Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Hiro Murai talks producing for FKA twigs, Rihanna & Childish Gambino

FfFfFfFF

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

There’s a certain kind of magic that oozes from Hiro Murai’s work. Whether directing striking music videos for artists FKA twigs and Mercury Prize-winner Michael Kiwanuka, or developing genre-bending TV series Atlanta – one of his many projects with long-time collaborator Donald Glover – Murai infuses everything with his unique brand of surrealism, earning him a reputation as one of Hollywood’s most in-demand filmmakers.

Born in Tokyo, Murai’s family upped sticks for Los Angeles when he was nine years old. The experience clearly influenced his decision to get into filmmaking but, the director says, he always felt like he was destined to do something creative. 

“I think part of the reason music videos stuck to me almost immediately is because, even when I was making short films in high school, I would often make the story around a piece of music, whether it was movie scores or just pieces of music that I liked.”

More: https://www.creativereview.co.uk/hiro-murai-director/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_content=social&utm_campaign=hiro-murai&cmpid=hiro-murai

Archived