your clear bias and disrespect against Cardi, you‘re trying to justify, not mine. I don’t care, she gets the award, the recognition and the money her success gives her, and people spreading hate shouldn’t matter.  

Big Reputation

Eh alright I guess, I don’t really like cardi at all. Between the drugging and robbing men situation, and the fact she doesn’t write her own stuff. She just seems like another industry product. I’ve only heard WAP once and that was enough for me but I guess I can understand why some people like it though. She’s just not for me, but congrats to her for winning WOTY, she’s seemed to have some impact this year 

When it’s dark outside you’re always the light

SevenWonder

So neither RiRi (singles queen) nor Adele (album queen) have won the award?

Hmmm. 

(OT: Gaga should have won in 2011 and 2019.) 

JusKeepBreathin

I love Fergie, but why her in 2010. Was every other woman busy?

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

JusKeepBreathin
9 hours ago, 777777777777777777 said:

The whitest list I've ever seen. Does Billboard hate black women? Except for Cardi an Selena. 

Like Rihanna, Alicia Keys or Beyoncé don't deserve it more than most of the women on that list. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Archived