Are we yet to see the real Gaga?

Bambino

Featured Posts

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bambino
1 hour ago, Red said:

She said it multiple times, more directly in her Google Goes Gaga interview from the Born This Way era.

I don't recall that part. I remember a recent one when she said probably she wasn't feeling real during musical eras. Some people didn't like that because it felt like she took a **** on her personas.

Bambino
1 hour ago, Gagaloo911 said:

Because the question is just silly.

For anyone who's followed Gaga during the course of her career and the things she says and does, it just makes no sense. If you take away all the outfits and wigs and makeup, she's essentially always been saying the same things, preaching the same basic message. 

If you paid any attention at all, you can very easily see underneath all that it's always been the same woman.

Really not that difficult to tell we've always seen the "real Gaga" so I find the question quite silly and indicative of a person who either hasn't been paying attention, or can't see the thesis that is Gaga beneath all the costumes.

I get what you're talking about. Yes, I've been following her and her statements. I should've worded my OP better I guess. I think I mentioned her personas in the OP in a way to express how exciting it is for her to come up with a new theme/character each era, that we're like 'omg are we finally gonna see who she really is?" when she's been herself the entire time.

Thanks for taking the time to explain your point. An example others should follow :) 

FunTonight

I'm sorry but there's no way you can be more than a casual fan and this not be a total joke of a thread LMFAO

In defence of the OP, I think it's a fair question. Of course all the Gagas are real in the sense that they all did exist, but maybe there will come a point in the future, could be 10 yrs, 20 yrs, next week, I don't know, where she will just say 'I don't want to adopt any more personas. Here's me'. It wouldn't invalidate the previous Gagas. They were/are part of her art.

MAYBE she will do that, maybe not, I don't know, but it's worth considering, discussing, today of all days, and at the end of a couple of weeks where she has emphasized that she is Stefani Germanotta. At the beginning of 5 Foot 2, there is this small, beautiful, Italian woman who feeds her dogs and helps cook breakfast. Maybe we'll see more of her. Maybe. I don't know. Whatever she wants.

1 hour ago, Bambino said:

I don't recall that part. I remember a recent one when she said probably she wasn't feeling real during musical eras. Some people didn't like that because it felt like she took a **** on her personas.

There is one part of the Google Goes Gaga, I don't remember the quote word-by-word, but she said "people always ask me where is the real Lady Gaga, well, you're looking at her". And the recent interview you mention, I believe it's the one where she said "she put on a superhero called Lady Gaga suit on", she meant that by Lady Gaga, her stage persona, she could show the world who she truly was, she never meant that Lady Gaga isn't herself.

6 hours ago, Bambino said:

...and Gaga for the Chromatica era.

Are we yet to see the real Gaga?

If Gaga isn't the real Gaga, then what is the real Gaga?

PsychoMaxcara
Just now, nickkoko said:

If Gaga isn't the real Gaga, then what is the real Gaga?

Obviously the Enigma :enigma:

Archived