Ariana Grande - Positions (album)

buzzkill

Featured Posts

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blackout19

I like only Position, the single. 

To be honest, I expected more from her. Sorry, not sorry, but is her worst album. 

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.

TheSlash

I was underwhelmed :noparty: . At one point halfway through the album I just rushed through the songs bc it all actually annoyed me. Everything sounds like the same old R&B/trap/lofi hip-hop she did countless other times before. There was not a single song on this album I really enjoyed past their intros :madge: . I'm happy for those who enjoy it, but this is a big NO for me.

Ew, David!

Mr Judas
1 hour ago, WIGney HouSTAN said:

Also, just realized this is her first album since YT that doesn't feat. production from Max/Ilya/Savan.

:toofunny: i was expecting at least one track from each of them. I guess we have no proper hooks on the songs then :(

she should really take more time in between albums. she needs to rethink and put her heart into her albums. I feel like she's making them just for the sake of it. Reminds me of rihanna from 2005-2013, with an album out every year...

The only song I'm not vibing with is Obvious. The production in the album is so good. I love all the strings and orchestra.

HookerOnAChurch

Def not her best work, (Dangerous Woman says hi...) but her most cohesive for sure. I'm enjoying it a lot. 

PsychoMaxcara
19 minutes ago, Zak said:

she should really take more time in between albums. she needs to rethink and put her heart into her albums. I feel like she's making them just for the sake of it. Reminds me of rihanna from 2005-2013, with an album out every year...

Except Rihanna still consistently delivered the occassional career defining bop, even if by Talk That Talk, her albums had a tendency to sound formulaic and factory made. Ariana followed her heart and deserves props for that, but overall this album lacks one of the WOW moments that she had previously achieved.

Taylucifer

I just finished with a huge break in the middle and didn't really want to hear more but just kinda forced myself to finish it, she sounds good but its just kinda bland, sorry y'all:nooo: There were some good songs but it just got lost in the rest of it

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW

Healed My Heart

I love Ari and am so excited for new music already! 2020 still coming through for pop. On first listen, I like it overall, but it's not as consistent for me as TUN. Highlights for me are:

- just like magic: Def an initial fave on the album. My new feel-good anthem.

- off the table: Nostalgic and fresh at the same time. I am not a big fan of The Weeknd but this was a win for me.

- six thirty: Not my fave lyrically, but it's a bop.

- positions: Definitely has grown on me, and I enjoy it more in the context of the album.

- pov: A favorite lyrically, and I really love the melodies in this song.

Excited to keep listening and see how these opinions change!

She/her 💗💜💙

RichAssPiss

I just don't connect with her. I liked "thank u, next" and felt she was growing in a direction that was more mature. "imagine" is my favorite song of hers. This album is really not for me. 

Irrelevant

the way no one is talking about love language and that instrumental :nooo:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Archived