Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Ariana Grande - Positions (album)

buzzkill

Featured Posts

Blastertoyo
4 minutes ago, Sumeet said:

Ewwwwww. It's so boring. Shut up is really a strong word but she made it sound boring. Position is only good song. 

I actually prefer the sass when she says “shut your mouth” in NTLTC more than the ShuUuUuUuUut up

please enlighten me to death

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jose P

Ehh I’m very underwhelmed tbh. It was all pretty one note to me, no lows but rare highs, it was pretty much mostly ————— for me. It’s my least favorite from her but I guess it’s just not my vibe. It’s even made me reevaluate my feeling for Sweetener which I also disliked but now in comparison it seems so much better for me. 

I can see many people liking this tho, just not my kind of music. I totally get what she was going for, although I do think she could have gone all the way with it, just feels like she didn’t do enough. 5/10 for me, highlights were 34+35, notice, safety net, and nasty.

Also many of y’all need to accept the fact that she’s most likely never going back to full pop. This is clearly the sound she enjoys doing, she’ll probably mix it with other styles but this R&B/trap influenced sound is here to stay IMO. So y’all should stop wishing for more Break Frees and Into Yous.

Chromatography
4 minutes ago, PsychoMaxcara said:

How so? So Gaga is no longer a Queen of Pop because she explored different genres throughout her career. And Madonna too.

releasing a non-pop oriented album doesn’t mean they’re not a pop artist anymore. idk i think this is probably just a pointless semantics game but ariana, although a pop star, released a non-pop album. just as gaga has

PrinceOfTheStorm
5 minutes ago, Jose P said:

Also many of y’all need to accept the fact that she’s most likely never going back to full pop.

This.
She has gone on record saying she has more creative freedom in R&B than pop. If that is what she wants, good for her :vegas:

signing out

Xoxo Adriana
1 hour ago, pedrohemg said:

Easily the worst album of the year. Not even her fans are pretending.

*in your opinion

Well i understand a lot of her fans like it but this album is not for me. Im halfway through the album and tbh i dont see this album having another hit other than the lead single. 

DiamondHeart326

I'm a huge ariana fan but I just don't vibe with this at all. Literally lyrically was like she got horny af during quarantine and she's totally better than that. I'm not hating I'm glad so many of you love it I just am let down I was so excited for this. Oh well... at least miley is coming 🤷‍♂️

Xoxo Adriana

i’m very mixed about this album but like TU,N this will definitely be a grower on me i can tell. it’s definitely the vocals that make the album. i love the more pop side to ariana and we’re probably not going to get anymore full force pop records from her, which is ok as long as she keeps delivering vocals like she did on this album. :wub: in saying this, this album is vocally and lyrically her best album. personally i am not the biggest rnb/hip hop fan however the production on the album is close to immaculate.

tbh, i would’ve loved to see like one or two pop-inspired tracks like she did with sweetener and thank u, next - however the album is amazing regardless:applause:fave songs on the first listen: nasty, 34+35, motive, positions, off the table, safety net...more to come as i stream the sh*t out of it this weekend:giggle:

also unpopular opinion....but nasty is basically needy 2.0

HookerOnAChurch

I have to admit that now after many listens i'm obsessed with this album! :giveup:

DiamondHeart326
13 minutes ago, PrinceOfTheStorm said:

This.
She has gone on record saying she has more creative freedom in R&B than pop. If that is what she wants, good for her :vegas:

I dig her doing r&b but this just isn't the way she should execute it. I loved thank u next album and maybe it's just the lyrics like I need something deeper than just a bunch of sexual innuendos I don't hate it though I just don't vibe with it the way I have with most every other album she has done 

PrinceOfTheStorm
5 minutes ago, DiamondHeart326 said:

I dig her doing r&b but this just isn't the way she should execute it. I loved thank u next album and maybe it's just the lyrics like I need something deeper than just a bunch of sexual innuendos I don't hate it though I just don't vibe with it the way I have with most every other album she has done 

oh no i completely agree
better r&b albums dropped this year, specifically Alicia and B7

signing out

smokeandhush

Like... what is so exciting about this album??

i think Ariana’s the gay Drake. Every song sounds the same, the vocals never change no variations, but everybody loves it. Basic.

Into you, no tears left to cry is good tho

LilyLark
7 minutes ago, DiamondHeart326 said:

I...sort of feel the same (love r & b, soul, hip hop, etc., too). I like the album a lot (8/10), but I feel like an outlier in that I think TUN had far more complex lyrics/melodies with the exception of the 7 Rings & Break up with Your Boyfriend. Lyrically, nothing matches up to Imagine, Fake Smile, Ghostin, In My Head, Bloodline, etc. imo. That said, there's nothing wrong with an album all about f*cking but even then I feel like the lyrics could have been stronger. Also, I'm into a lot of old school r & b and this just doesn't sound as fresh (it's still great) as TUN, though. Granted, same thing can be said about Chromatica (which I also love) as it sounds very 90s French House.

Archived