💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Dua: "Trolling over viral dance vid messed with my mental health"

vyniildisk

Featured Posts

vyniildisk

DismalFondGadwall-max-1mb.gif

“I experienced a s*** tonne at the end of my first record, and it was definitely something that gave me anxiety and made me upset and made me feel like I wasn’t good enough and made me feel like, maybe I’m not meant to be here and on the stage,” she recalls.

“Even after the Grammys, some people were like, ‘Well, she doesn’t deserve it.’”

Dua – who won best new artist and best dance recording at the Grammys last year – is all too aware of the video of her dancing that went viral, doing the rounds as a mocking meme.

“There were so many things, especially when you start out, like a video of me dancing and they’re like, ‘Ah well, she has no stage presence’ – but they’d never been to one of my shows, they’d never seen me perform.

https://attitude.co.uk/article/dua-lipa-trolling-over-viral-dance-video-messed-with-my-mental-health/23993/

My triconic queen, she is like a phoenix, she came stronger than ever, with timeless choreos AND...

EARNING THE MOST SUCCESFUL FEMALE SONG OF 2020 so there's that!

tenor.gif?itemid=16759346

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boohoo, you're an artist, people will criticize you. They'll criticize your performances, your voice, your albums, your songs, your lyrics, your videos and so on and so forth. If you're not strong enough to take it maybe stay off social media like Selena Gomez did. And crying about it to the press is classless. You never hear about Gaga crying that people don't like her outfits or choreos or performances just saying 

Ariana Grindr
5 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

Boohoo, you're an artist, people will criticize you. They'll criticize your performances, your voice, your albums, your songs, your lyrics, your videos and so on and so forth. If you're not strong enough to take it maybe stay off social media like Selena Gomez did. And crying about it to the press is classless. You never hear about Gaga crying that people don't like her outfits or choreos or performances just saying 

Damn ma, you had breakfast yet?

1 minute ago, KanyeWest said:

Boohoo, you're an artist, people will criticize you. They'll criticize your performances, your voice, your albums, your songs, your lyrics, your videos and so on and so forth. If you're not strong enough to take it maybe stay off social media like Selena Gomez did.

This, unfortunately. Not saying that anyone deserves to be bullied, but this is exactly what’s expected when you’re famous.

If you’re lacking at all, people will point it out. Those dance moves were lacking and she went on stage with them anyways. I don’t really feel sorry for her here, I think that this moment she’s talking about genuinely brought a lot of people a good laugh. Traumatizing for her, surely, but her choreographer should probably be answering for this one.

fragment-fragment--bul-uh...scab-uh..fragment-foot, bullet fragment foot bich!

Teletubby

does she still work with the same choreographer?
ezgif-1-8865e2df0d62.gif

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

vyniildisk
18 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, Runway said:

She’s not above criticism or even people making fun of her

The point of this story is that she got over it, perfected her craft and came back dancing and slaying the charts at the same time, don't start now is the most succesful female song of 2020 Billboard LITERALLY had to remove it from the chart because the slayage would.not.stop i heard it was sold out on apple music too btw

Sepsami
13 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

She obviously is strong enough to take it, as she's still slaying left and right. Doesn't mean she's not a human that has real struggles.. This is pretty tone-deaf of you to type on a Gaga fansite, she preaches about kindness & mental health literally all the time. :awkney:

vyniildisk
1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

I've been to one of her shows, I've seen her perform..... and well, 

Next Time GIF

Was it before her resurgence as the female michael jackson? Or prior to future nostalgia? 

1 minute ago, Dulo Peep said:

Was it before her resurgence as the female michael jackson? Or prior to future nostalgia? 

Yes, it was. So I'm sure she has grown and become more polished. I love Dua and can't wait to see her live again.

4 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

I dont wanna burst your bubble or come of as rude but dua is not the female Michael Jackson sorry

6 minutes ago, Sepsami said:

She obviously is strong enough to take it, as she's still slaying left and right. Doesn't mean she's not a human that has real struggles.. This is pretty tone-deaf of you to type on a Gaga fansite, she preaches about kindness & mental health literally all the time. :awkney:

Im sorry but as an artist you will get criticized, that's how it is. I understand it's tough, but to talk about it to the media as though people shouldn't criticize her dance, performances, lack of stage presence etc because it makes her feel "sad", is just weird... You chose to get on stage with that choreography that you personally thought was fine as a performance, people didn't like it, move on! Did Britney talk about how Perez Hilton and many other "journalists" completely demolished her when she went on stage for the VMAs in 2007 with an outfit that doesn't flatter her, and a choreo that was underwhelming + she didn't seem ready at all. No! Because that's the damn business you're in as an artist. Did Michael Jackson cry to the press when his album in 2001 had bad reviews and fans found it underwhelming? Nope. Did Gaga cry to the press when she got backlash after her paparazzi performance where blood came out of nowhere and some found it distasteful? Nope. And the list goes on and on. Dua needs to realize this is life as an artist, take it or leave it. As I said, some self proclaimed "artist" like Selena Gomez choose not to get on social media too much cus it affects them, maybe she should do the same and let other handle real life and criticisim instead 

Archived