šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

There's a new generation of popstars coming...

DSK

Featured Posts

...and they're digital.

Some of you guys might have heard of or even follow Digital Influencers who are actually 100% digital.

"People" like Shudu Gram, the digital supermodel (https://www.instagram.com/shudu.gram) and others are surfacing as technology advances and enables us to create hyperrealistic characters, while social media allows us to give them a personality.

Gaming company Riot Games has been having a lot of success with this trend lately as they launched their own K-Pop group called K/DA, based on 4 characters from the game League of Legends. The 'girls' so far have already released 2 songs and 1 music video - which are FIRE, by the way. (POP/STARS MV:Ā 

Ā and THE BADDEST lyric video:Ā 

)

Ā 

To voice the characters we have singers from Korean group G-Idle and also Madison Beer, Wolftyla, Bea Miller and even Kim Petras is joining the group in the EP which will be officialy released in November this year.

The hype is really high at the moment, as tomorrow is the premiere for their new MV MORE (

)

In addition, a couple months ago a (digital) girl called Seraphine popped up on Youtube and Instagram covering KDA songs and posting stories and photos of her journey from an aspiring singer to an official member of the group. She even posts pictures with her cat (a real cat) and stuff like that.Ā https://www.instagram.com/seradotwav/

The group (KDA) also has been posting pictures of their members in different cities around the world, like Shangai, Rio de Janeiro, SĆ£o Paulo, and many more. (https://www.instagram.com/p/CFhStioD-W4/). Also, to support the upcoming EP, they've been launching challenges for the fans to post their singing and dance covers, fashion and art in general, creating a whole movement behind the group.

Ā 

Thing is: aestetics are awesome, the songs are great (and so are the MVs), and the group, which is completely digital and made-up by a gaming company, is starting to achieve great success around the world, even releasing songs on Spotify and other streaming services.

We might start seeing 'live' performances from them (and other artists of this kind who will still be created) soon enough in events like the VMAs and such.

Do you guys like it? Hate it? Think it won't grow? Do you think this is the future?

Share your thougths!

Bonkers

1990:Ā  Ā I'm ugly but I have talent

RECORDING INDUSTRY:Ā  COOL!!!Ā  Can't wait to see the videos!

2010:Ā  I'm ugly but I have talent

RECORDING INDUSTRY:Ā  COOL!Ā  Now you're a producer and pretty people can take credit for your talent!!

2020:Ā  I'm ugly but I have talent

RECORDING INDUSTRY:Ā  COOL!!Ā  Now you're a cartoon

:saladga:

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

flyaway
2 minutes ago, Curunir said:

Didn't they say the same thing about Hatsune Miku and now she's nowhere to be seen?

she got a virus and got deletedĀ :bear:

HotLikeMexico

No. Just no.Ā 
Not a pop group but the Gorilaz are probably the only ā€œvirtualā€ group I love that happens to do it well. Granted it different live but they know how to transition between virtual and reality.Ā 

TimisaMonster

Nah...it's cute, but not the same thing as stanning an ACTUAL talanted artist you can see live and engage with...this is just a cartoon music video group and that's all it'll be...

Stream my new single, šŸ’œ"Heartbeat"šŸ’œ, on Spotify!

Galactic Mess

Iā€™ll never get the appeal of these digital ā€œartistsā€. Theyā€™reĀ not like charactersĀ from a book or a videogame. They lack something.

2 hours ago, Da J said:

Iā€™ll never get the appeal of these digital ā€œartistsā€. Theyā€™reĀ not like charactersĀ from a book or a videogame. They lack something.

Theyā€™re actually from a videogame, and each one of them has a quite complex storyline. I mean, people who play the game will know, but the GP isnā€™t aware of that yet.Ā 

PsychoMaxcara

I don't think digital artists will ever be a thing. People crave a """genuine""" connection with another person, the idol concept is abusing this every single year and it consistently pays off. People will always prefer a real human being as opposed to a cartoon. You can never meet or interviewĀ a cartoon (someone else's creation), but there's always the possibility you might share the same room with your idol.

People are real, unpredictable and have a mind of their own.Ā 

Now when it comes to androids.... well that I don't know. I can see those possibly rivaling humans in the future.

Galactic Mess
29 minutes ago, DSK said:

Theyā€™re actually from a videogame, and each one of them has a quite complex storyline. I mean, people who play the game will know, but the GP isnā€™t aware of that yet.Ā 

Fair point. I don't know them, I dislike LoLĀ :vegas:

ToxicHot

Cool concept, tbh. But thereā€™s no way in hell Iā€™m gonna stan a VIRTUAL artist. :lmao:

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

Archived