💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

WAP was not submitted 4 the 2021 Grammy Awards consideration

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

538740FF-40F0-4B7C-90E6-23A9B8B02715.jpe

Along the way, the Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion hit also broke numerous records. So, it made sense why so many people assumed that it could also break records at next year’s Grammys. But recent reporting says that the track is actually packaged together with Cardi B’s still forthcoming album, which means that the “WAP” will officially be left out of the running for Top Record. 

Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion’s “WAP” was surprisingly not submitted for the 2021 Grammy Awards consideration, according to numerous outlets including Pitchfork. Instead, Cardi’s record label plan to submit the single next year when her forthcoming album will also likely be released. However, there is no official announcement of a new album so we hope these rumors are true. 

According to the rules, submissions for next year’s Grammy Awards had to be made between September 1, 2019 and August 31, 2020. Since it was released on August 7, “WAP” fell within the eligibility window but the record label decided against submitting it. 

While some immediately assumed the move was a colossal blunder, there’s a strategy at work. Like most good things in life, Grammy nominations don’t just happen: recordings must be officially submitted (usually by the label), and strong words and hurt feelings can ensue when a recording is mistakenly not submitted.

According to Pitchfork, many artists in recent years have been making use of a similar strategy. They’ll release in a single in August to qualify for one year’s Grammys and then release their full album in November to qualify for the next. Following this strategy essentially allows for double the Grammy exposure. 

However, other artists hold off, presumably on the assumption that they’d have a better chance in a year when there’s more momentum behind them. For example, Billie Eilish would have been eligible for the 2018 Best New Artist Grammy behind the release of her debut EP “Don’t Smile at Me,” but elected to hold off until the release of “When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?,” her multiplatinum debut album. Consequently, she swept the “Big Four” Grammys — Album, Song and Record of the Year along with Best New Artist — at the awards earlier this year.

Once the story broke that “WAP” wouldn’t be eligible for a Grammy, fans took to Twitter to express their outrage. Many were hoping to see live performances of the track on the award show circuit. But just because the song isn’t eligible for any Grammy Awards, doesn’t mean that the duo can’t grace us all with a live performance – whether at the Grammys or another award show.

https://wearemitu.com/entertainment/wap-grammy-nomination/?fbclid=IwAR3kqgC6vkCA-***wCvn_acW_JmX5Q_9SAjsfD84gG8KaBlgghuGlQrY2y0

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YAS that means 'Rain On Me' has no competition and is most likely taking home best pop duo next year :vegas:

giphy.gif

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

PopEmergency

Good luck next year... with Adele, Ariana and *hopefully* ̶f̶̶e̶̶n̶̶t̶̶y̶-̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶u̶̶t̶̶y̶  Rihanna :huntyga:

WAP is my ****, but.... that's probably to late

LateToCult

They can’t submit projects in both years? Ga did it three times with Perfect Delusion (2017), Joanne/Million Raisins (2018), and Joanne (Where do you think you’re going) The Remix The Re-up The running in the woods like a hippie version FT. Fried Hair with Special appearances by Tinted Shades & Piano (2019)

Luke78619

Oh wow I’m surprised, surely ROM is a sure thing then? 

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

Stephen
6 minutes ago, mamo said:

YAS that means 'Rain On Me' has no competition and is most likely taking home best pop duo next year :vegas:

giphy.gif

Could Savage remix be nominated? :wtfga:

3 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

They can’t submit projects in both years? Ga did it three times with Perfect Delusion (2017), Joanne/Million Raisins (2018), and Joanne (Where do you think you’re going) The Remix The Re-up The running in the woods like a hippie version (2019)

All of the songs you listed were only submitted once

I guess it's obvious but I didn't know there was so much strategy behind Grammy nominations... especially reading that Billie chose not to do Best New Artist until WWAFAWDWG

8 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Could Savage remix be nominated? :wtfga:

Not exactly sure - The Grammys are always constantly changing their rules and considering how popular WAP is I wouldn't be surprised if it was eligible. Cardi was also nominated in best pop duo for her collab with M*roon 5 a couple years back but Shallow won. 

But at least we know now that Gaga has a strong chance to win at least one grammy esp being such a competitive year. Chromatica is one step closer to being another Grammy winning era. We just need justice 4 Born This Way + ARTPOP now. :bradley:

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

LateToCult
3 minutes ago, weed said:

All of the songs you listed were only submitted once

Yes. But I’m saying that she submitted something of Joanne for three separate ceremonies.

BUtterfield 8
1 minute ago, LateToCult said:

Yes. But I’m saying that she submitted something of Joanne for three separate ceremonies.

What was the last one she submitted?

6 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

Oopsies I misunderstood lmao I thought you meant she submitted the same project (i.e. Perfect Illusion) both years. They could have submit WAP this year, no rules against it, they just chose not to.

jimmytimestep

Politics at PLAY. I’m actually shocked that they are holding off, they could have snatched this year the RE-snatched next year. Both artists are so hot.

all this says to me is that Bobby is doing his job and maybe Chromatica isn’t out of the races yet. There clearly was immense hype in the industry over Chromatica, & the pandemic just ruined everything.

I KNOW IM DELULU JUST LET ME HAVE HOPE

KevinWright
38 minutes ago, Blue Lagoon said:

many artists in recent years have been making use of a similar strategy. They’ll release in a single in August to qualify for one year’s Grammys and then release their full album in November to qualify for the next. Following this strategy essentially allows for double the Grammy exposure. 

Is this a shade towards Shallow and A Star Is Born? :dom:

Archived