💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Ariana Grande - Positions (album)

buzzkill

Featured Posts

EXCELLENT vocal delivery on this album. Love the layering and finally she is properly projecting and belting on record too which she usually only reserves for live performances but she did on an actual recording and I LOVE it. 

Weak points are the lyrics and some of the songs feel same-ish...I guess that helps it be more cohesive but just in general it feels a little overdone. 

Still overall it is a strong body of work for her to add to her expansive collection! What fun about Ari is that even if you don't end up loving a project you can expect a new one in a year or so. There's always new music coming from her and a lot of it if not most if it tends to be really great pop and pop-rnb too

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Justin Drew Bieber

My mini-reviews of songs as I listen:

shut up: I LOVED it. It sounds mystical and sexy, my fave Ariana album opener so far.

34+35: Didn’t really do anything for me, sounds like background noise. :noparty:

motive: Great song! The imagery I see is slow dancing in a dimly lit club.

just like magic: Reminds me of Every Heartbeat by Robyn but modern, nice song. It would’ve been better if she added some whistle notes to this song.

off the table: If you could hear the sound of seduction, this would be it. I like it.

six thirty: Beautiful song, I love the chorus. One of the best songs on the album so far. This is the song that made up my decision to buy this album. :legend:

safety net: Imo this song has no distinct sound, it kinda blends in with the overall sound, I see it as kind of a filler track.

my hair: It reminds me of the song Changes by Bieber, reminds me of the 90’s. One of the better songs on the album.

nasty: Nice song, one of my faves.

west side: A bedroom song, very Changes. :ally:

love language: Feels a little too similar to My Hair, but it’s a nice song.

positions: I didn’t really like it, but I can see why it was chosen as the lead.

obvious: Meh.. same old same old. The only skip imo.

pov: Love the chorus, nice album ender.

matteonster

Got bored by the time The Weeknd collab came so I stopped listening. Maybe I will give it another shot sometime but for me her songs from the last two years sound the same unfortunately.

Anyways hope you guys are enjoying the album.

“Don't you ever let a soul in the world tell you that you can't be exactly who you are.”

cute album, no skips for me it’s very consistent and she sounds great 

it’s definitely v i b e music and I’ll be listening to it while studying 

heauxmatica

I only like Love Language, Safety Net, Obvious and Pov upon first listen ...:noparty:

But my favorite is My hair. What an excellent track. 

Roboboy

I like it - her vocals are flawless and the songs are nice - I need more time with it though. its definitely a specific 'vibe', and the album isn't really that varied, but its not a bad thing. its a bit pathetic that most of the songs petter out after 2 and a half minutes in favour of some string outro, but that's 2020 I guess. it sounds like she's having fun rather than trying to make hits, which is fine. I love 34+35 a lot, but all the songs are good 

alsemanche

The fact that one user is thanking and YASing every reply saying the album is bad :toofunny:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Agunimon
4 hours ago, wook said:

I get why some people can say that every song sounds the same but after a few listens you really can see the magic in almost every song and they really don’t sound the same. The sound of the album is far from pop but I think how the album is great. It is very Ariana and I am happy about it! 

I don’t get it. Every song usually sounds the same for most sonically cohesive albums on first listen. I find it to be a baseless criticism until you’re a few listens in and have enough exposure to differentiate them in your head.  

Levine

It's very bad to me, like it has everything I don't like in an album.

I'm glad I'm the only one tho since y'all screaming about a masterpiece, so I wish her good luck.

PatrickMonster

I wouldn't say it's a bad album per se, but its just... The songs sound too similar to each other, there's barely anything standing out. Shut up is literally the worst song I heard this year, I needed all my willpower to not skip it or end the album right there.

The best songs are motive, my hair, positions for me. My Hair is literally magic, she should make more music like that, maybe I would stan. The record is a 10/5,5 for me.

bluemonkey

Didnt thought I would be liking it. It’s a grower but I don’t hate it. I still don’t like Positions but really digging the first half of the album 

22 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

I don’t get it. Every song usually sounds the same for most sonically cohesive albums on first listen. I find it to be a baseless criticism until you’re a few listens in and have enough exposure to differentiate them in your head.  

Maybe because a lot of people here thinks that Ariana will release pure pop/dance album but I don't get it why would she do that.

Sneaky Oliver

the album is amazing, i don't know why many of you guys were trashing it when it leaked. I guess you just have no taste, seriously. This is good music. both melodies and instrumentals are beautiful and her vocals are heavenly. R&B Ariana is not my favorite but the R&B-ish sound has been there for DW, Sweetener and TUN, so it's okay if she decided to make it the highlight for this album.

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Archived