MARINA - Man's World

ARTPOPe

Featured Posts

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
austincola
2 minutes ago, Korok said:

Lovely return to form. I feel like she's out of her musical slump.

Musical slump....? What?

austincola
55 minutes ago, Jose P said:

Love it! So much better than anything on L+F (let’s forget about ha), I’m so happy she’s improving! :giveup:

Lol the delusion. 

1 minute ago, austincola said:

Musical slump....? What?

I liked L+F but let's not pretend it didn't have major lows. In her defense FROOT set the bar way too high. 

austincola
3 minutes ago, Korok said:

I liked L+F but let's not pretend it didn't have major lows. In her defense FROOT set the bar way too high. 

MAJOR lows? Explain. 

8 minutes ago, austincola said:

Musical slump....? What?

She had also literally told the public that she had a difficult time writing music after FROOT; she took a major break for that reason. She then depended on a variety of writers/producers like Clean Bandit to help carry the weight of her ideas for L+F. This isn't me passing judgement it's strictly facts. I'm not saying L+F is bad, I'm saying that compared to the integrity FROOT had (working with only 1 producer) this is quite similar where she's writing all of her music by herself again. Sonically, it's something I can hear and respect which is why I said "musical slump" because that is undoubtedly where she was with L+F. 

2 minutes ago, austincola said:

MAJOR lows? Explain. 

Songs like Karma, True, Baby, and Orange Trees are all quite boring compared to what she's put out in the past. They're not bad, but they're not on the level of what she's put out and that's solely because the producers/writers made everything sound so binary/predictable. She had good ideas but the execution relied too much on whoever else she was working with at the time. 

ajmsamuel
11 minutes ago, Korok said:

She had also literally told the public that she had a difficult time writing music after FROOT; she took a major break for that reason. She then depended on a variety of writers/producers like Clean Bandit to help carry the weight of her ideas for L+F. This isn't me passing judgement it's strictly facts. I'm not saying L+F is bad, I'm saying that compared to the integrity FROOT had (working with only 1 producer) this is quite similar where she's writing all of her music by herself again. Sonically, it's something I can hear and respect which is why I said "musical slump" because that is undoubtedly where she was with L+F. 

Songs like Karma, True, Baby, and Orange Trees are all quite boring compared to what she's put out in the past. They're not bad, but they're not on the level of what she's put out and that's solely because the producers/writers made everything sound so binary/predictable. She had good ideas but the execution relied too much on whoever else she was working with at the time. 

exactly. im a diamond and fan of her since Electra Heart. the album is not Bad is pretty much good compared to other artist.. but Marina put high standards. This the same problem with ARTPOP. everyone detroyed the album but we all know is not Bad, is actually one of fav gaga albums

kindest regards

HausOfAntonio
54 minutes ago, L E O said:

OMG aren't you all tired to always talk about L+F?! For people hating the record you sure as hell spend a lot of time talking about it :saladga:

Back to topic, who else preordered the vinyl? Only 3000 copies ladies :whitney:

I did :excited:

HausOfAntonio
29 minutes ago, Korok said:

It didn’t have major lows :awkney: All songs are good in some way on their own right. 

The LF hate bandwagon has departed. 

Archived