IllusionLover
6 hours ago, Bambino said:

Gaga for the Chromatica era

I think the answer is here.

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think there is a "real Gaga". I think Gaga is just whoever she wants to be at that time, or whatever persona fits with her artistic vision for the project she's doing. So there's no real Gaga and yet they are also all the real Gaga, because they are all parts of her and come from her heart and her passion :heart:

But I don't think it's bad or wrong for fans to be wondering, questioning, or discussing. Actually I feel like she has gone thru the same questions to herself. She talked recently in an interview (I forget which one :enigma:) about being both Stefani and Gaga, and how she's had to realize that she can be both at the same time. And she's talked about how she's gone thru so many changes, but she's still always her.

Chromatican

The "real Gaga" has always been there throughout every era and period in Gaga's career. The songs she has released that are closest to the real Gaga in my opinion are Paparazzi, Speechless, Dance in the Dark, Marry The Night, Electric Chapel, ARTPOP, Gypsy, Just Another Day, Alice, 911, Sine From Above and Love Me Right.

jimmytimestep
9 hours ago, Gagaloo911 said:

Because the question is just silly.

For anyone who's followed Gaga during the course of her career and the things she says and does, it just makes no sense. If you take away all the outfits and wigs and makeup, she's essentially always been saying the same things, preaching the same basic message. 

If you paid any attention at all, you can very easily see underneath all that it's always been the same woman.

Really not that difficult to tell we've always seen the "real Gaga" so I find the question quite silly and indicative of a person who either hasn't been paying attention, or can't see the thesis that is Gaga beneath all the costumes.

preach tina fey GIF by Sisters

Helxig

Those are ALL the real Gaga. She contains multitudes.

We all change over the years in our lives. None of these people are fake or artificial. They are all versions of ourselves as we were at the time. Who I am tomorrow or in 10 years, though completely different to who I am now, will still be me. Though I look back 10-15 year to when I was a teenager and don't recognise that boy, and even though I wish it wasn't sometimes, it's still... me.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

organic salad
11 hours ago, Bambino said:

For The Fame era, she was Candy Warhol, for TFM and BTW, she was the Mother Monster. Aphordite for the ARTPOP era, Lady for the CTC era, Joanne for the Joanne era, Ally for the ASIB era, and Gaga for the Chromatica era.

Are we yet to see the real Gaga?

image.jpg

Gaga is Gaga, period. Eras are just that, eras. And it doesn't matter if she called herself Stefani (ASIB) or Lady (C2C) or whatever.

A little drama never hurts anyone... She was a THEATER KID, after all. :ladyhaha:

Not only that, Gaga has always been Gaga, in the sense that she's loved ACTING and JAZZ since she was a kid! 

She loved jazz because of her mom, and won jazz competitions in high school! 

She wanted to be an actress, loved Judy Garland, took acting classes and was an extra on The Sopranos when she was 15. 

Her childhood dreams have come true. :heart:

Archived