The Weeknd to Headline Super Bowl LV Half-Time Show

mamo

Featured Posts

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
xoxo Craig
10 minutes ago, MACATL said:

Neither was Bruno the first time he did it.  

But he had Beyonce and Coldplay to back him up

End Racism Now

Jose P
21 minutes ago, Midnight Summer said:

Not yall conveniently forgetting that this man has 5 #1 solo hits, 4 #1 albums, several global smashes, a DIAMOND certified single (The Hills) and 3 more singles that will probably go diamond by next year (Blinding Lights, Starboy and Can't Feel My Face) and was the most listened to artist on Spotify all year.

Dude is a literal hit machine.

He’s probably the biggest artist right now, and a male artist at that. Ofc GGD is being negative about it. Probably the only place I’ve visited where I see so much negativity about these news.

StrawberryBlond

Kinda soon for them to announce this when we don't even know if a SB will go ahead. Can they do it without an audience? But it's good to see a really good male performer announced again. It seems when men do it recently that they're either as part of a band or rely heavily on featured acts but I could see Abel do it completely solo. Only thing is, he doesn't have many family friendly songs and some of them may be heavily censored. You can see why it's usually pop performers, whose work isn't as explicit, are the ones that are usually chosen. Just saying that his work could be heavily altered, so it may not sound as good.

Sneaky Oliver
16 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

But he had Beyonce and Coldplay to back him up

That was his second Halftime Show. He also performed there in 2014.

I’m on my Legacy Act era

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

That was his second Halftime Show. He also performed there in 2014.

He did? Never knew that

End Racism Now

Sneaky Oliver
Just now, xoxo Craig said:

He did? Never knew that

Yes he did and he SLAYED! it was right after his unorthodox jukebox era!

cropped_BrunoMarsSplits.gif

I’m on my Legacy Act era

His songs, good or not, are definitely not fot a SuperBowl Halftime Show, they're just not that traditional pop played on this event previous years and he's really not very known worldwide (aka a local)

Jose P
1 minute ago, Hebi said:

His songs, good or not, are definitely not fot a SuperBowl Halftime Show, they're just not that traditional pop played on this event previous years and he's really not very known worldwide (aka a local)

Have you seen how Blinding Lights is doing on the worldwide charts? He’s pretty big at least in the western world. And even if he was a local, and? The Super Bowl is an American event, have you forgotten?

SchwineLove

He doesn't have that energetic presence like Bruno Mars or Justin Timberlake. He's more chilly, vibe-y, moody persona, so I can't imagine a 10 minute-ish set of his songs would feel like. I'm afraid it will be a snoozefest. But if JT can make a snoozefest, maybe Abel can do the opposite. We never saw him do a long set on TV such as in awards show medley (unlike JT and Bruno) so I dunno what to expect. Good luck for him.

Robo Ga

I am not a fan. That being said, I think he’ll put on an INCREDIBLE show and I’m looking forward to watching it. His VMA performance was amazing.

🤖⚡️

Epione

At least he’s talented. So good choice. If it was some rapper with Nicki Minaj on  the side, I would have a meltdown. :bear:

Oh wow, congrats to him!! I'm genuinely really happy for him and his fans, he keeps racking up accomplishment after accomplishment :applause:

I don't know a ton about him but I've always enjoyed his voice and vibe, so I'm looking forward to whatever he delivers.

⚡🐲

Archived