Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Positions not being received well by critics

Lighter

Featured Posts

I dont think it's necessarily a bad album or even care that its similar to her past work, I just find the album itself almost... boring? I dont know, it's definitely my least favorite from her. I absolutely love slower songs and ballads but I just didnt get captivated like I did in her other works. Motive and POV I love the most for sure. For now, Sweetener remains my favorite album of hers.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DOJA CAT
Just now, PsychoMaxcara said:

Lol :laughga: Pardon me for taking part in discussions on a message board. I’m sorry my opinion on the album doesn’t align with yours, but the critics have spoken and the proof is in the pudding which is tired and severly undercooked. :ohwell:

It's got 71/100 on metacritic... wheres the proof in the pudding. And she's still getting #1's so obviously people like it

thank u, next

Chromatography
2 minutes ago, PsychoMaxcara said:

Lol :laughga: Pardon me for taking part in discussions on a message board. I’m sorry my opinion on the album doesn’t align with yours, but the critics have spoken and the proof is in the pudding which is tired and severly undercooked. :ohwell:

i’m glad you take what critics say as bible. must be nice not having to think for yourself.

PsychoMaxcara
1 minute ago, SOYEON said:

It's got 71/100 on metacritic... wheres the proof in the pudding. And she's still getting #1's so obviously people like it

The reviews are still pouring in, the score can go from 71 to 90, or drop all the way down to 60 depending on what the average consensus is.

2 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

i’m glad you take what critics say as bible. must be nice not having to think for yourself.

I don’t, but in this case I have to agree. Btw, if I’m being negative it’s only because I know Ariana can do better. Imo, I think she either should’ve pushed the people who worked on the album harder to give her their A game, or they should’ve pushed her harder. Vocally, she did an incredible job. It’s probably the most fun album to listen to if you’re into analyzing her runs and harmonies. I’m not a singer, so that’s not what I’m into. I’m looking for unique melodies and songs that are memorable. This isn’t the album for me, but clearly it had a lasting impression on you. More power to you, and just for the record I do wish her all the chart success.

BornAsUnic0rn
34 minutes ago, PsychoMaxcara said:

Clearly people are getting tired of her delivering the same rehashed urban R&B. She's repeating herself. At this rate, she will soon turn into a black Katy Perry.

did you just call Ariana black omg?

Phantomhive

Oh wow :enigma: Can't really judge tho since I haven't listened to it and based on what I've read on twitter/ggd, it probably isn't my cup of tea. Haven't loved an Ariana album since DW and I only listened to Sweetener in full about 2 or 3 times.

In I fly on wings of winter.

TimisaMonster

Well it is very monotonous...:oops:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

MessyTop

Ok. I want the album to do really well. I appreciate her hard work. But the album is meh, most of the songs never land or go anywhere. Is almost like a collection of demos. I hope her fans embrace it, but I have a feeling the general public will forget about it by next week. 

44 minutes ago, TWICE said:

It has the same score as Born This Way now so :billie:

I don’t think an extremely controversial album like Born this way should be used as a comparison lmao. All the Madonna fans gave Gaga very low scores, she even got a 0. I’m still surprised how it’s in the 70s.

Prostitute Barbie

I don’t care for it but I also find most of her music outside the hits to be kind of dull so I’m not the best judge. I think it’s a very fair rating 

MelbHawker

I must agree.. I enjoy her vocals but musically this album is repetitive .. as a result its bland. 

54 minutes ago, TWICE said:

It has the same score as Born This Way now so :billie:

well that's likely cause BTW got a zero???

LOVE JUNKIE

I can't believe I agree with critics for once :sweat:

I thought Sweetener wasn't that great (it did have some great tracks tho), but it received universal acclaim :bear:

I think there's some interesting moments on the album, but it does feel like it's missing something. Like a little bit more fun or energy. Something to break things up and separate it from her last two releases more. Maybe Ari just needs a lil break

on a three day bender

Ricardo

it's been three albums in a row that has the same R&B sound, neither are bad but girl, you can't keep the same route forever it's getting boring 

Archived