• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Justin Drew Bieber

Not me already having to report Gaga flamebait :deadbanana:

Congrats Kylie! It’s a great album

Jose P
3 hours ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

not it outselling Chromatica when Rain On Me exists... and I thought it smashed in the UK đŸ˜¶

It did. It’s not like it outsold by a lot. Kylie is just a strong album seller, she didn’t need a previous hit to pull a strong debut.

vixdean
8 minutes ago, Jose P said:

It did. It’s not like it outsold by a lot. Kylie is just a strong album seller, she didn’t need a previous hit to pull a strong debut.

And it’s not just that. Her key market is the UK. She’s been everywhere here. She’s like a honorary Brit.

The fact she is so focused in one market, makes it possible to do well here too. If she was Global like Gaga and had to extend her reach across the globe, she would need to neglect some areas.

If you compare Kylie’s album sales across the globe with Gaga, there just isn’t even room for comparison. 

It’s unfortunate that she never managed to break the US and reach other markets. This album for example really deserves it. 

Monsieur D
4 hours ago, vixdean said:

And it’s not just that. Her key market is the UK. She’s been everywhere here. She’s like a honorary Brit.

The fact she is so focused in one market, makes it possible to do well here too. If she was Global like Gaga and had to extend her reach across the globe, she would need to neglect some areas.

If you compare Kylie’s album sales across the globe with Gaga, there just isn’t even room for comparison. 

It’s unfortunate that she never managed to break the US and reach other markets. This album for example really deserves it. 

Kylie is big almost everywhere except the US, I just don't get it ...
For example, the "X tour" was almost sold-out in Latin America back in 2008, that's HUGE.

From 2000 to 2005 she had a bunch of worldwide hits... but only Can't Get You... (and maybe In Your Eyes) made it to the US.

JusKeepBreathin
10 hours ago, shoful said:

YESSSSSS SO HAPPY!!!!!! I streamed nonstop all week even though I’m in the US i feel like I helped haha. I bought signed copies I think from the UK so maybe those counted. She deserves all this success!!! 

When do the official charts release?

Been streaming from the US here too sis.  Giving Kylie her much deserved US streams.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Battle 4 Ur Life

I Love It playing on the background. that song is already a classic! I LOVE IT!

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

RickMonster98

Wow, 55k is such a great number for a debut in the Uk:firega: imagine a woman with 30 Years in the industry doing it in 2020 :triggered: legends only:triggered:

she had all of this decade to beat that massive record and she did it on the first year:bear:

Congrats Goddess of Pop:heart:

21 hours ago, Spock said:

I’m not discrediting anyone or being rude about their sales? 49k is amazing 

But LM imposed themselves on Kylie’s date after Kylie announced she was releasing on that day, obviously thinking they were going to be able to overtake her with streaming. There are no big releases this week so they could have perfectly released this Friday. Their team obviously wanted to prove a point for some reason and it backfired :bear:

@Spock no one would want to release an album on friday the 13th! LMAO :laughga:

Archived