💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Chromatica IS Album of The Year

COOOK

Featured Posts

I’m sure this Grammy Awards Ceremony will not be overlooked, as the year 2020 continues to bring a series of unfortunate events with global effects, but it’s also bringing us exciting releases from both big and upcoming artists. Like many, we’re all here rooting for our fave to get as many wins as nominations, and here’s why COOOK thinks Chromatica is Album of The Year:

chromatica-scaled.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTF5KHAPJsIDrpP9IovqiKSA_jCQGENX7vWOg&usqp=CAU The music is incredible. The songs, lyrics and especially its production, an homage to 90s house music, are exquisitely good. It’s also her most personal album so far and tackles more than anything mental health; a topic of discussion that’s been slowly but surely breaking the stigmas around it, also thanks to Gaga’s advocacy.

EYpkzcKXgAA61RL?format=jpg&name=large 300?cb=20201005191913&path-prefix=ru

Taking care of your mental health is, now more than ever, one of the most important things you can do to yourself that will help overcome or bear whatever 2020+ keeps bringing our way. Personally, this album makes me feel like I am not alone in my own battle with mental health issues. Because we’re all not alone in this.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTF5KHAPJsIDrpP9IovqiKSA_jCQGENX7vWOg&usqp=CAU The photoshoot is breathtaking, epic and easily one of her best, which brings me to my point. Although this is not a reason for AOTY, the photoshoot alone shows the potential for greatness this album has, while Bobby was planning for 18 months what was going to be “the biggest rollout ever” (and let’s not talk about surprise performances that got cancelled).

d7d3e5e3d199521edb93ed18d2b84864.jpg EZCeQ2OU8AAA-7-.jpg

chromatica-scaled-e1588870422852.jpg 6ca119b04df5ad5d74cad236e47442c2.jpg

The global situation in 2020 took away everything it could from Chromatica just like it took from our own lives, doesn’t it? The people we've lost this year are not to be forgotten. And as much as Gaga, we also had plans, goals to achieve and maybe the potential for greatness too, that have now taken the backseat… or the trunk if you ask me.

In its way, the fallout of the plans for Chromatica and its rollout mirror what many had planned for our careers, our lives, our situation. Gaga’s triumphant return to dance pop suffered a pushback, cancellations and one unexpected leak after another all while in the middle of, well... 2020. Yet this album kept its message of going on, showing us that even in the midst of adversity there’s hope, beauty, and a journey of overcoming and triumph. That’s what Chromatica means to me :vegas:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pedrohemg

I agree. Many will say Folklore, but for me that album is a snoozefest, I couldn't finish it. Chromatica has no skips, SFA is a masterpiece, Alice is the best dance song of the year, and even Stupid Love was well received by the critics.

Sneaky Oliver

People hating on the album because of the pandemic situation are way too unfair! The album is a masterpiece and the era rollout was going to be amazing and basically everything we have ever wanted from Gaga!

I’m on my Legacy Act era

PsychoMaxcara

Yes, the promo this era is what it is. That doesn’t (and shouldn’t) change the fact Chromatica IS the best album of 2020. Listening to it felt like coming a full circle and it was an emotional rollercoaster. It also has one of the most poignant and empowering songs Gaga has ever written - Plastic Doll.

xoxo Craig

Yes! There hasn't been album come close to Chromatica this year. Its truly a masterpiece and what I would call Album of the year

End Racism Now

Yes, a Gaga album about struggling with mental health THIS YEAR, yes, it should be album of the year. We Love our Gaga, and everyone is struggling.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

PrinceOfTheStorm

i wish i could say its my favorite album of this year still, but it's not.

signing out

Gagaloo911

For sure.

All those claiming the snoozefest Folklore is are clearly bandwagoners who jumped on that as soon as it became massive commercially and racked up all those streams and sales.

A reminder that quantity does not equal quality. :vegas:

TWICE on hatius

It’s true. It’s true. It’s the album of year in terms of how much attention it got, how much an event it was for pop culture.  

People’s taste is subjective. But it is fact that when Chomatica was out, everyone was watching. And none of more successful albums, both critically and commercially, released this year has achieved that.

Please ignore the spelling in username. I am a Beyonce stan afterall.

17 minutes ago, PsychoMaxcara said:

It also has one of the most poignant and empowering songs Gaga has ever written - Plastic Doll.

girl taste! @Kimmo we have a new sister inside our Plastic Doll cult :vegas:

EgOkn-SWoAAt7rR?format=jpg&name=medium

Anderson123

Love Chromatica but don't get your hopes up. If The Fame Monster didn't with Album of the Year I think Chromatica has 0 chances, but miracles happen. The best I can expect is Pop Vocal and that's still not 100% sure with Future Nostalgia and probably Folklore being there. I mean, Grammys are great but if you enjoy and love an album, that's the most important.

Lord Temptation

1) It’s not boring

2) It’s about healing - exactly what 2020 needs

3) It’s got hit songs

OMG you’re right :cryga:

ShayCristoforo

You’re totally right. It is THE moment. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Archived