Barbara Walters

5bb5b6472100002501c86b7b.jpeg?ops=scalef

never noticed she used to dress up as the people who interviewed her. her mind

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cello
12 minutes ago, Kahzandra said:

I can remember back in the Fame/Fame Monster days, Roisin Murphy stans were up in arms that Gaga came around and "stole" her signature look (:fail:)  As soon as Gaga became a household name, Roisin said at a red carpet interview she changed her style and immediately stopped wearing this stuff, because she didn't want to be confused with another (the more recognized) blonde dance-pop singer. :green:

Although I doubt that Gaga stole her looks, I do see the striking similarities. Maybe they had a lot of the same influences at the same time. 

Thanks for sharing, I wasn't aware of this lady before! 

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

Oriane
15 hours ago, zakariah said:

elvis presley

b2a1f94d400bb81309e16b630a36d468.jpg

The-Classic-Side-Profile-elvis-presley-4

Also Serge Gainsbourg

gettyimages_111075807_jpg_7070.jpg%253Fl

1840_1.jpg*8a3cc141c042f46fced706e5732c607f.jpg

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Kahzandra
14 minutes ago, Cello said:

Although I doubt that Gaga stole her looks, I do see the striking similarities. Maybe they had a lot of the same influences at the same time. 

I also think the similarities were more the result of the 80s and really over-the-top styles making a huge comeback in fashion. (probably a reaction to the somewhat basic and boho styles that dominated the first half of the naughties)  At the time there was alot of these dramatic retro fashion statements happening on the music scene.   Empire of the Sun, M.I.A, Cee-Lo Green, and La Roux also had "louder is better" retro-influenced style at the time. 

There was also this singer Annie out of the UK around 2009 who fizzled out pretty quick.  She had the same retro thing going and was admittedly a huge 80s Madonna fan.

Annie_-_Don't_Stop.png

Lord Temptation
1 hour ago, Kahzandra said:

I also think the similarities were more the result of the 80s and really over-the-top styles making a huge comeback in fashion. (probably a reaction to the somewhat basic and boho styles that dominated the first half of the naughties)  At the time there was alot of these dramatic retro fashion statements happening on the music scene.   Empire of the Sun, M.I.A, Cee-Lo Green, and La Roux also had "louder is better" retro-influenced style at the time. 

There was also this singer Annie out of the UK around 2009 who fizzled out pretty quick.  She had the same retro thing going and was admittedly a huge 80s Madonna fan.

Annie_-_Don't_Stop.png

Weird chicks were soooo cool in the mid to late Aughts. I remember that time well. We had NZ’s Ladyhawke, Ireland’s Roisin Murphy, England’s Alison Goldfrapp, Australia’s Connie Mitchell, Janelle Monae from the US, Peaches and Esthero from Canada and even big superstars Kylie Minogue and Gwen Stefani channeling their inner Grace Jones or Blondie Studio 54 new wave punk electro aesthetic. I think when Gaga moved to downtown NYC in 2005 at age 19 she was immersed in a very eclectic scene that incorporated everything from go-go dancing, glam, punk, heavy metal, indie rock, club music and jazz.

14 hours ago, Blastertoyo said:

I always think this too! Both the visuals and the song itself. Not in a bad copycat way or anything, it just always reminds me of Whitney's rendition.

9 hours ago, Cello said:

Wow yeah, super similar! I know of her because a song of hers was used on a So You Think You Can Dance choreography that my friend and I obsessed with, so then my friend bought one of her albums and we both listened to it. She is super cool and quirky and now that I see the way she used to dress it makes even more sense!

Smother Em Eh

Gaga & Cyndi Lauper
b4f4165f39c3248c4cf39069f5348bb5.jpg

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Smother Em Eh

Also who could forget this? :pray:

Aphrodite from the legendary Sandro Botticellis, Birth of Venus painting 

220px-The_Birth_of_Venus_detail_-_Venus.article-2449293-1897D0B800000578-170_634

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Archived