Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Selena gomez confesses she never voted before the 2020 election

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

NichuuB
9 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

WTF?! what kind of country is that?

I know it's kinda bizarre, I mean, if you don't vote you are not arrested or something, but if you don't vote and you don't justify after you'll need to pay a fine. If you don't  justify or don't pay the fine, you can't do some stuff like subscribing to the federal SAT to enter in a public university(this is a big thing, cause public universities here are more important than private ones), you can't be hired to a public job, and you can't get a passport or a ID if you dont have it yet. Also if you don't vote for three elections in a row you lose your voting title.

Property of @Whale

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KingRedd
20 hours ago, Robo Ga said:

Honestly like I don’t find this cute like how could you not have felt the urgency to vote in 2016. No sympathy. She’s just doing this bc everyone else is. 

Calm down there SJW 😂 lmao jk but for real, don’t do like most and make this a huge ordeal. Many didn’t vote, now they do because they see the importance. 

May I Read You? 😎

KingRedd
19 hours ago, Eggs said:

Not voting is such an ugly expression of privilege. Democracy should never be taken for granted. If you feel you are not adequately represented by the main parties where you live, cast a protest vote or spoil your ballot. If you're voting because you don't care, remember that there will be plenty of people in your country who are less fortunate than you and whose quality of life will be profoundly effected by the results of any given eleciton.

But let's not pile on someone who has recognised their failing, and taken steps to rectify it. Selena has made a really positive step, and I applaud her for that. 

What? Many minorities do not vote. Some are conditioned to believe that their vote literally does not matter. Some learn this assumption through parents or peers. Many adapt this assumption when they feel as though voting doesn’t change much for them in general. Voting suppression also discourages many people from voting. Not voting is definitely not something you can label “showing privilege.”

May I Read You? 😎

2 minutes ago, KingRedd said:

What? Many minorities do not vote. Some are conditioned to believe that their vote literally does not matter. Some learn this assumption through parents or peers. Many adapt this assumption when they feel as though voting doesn’t change much for them in general. Voting suppression also discourages many people from voting. Not voting is definitely not something you can label “showing privilege.”

I obviously am not condemning people who have been deliberately disenfranchised through voter suppression. The fact that that still happens in the U.S. is a national disgrace. But living in a democracy is a form of privilege in my opinion. Because there are millions of people around the world who would give their right arm to be able to vote. And if people who can vote don't, then they risk that vote being taken away.

JohnnyVersace

Tbh, I have friends who didn't vote in 2016 because "there was no good candidate." This isn't shocking, and if anything, I commend her for getting involved and being a voice for all of her young fans. 

Oh, and vote Biden. :huntyga:

Dominic

Like a majority of youth but isn't this a good thing though? Why are people trying to exercise moral superiority when this is exactly what everyone in the US has been campaigning for: Pokemon Go...to the polls! đŸ„Ž

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Archived