Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Theory: Could Alice be the conclusion to the Paparazzi/Telephone trilogy?

PsychoMaxcara

Featured Posts

PsychoMaxcara

So I was just thinking about how the recurring theme throughout the Paparazzi/Telephone is altered states of consciousness, with Gaga often taking on different personalities throughout the two videos. In Paparazzi, Gaga starts out as... Gaga, world famous pop star, but she's caught off guard during a vulnerable moment with her boyfriend as she finds out he betrayed her trust. After he famously throws her off the balcony, she's then send falling down, down, so down, down.... and the video then documents her recovery and eventual comeback as the media darling again.   

giphy.gif

Note that the spiral pattern during the falling scene is often associated with hypnosis; hypnosis is often used to alter state of consciousness.

I've always found this particular scene kind of analogous with the whole 'tumbling down the rabbit hole' metaphor in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland to begin with. Now that there's a song called "Alice," I cannot not see this scene while listening to it. Alice is not necessarily about Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, but Gaga is using the world's collective knowledge of the book's imagery to express the fact she'll continue looking for a Wonderland-like place (whether that be a physical place somewhere in the world, or a mental state of mind) in spite of not sharing the name with the eponymous heroine.

In the Telephone video, Gaga appears noticeably subdued. Almost as if she wasn't really present (she left her head and heart on the dance floor, after all), and when she does speak she delivers her lines in an odd monotone-esque voice. 

One thing I thought was interesting was the use of Tarantino's *** Wagon in the Telephone video, a choice that may seem incredibly random at first. This might be a well-known reference around here, but basically, there's an old American spy flick called Telefon in which ordinary people are put under hypnosis using phone calls (a man on the other end recites a poem which puts them under a weird zombie-like trance) and they execute all kinds of criminal acts. Tarantino referenced this in his 2007 film Deathproof, where the same poem used in Telefon is used to make one of the female characters give another character a lap dance (which is exactly what she ends up doing).

Obviously, Gaga is a Tarantino stan and she wouldn't have included the *** Wagon in a music video for a song called "Telephone" which is about two assassins going on a killing spree unless she was familiar with the Telefon X Tarantino connection. The Telephone music video ends with Gaga and Beyoncé fleeing the crime scene with Gaga suggesting they go "far far away from here." Could Wonderland be a safe space to escape to when things get too difficult?

MessyTop

reach GIF

that’s the biggest reach! 
I don’t think she’ll ever do the continuation to Telephone. Monsters need to let it go 

I think it’s a joke cause it’s called “*** wagon”. The prison is called Bitches Jailhouse, so in the vein, they wanted a *** Wagon, and so on. To overfeminized everything in a trash way.

TimisaMonster

The way Gaga poses is also like the album cover? :wtfga::enigma::gum:

They could make it how Gaga gets caught and ends up in a mental ward for the criminally insane and in order to cope with her new chaotic surrounding she escapes in her padded cell to Wonderland and a pink portal appears and as she looks in she falls and the song begins to play! :nooo:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

I would think Replay

I’m completely numb / I won’t blame myself cause we both know you were the one —> he pushed her off the balcony, she was paralyzed :staymad:

the scars on her mind, getting pushed & killing her ex bf

every single day she digs a grave and sits inside, wondering if it were her who were dead instead :sis:

etc etc :vegas:

But I like ur theory, I didn’t know the Telefon x Tarantino connection at all

Prostitute Barbie

Or a double song film that includes Alice + Babylon. She gets to Wonderland but it’s just an abstract, exaggerated reflection of her messed up reality so she goes back up the rabbit hole and lands in Babylon where she learns to celebrate the gossip and negativity about her instead of running away :legend:

Blastertoyo
47 minutes ago, weed said:

he pushed her off the balcony, she was paralyzed :staymad:

Except in the video she literally isn’t 

:huntyga:

please enlighten me to death

3 minutes ago, Blastertoyo said:

Except in the video she literally isn’t 

:huntyga:

I said what I said :classy:

Pennywise

who needs NASA when we can reach to the stars like this :poot: