šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Selena gomez confesses she never voted before the 2020 election

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BornAsUnic0rn
8 hours ago, Eggs said:

Not voting is such an ugly expression of privilege. Democracy should never be taken for granted. If you feel you are not adequately represented by the main parties where you live, cast a protest vote or spoil your ballot. If you're voting because you don't care, remember that there will be plenty of people in your country who are less fortunate than you and whose quality of lifeĀ will be profoundly effected by the results of any given eleciton.

But let's not pile on someone who has recognised their failing, and taken steps to rectify it. Selena has made a really positive step, and I applaud her for that.Ā 

You realize that both the people with the lowest education and the people with the least income have the worst voter turnout in the US? The higher the degree and the earnings, the higher the turnout actually.Ā Also 100 Million Americans donā€™t vote. Are they all privileged?Ā So how does not voting show anything about yourĀ privilege?Ā 

Ā 

Selena had an important thing in common with other non-voters: She didnā€™t feel like her voice mattered and she could use her vote for change she believes in.Ā Thatā€™s why many minorities have a low voters turnout.Ā 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ctherainbow

Iā€™m glad she is choosing to vote this year, but I do take significant umbrage to the statement ā€œIā€™m not ashamed to say that I havenā€™t votedā€... like, maā€™am, you realize that peopleā€™s lives have been worse, and some may have lost their lives, because you didnā€™t care enough to vote, right? Ā There SHOULDĀ be shame associated with that realization. Ā  Ā :shrug:Ā 

I'm talkin' 'bout forever, baby.

Glamourpuss

I personally think that people shouldn't vote if they don't know what they are voting for. It should always be an informed choice and not about voting just because they should. One vote to the wrong person cancels out one vote to the right one.Ā 

RAMROD
1 hour ago, ctherainbow said:

Ā I do take significant umbrage to the statement ā€œIā€™m not ashamed to say that I havenā€™t votedā€... like, maā€™am, you realize that peopleā€™s lives have been worse, and some may have lost their lives, because you didnā€™t care enough to vote, right? Ā There SHOULDĀ be shame associated with that realization. Ā  Ā :shrug:Ā 

Ā 

Gurl, same :applause:

Ā 

Ā 

(ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰āœ§*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ā“č‰øļ½€*) ā™”ā™”ā™”

People who don't vote I don't get it. At 18 I started voting right away, u cant just let things happen and do nothing, it's so stupid

14 hours ago, littlepotter said:

No one's saying this is cute..? :bear:Ā She's admitting that she used to think her vote didn't matter but now she realizes it is and is urging people to vote

All Selena does is talk about herself in the media, and playing the victim tho it gets tiring, just like Bieber

bionic
5 hours ago, Glamourpuss said:

I personally think that people shouldn't vote if they don't know what they are voting for. It should always be an informed choice and not about voting just because they should. One vote to the wrong person cancels out one vote to the right one.Ā 

They could always educate themselves and then vote? This is basically a long way of saying "If you vote for the other party I'd rather you didn't vote"

buy bionic

Blastertoyo
14 hours ago, Gagaism said:

ā€œThe Rare singer-songwriterā€ ā€œthe Disney alumā€ ā€œthe Lose You To Love Me superstarā€Ā :saladga:

Justin Bieberā€™sĀ exĀ 

please enlighten me to death

Glamourpuss
10 minutes ago, bionic said:

They could always educate themselves and then vote? This is basically a long way of saying "If you vote for the other party I'd rather you didn't vote"

Nah I don't mean it like that. Of course people should educate themselves first, that's what I meant to say when I said they should make an informed decision.Ā 

NichuuB
6 hours ago, TSUNAMI said:

If you have certain rights, you need to have some responsabilities.Ā 

I know, and if you think about, it's kinda wrong that we're obligated to vote, but people dont have responsabilities, i mean, it's Brazil, we're one of the countries with most covid cases because people are irresponsable and dont care about the quarantine.

Property of @Whale

TSUNAMI
41 minutes ago, NicoB said:

I know, and if you think about, it's kinda wrong that we're obligated to vote, but people dont have responsabilities, i mean, it's Brazil, we're one of the countries with most covid cases because people are irresponsable and dont care about the quarantine.

All people that don't follow rules we set as a society should be banned from medical insurance.Ā 

Ā 

You can't breathe because of Covid?, OH, you posted a picture from a party not wearing a mask?Ā Denied healthcare.Ā 

Ā 

Which would mean: If you don't fulfil your responsibilities you're unable to use certain rights.Ā 

NichuuB

This would be a dream, people that dont respect the social distancing not being allowed to have free healthcare.

Property of @Whale

19 hours ago, NicoB said:

That'sĀ why in my country voting is obligatory, or else nobody would vote.

WTF?! what kind of country is that?

Archived