new music

Ariana Grande - Positions (album)

buzzkill

Featured Posts

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheOriginalOne

I’m about to listen to it for the first time! It’s my first time actually listen to a full album of hers. I’m actually a bit excited to see what Ari is about!

DiamondHeart326
9 hours ago, LilyLark said:

I...sort of feel the same (love r & b, soul, hip hop, etc., too). I like the album a lot (8/10), but I feel like an outlier in that I think TUN had far more complex lyrics/melodies with the exception of the 7 Rings & Break up with Your Boyfriend. Lyrically, nothing matches up to Imagine, Fake Smile, Ghostin, In My Head, Bloodline, etc. imo. That said, there's nothing wrong with an album all about f*cking but even then I feel like the lyrics could have been stronger. Also, I'm into a lot of old school r & b and this just doesn't sound as fresh (it's still great) as TUN, though. Granted, same thing can be said about Chromatica (which I also love) as it sounds very 90s French House.

Dude yesss if the lyrics were just a tad better I wouldn't mind a sexual healing album lol vocal wise though this is definitely a 10/10 which is why I'm disappointed I want to vibe with it but my writer self just can't get past the mundane lyrics 🤣

Chromatography

do people actually think shut up is terrible? i LOVE the strings and the harmonies. it’s probably one of my favorites from the album 

holy scheisse

Why does she sing in AAVE is my q tho

Also whoever said the instrumentals remind them of sims buy mode music. TOTALLY there with you lol

I'm on track 1, kinda no idea how to feel here we gooo:lolly:

Anderson123

I liked it but not sure how I feel about it yet, need to give it a couple more listens because all of the tracks sound the same and can't really tell them apart. When I first listened to Sweetener I immediately loved God is a Woman and Breathin', they were standout tracks, then with Thank U Next I enjoyed it and still listen to the singles + Needy but with this one, I don't even remember the songs and can see why Positions was the lead single, it's the catchiest.

Rock Jock

Oh wow, she actually released a lame album. Couldn’t finish any songs besides Positions and off the table.

TheOriginalOne

Okay so I can completely see why bottoms are living for this album. It gives major power-bottom vibes! (This is a good thing.)

Shut Up, Positions, and POV are great and overall the album is okay. It’s very LoFi beats and of the times. Not very much to my taste and I probably won’t come back to it aside from the songs I mentioned, but I’m glad people are enjoying the album. Congrats on the release Arianators! :party:

edit: I REALLY want to hear her sing POV live :giveup:

edit: okay this album is really growing on me!!!

notconfident
1 hour ago, Chromatography said:

do people actually think shut up is terrible? i LOVE the strings and the harmonies. it’s probably one of my favorites from the album 

I really hate shut up and I hate the fact that it's the album opener - - however, my expectations for the album were so low after I heard shut up that I got pretty impressed by most of the tracks that came later tbh hahah

Ladey Gaygay
3 hours ago, pedrohemg said:

You're gonna get a WP for someone that doesn't even know you exist. Imagine being aggressive because of Ariana. How pitful is that. lol

ok and:derpga:

STREAM JUICE BY LIZZO

Agunimon
3 hours ago, Chromatography said:

pov is such a cute song, love it

I've been replaying this track the most.

Agunimon
2 hours ago, TheOriginalOne said:

Okay so I can completely see why bottoms are living for this album. It gives major power-bottom vibes! Shut Up, Positions, and POV are great and overall the album is okay. It’s very LoFi beats and of the times. Not very much to my taste and I probably won’t come back to it aside from the songs I mentioned, but I’m glad people are enjoying the album. Congrats on the release Arianators! :party:

edit: I REALLY want to hear her sing POV live :giveup:

Being in love and wanting to be in love and experiencing and sharing love is not exclusive to bottoms, and that is what this album is about. Not sure what tops pumped and dumped you to make you believed otherwise. Maybe I am misunderstanding your point.

Archived