Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Selena gomez confesses she never voted before the 2020 election

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

5f98468706e67275e82b43d9?ops=maxcontain(

The “Rare” singer-songwriter made an honest admission in her recent appearance on Voting Power Hourearlier this month. During the interview, the 28-year-old explained why, up until now, she chose not to vote in previous elections.

“Honestly, I’m not ashamed to say this,” the Disney alum admitted. “But… I’m kind of… This was my first time.”

“"I'm going to say that, because I've never felt — and this is so true, and I'm now admitting it to people — like my vote counts," she explained, before stressing, "Every vote counts. Some people get in their head, and they're like, 'Oh, well what does it matter?’”

"My main focus has been this right now," the “Lose You to Love Me” superstar expressed. "You can tell on my social media and everything, obviously, I'm super invested in this right now. It's been good. I feel hopeful.”

https://www.iheart.com/alternate/amp/2020-10-27-selena-gomez-confesses-she-never-voted-before-the-2020-election/

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
selenalavigne

I'm sure some of the people about to lash her have never voted either and that'll be a kii. Statistically a LOT of Americans don't vote which is why they are really pushing for youngsters to go to the polls and she's doing that :vegas:.

(also she was in treatment during the 2016 election)

https://open.spotify.com/album/4yk2eQg0LdV7b3A020Desg

NichuuB

That's why in my country voting is obligatory, or else nobody would vote.

Property of @Whale

Robo Ga

Honestly like I don’t find this cute like how could you not have felt the urgency to vote in 2016. No sympathy. She’s just doing this bc everyone else is. 

🤖⚡️

Biggest Bitch
7 minutes ago, Gagaism said:

“The Rare singer-songwriter” “the Disney alum” “the Lose You To Love Me superstar” :saladga:

“The whispering queen” :bradley:

littlepotter
9 minutes ago, Robo Ga said:

Honestly like I don’t find this cute like how could you not have felt the urgency to vote in 2016. No sympathy. She’s just doing this bc everyone else is. 

No one's saying this is cute..? :bear: She's admitting that she used to think her vote didn't matter but now she realizes it is and is urging people to vote

chaeri pls

PsychoMaxcara

I am not surprised. Many pop stars simply don't/didn't have the kind of upbringing and education for them to "find themselves" as a person in the political realm. When you think about it, these celebrities were kids that grew up in the industry and had to streamline the focus of their attention so they can focus on their careers. You can't just give away your vote without knowing or fully understanding to whom you're giving it. It can be quite daunting trying to get into politics later in life, especially because it's so difficult to find sources that are not biased or are not tainted by other people's agendas. So kudos to her for (probably) wanting to do her homework first and voting now when she has the knowledge, thus giving her more confidence as far as her vote is concerned.  

gypsy101

she and i are the same age and i hadn’t voted til 2016. that one seemed super important whereas the one in 2012 i was pretty certain Obama would win. so even though if i were her i’d be embarrassed hey at least she’s gonna vote this time.

Justin Drew Bieber

Same, if it weren’t for Gaga I wouldn’t have registered and voted this year.

flyaway

Here's Selena Gomez, admitting she doesn't vote and she doesn't care.

Meanwhile, Demi Lovato is on her way to become President in 2024 with Vice President Iggy Azealia. And I'm sure everyone on this forum will support her and stream Commander In Chief. 

Music Video Vote GIF by Demi Lovato

Contessa
3 minutes ago, alicefromabove said:

And I'm sure everyone on this forum will support her and stream Commander In Chief. 

Music Video Vote GIF by Demi Lovato

Let’s not get too hasty or make any crazy/outlandish assumptions. :zilla:

Archived