Ariana Grande - Positions (album)

buzzkill

Featured Posts

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blastertoyo
16 minutes ago, Contessa said:

It literally makes 0 sense to me this is so far from that. They hear a single 808 and it’s over. :ladyhaha:

Don’t you mean hi-hat

please enlighten me to death

Contessa
1 minute ago, Blastertoyo said:

Don’t you mean hi-hat

No literally every trap song has 808s but not every song that uses 808s is a trap song. That was my original point. 

Stafani Versace

I gave it a relisten, mostly because I wanted to give her streams since I listened to the l**k. R&B is not really my vibe, so I understand why I don’t love it. It isn’t bad, just not for me. I saved 7 songs from my first listen, though, which is more than I was expecting. My hair grew on me. I thought it was cute first listen, but it’s actually a bop fr. pov & love language are top 2 for me.

However, I stand by Shut Up being the worst song she’s ever released. I feel like it killed the whole vibe for me on my first listen, which is why I said it was bad on the other thread. I skipped it this time and I enjoyed it slightly more as a whole.

Blastertoyo
1 minute ago, Towelney said:

She really snapped with Safety Net and Nasty :heart:

Safety net sounds like 

please enlighten me to death

PrinceOfTheStorm

As of first listen:

- Pretty samey, forgetting a lot of songs like shut up, nasty and west side even after just one listen. A lot of them are underwhelming to be completely fair.
- I'm guessing by some of the lyrics she talks about lockdown and the pandemic, but I feel she doesn't do it as strong as someone like Charli XCX's "how i'm feeling now"
- A lot of the magic is hidden in specific songs: the collabs are all great! I do not understand why motive or safety net wasn't the lead single like god damn they are sooooo good. And shout outs to the unexpected disco funk, love language. Best solo track on the album. The collab with The Weeknd is just so nice, a lot of time to shine.
- positions is one of the best songs on the album and I found it underwhelming on first listen, but better after a few listens. Wonder if the other songs I didn't like will grow on me.
- Even when I like R&B this felt just a tad underwhelming.
Favorite Tracks: motive, just like magic, off the table, safety net, love language, positions
Least Favorite Tracks: shut up, 34+35, six thirty, nasty, west side, obvious

If I had to give a score, probably a 6 at least and 7 at most.

signing out

JudasJustDance

8.5/10 over all 

just like magic 

off the table :saira:

six thirty 

safety net :golfclap:

my hair

nasty 

love language :applause:

These are my favorites:sara:

Taylucifer

idk, she's a grower hopefully but also I forgot she was coming out at all lmao:bear:

1989 (TV) is out NOW

Chromatography
23 minutes ago, PsychoMaxcara said:

Fair enough, but wait once the novelty fades away and the adrenaline rush from a new pop girl release wears off. People won’t put this record anywhere near the top of the list, mark my words. This isn’t a 10/10. :oops:

no one said it was a 10/10. the fact is for me at least i can’t listen to her first 2 albums or sweetener all the way through. not even once. this one i can. so automatically this is a top 3 album for me. this isn’t even a pop album, not really, so your first point is irrelevant.

I get why some people can say that every song sounds the same but after a few listens you really can see the magic in almost every song and they really don’t sound the same. The sound of the album is far from pop but I think how the album is great. It is very Ariana and I am happy about it! 

Ewwwwww. It's so boring. Shut up is really a strong word but she made it sound boring. Position is the only good song. 

PsychoMaxcara
10 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

this isn’t even a pop album, not really, so your first point is irrelevant.

How so? So Gaga is no longer a Queen of Pop because she explored different genres throughout her career. And Madonna too.

10 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

no one said it was a 10/10. the fact is for me at least i can’t listen to her first 2 albums or sweetener all the way through. not even once. this one i can. so automatically this is a top 3 album for me.

Good for you! I think I’m starting to get an idea for why a lot of people who liked her past work don’t like it and why casual fans are responding to this one.

personally, I think Dangerous Woman and Sweetener are her best albums so clearly our tastes differ

and before someone barges in with the tired and overused “not SuRprIzEd GaGAdAiLy wOuLd HaTE aNyThiNG tHAts NoT DaRK pOp” response, R&B is probably the genre I listen to more on average than pop music

PrinceOfTheStorm
41 minutes ago, Oyster said:

i’m sorry but this album is so good and if you don’t see it then you have no taste 

i have no taste then

oh well, anyways listen to Jessie Ware's What's Your Pleasure aka best pop album of the year

signing out

Archived