Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

"Positions" is unfocussed and often tedious, says The Fader

Bambino

Featured Posts

TheOriginalOne

Okay I agree and disagree. 
I didn’t feel the album was unfocused, as they say. I actually thought it was very cohesive. It has a vision and it sees that vision through. Initially I was “underwhelmed” overall but in the last few hours I’ve actually been listening and liking it more and more. However, I do agree that it does feel like Ariana is just following the current trend instead of setting it. But that’s also not a bad thing. Not everyone has to reinvent the wheel. I think this review is actually a bit harsher than I would have reviewed that album. I would say Positions is a good 7.5/10 or so. I’m really starting to like it!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For what i heard so far it's not so bad. I only listened on bad speakers but the mix sounded kinda interesting, like textured, and so heavenly. Gotta give it a try cause I don't trust most music medias nowadays.

hello hello baby.

PsychoMaxcara

I love how people thought this was her magnum opus and once the critics start hating on the record suddenly everyone has a reawakening and agrees

EDIT: Btw I think the points they are raising are surprisingly on point and very reasonable. Vocally, it's a fun album, but it's tired lyrics-wise and the production is very vanilla

Criticisms are based on people's tastes, thoughts, and opinions.  Even if it were nothing new, understated, trend-following, and basic, I still like it.  I don't understand why people keep wanting something new from artists when their old work is really great.   Can't wait till she tours the album, after covid oc.

I live outside the space time continuum.

53 minutes ago, TheOriginalOne said:

Okay I agree and disagree. 
I didn’t feel the album was unfocused, as they say. I actually thought it was very cohesive. It has a vision and it sees that vision through. Initially I was “underwhelmed” overall but in the last few hours I’ve actually been listening and liking it more and more. However, I do agree that it does feel like Ariana is just following the current trend instead of setting it. But that’s also not a bad thing. Not everyone had to reinvent the wheel. I think this review is actually a bit harsher than I would have reviewed that album. I would say Positions is a good 7/10 or so. I’m really starting to like it!

Mte.

I live outside the space time continuum.

IllusionLover
1 hour ago, SpiritBunny said:

Why would they expect something new or exciting from Ariana Grande of all artists? Lol

She really served during her last two albums. 

But I think this is also because she didn't took her time to make this one.

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

NichuuB
1 hour ago, Gagaloo911 said:

I mean it's always been clear that Ariana is a follower of trends and not a leader lol

This album is just the latest evidence for that, as well as that she didn't grow at all and evidently wants to play it safe by doing the same thing and sound again.

In my opnion, if she doesn't change it, she will end like katy.:bear:

Property of @Whale

ShayCristoforo

If anything it's too focused, imo. It's like she's saying the exact same thing over and over again, and can't escape the loop.

As someone with OCD, trust me. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

I thought Sweetener and thank u, next was a choice but this is like a watered down version of the two. Being an Ariana fan must be suffering if you're expecting Dangerous Woman and My Everything. It's almost like some artists intentionally lower themselves or something..?

She peaked at dangerous woman and has put out the same track over and over since then.

She is Marge and her music is a pink chanel dress.

marge simpson GIF

PsychoMaxcara
16 minutes ago, Dex said:

I thought Sweetener and thank u, next was a choice but this is like a watered down version of the two. Being an Ariana fan must be suffering if you're expecting Dangerous Woman and My Everything. It's almost like some artists intentionally lower themselves or something..?

I very much agree with you, even though I think it's not artists intentionally downgrading themselves, but more like artists desperately trying to gain street cred so they can be seen as 'authentic.' For some reason, when you do great pop music you're labeled inauthentic and commercial, whereas if you don't shower and make lazy uninspired songs that all sound like they use the same looped beat for the entire album you're extremely authentic and relatable. I think Ariana felt some kind of pressure to keep up, hence why she fired Max Martin and all the pop producers. Honestly, if I were a musician and loved pop music but someone pressured me into doing something else just so I can be taken more seriously by the urban crowd, I'd serve Barbie Girl type-of-anthems just to troll them. :bear:

Archived