Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

Vice UK: "ARTPOP is good, actually"

MiQuenDroid

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

The comma before "actually" is really messing with my mind. Considering it's the UK version of Vice which is where Love Actually was made, you'd think they wouldn't make this mistake. When people do this, it makes it sound like an insult, unintended as it is.

Sorry, I'm just a stickler for spelling, grammar and punctuation.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pop Music

best album ever no contest for me 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

SevenWonder

In my delusions Gypsy was a runaway number 1 for 76 weeks. 

This makes me wonder if perhaps I could have been right after all...

Curunir
11 minutes ago, SevenWonder said:

In my delusions Gypsy was a runaway number 1 for 76 weeks. 

This makes me wonder if perhaps I could have been right after all...

Tbh if Gypsy was released as the lead it would've probably gone #1 (or gotten blocked by Roar and gone #2 :huntyga:)

That song was made to be a hit.

This isn't me saying that Applause shouldn't have been the lead. Applause is perfect :pray:

But Gypsy deserved that single treatment :bradley:

MingersPrayer
8 minutes ago, Curunir said:

Tbh if Gypsy was released as the lead it would've probably gone #1 (or gotten blocked by Roar and gone #2 :huntyga:)

That song was made to be a hit.

This isn't me saying that Applause shouldn't have been the lead. Applause is perfect :pray:

But Gypsy deserved that single treatment :bradley:

Yeh you know I actually agree with you both 

if the campaign had started with a more classic Gaga aesthetic, & then pivoted to quirky it could definitely have worked. 

imnotyourbabe10

Gaga's Trifecta, imho, is TFM, BTW and AP.  Loved stanning those eras the most.
They really encapsulate her journey during that time.  From Fame's influences and destructive powers (TFM) to self-acceptance and insecurity that keeps us up at night (BTW) to confidently rejecting the norms and sticking it to the man with AP.  Those records radicalized my life.

C2C, Joanne, and ASIB are another trilogy...and I can't wait to see where Chromatica takes us.

9 hours ago, Ronnie said:

The few bad songs on ARTPOP are so bad that it really takes away from the album as a whole. But the Good songs are so good that they almost make up for it. 

Which do u classify as bad? 
I normal skip donatella it’s not bad more campy still a banger I’ve replaced dope with I wanna be with you only cause I have a good relationship with grass everyone hates on JnD but I like it 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Ouranos said:

Which do u classify as bad? 
I normal skip donatella it’s not bad more campy still a banger I’ve replaced dope with I wanna be with you only cause I have a good relationship with grass everyone hates on JnD but I like it 🤷🏻‍♂️

JnD is fun but it’s awful 😂 I always skip Donatella and Dope. Sorry not sorry 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

ReplayBoss

ARTPOP never reached its full protentional and I hate to say that it will never will :bradley: . The main idea of combining art and pop was so fascinating, but due to circumstances during the era, it never got far. Still waiting for the full visual album, still waiting for more music videos to every song, still waiting for Act 2, still waiting for the true ARTPOP app which would feature exclusive songs like Brooklyn Nights, and finally, I'm still waiting for that G.U.Y Behind the Scenes video :giveup:.  ARTPOP still holds some of my favorite Gaga songs to this day.

The scars on my mind are on replay, r-replay

LilyLark

ARTPOP is one of my least favorite Gaga albums BUT it was messy, daring, and distinctive. It was not cookie cutter, there was little like it at the time (and yes, I know EDM was big at the time but the type of EDM Gaga was doing had a very unique stamp that I can't fathom any other artist doing during that time period). I also remember one or two big critics straight up saying they thought people's negative opinion of Gaga was impacting their reviews...so her persona (which some saw as an overdrawn schtick at that time) hurt it imo.

So in that sense I admire ARTPOP in that it was an imperfect but ambitious creation even if there are better Gaga albums (imo) and better EDM/synth pop/dance pop albums in general.

Archived