Kings & Queens highest charting solo female song this week

Lighter

Featured Posts

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FrederickSpears
5 hours ago, Loyalty said:

I’m happy for her, but you can’t deny that radio is carrying the entire song on the charts and that’s sketchy as hell.

It's literally selling on ITunes...

Curunir

Oh my oh my, the Salt.mp3 in this thread :billie:

I am SO happy for her :bradley:

She deserves this and I hope it continues to rise in the coming weeks. Another sleeper hit for Miss Ava :tony:

6 hours ago, Andreu said:

People being pressed at Ava as usual

Heaven And Hell GIF by Ava Max

they are just mad they can't say she's a one hit wonder anymore

200.gif

Barely a hit but okey

Agunimon

I'm surprised this song keeps climbing given how long it's been out. I guess her continuing to promote it is working!!!

Curunir
6 hours ago, PatrickMonster said:

I'm not really a fan of her but this one is really fun to listen to and a huge hit in my country. Glad to see that her hard work is paying off but I just really dont see her having much more success. She's like the Carly Rae Jepsen of this decade.

Funny, that's exactly what people said after Sweet But Psycho :oprah:

Girl is here to stay :ally:

TSUNAMI
44 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

I'm surprised this song keeps climbing given how long it's been out. I guess her continuing to promote it is working!!!

Just Dance vibes 

Adrenaliner

This song is huge in Europe. Like all of her songs.

As usual people thinking US is the only country that matters. 

PsychoMaxcara

And people still have the nerve to say she's not a major force in the industry.

Stay pressed, while the world streams Heaven & Hell as it comfortably sits in the top 10 of most streamed albums of 2020

Loyalty
2 hours ago, frederiickx said:

It's literally selling on ITunes...

2 hours ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

It's top 20 and climbing on iTunes as well. Pure sales is still a big chunk of Hot100. 

Less than 10k sales... still doesn’t make up for the other songs with an abundance of streams that outweigh those sales as equivalent units. 

JusKeepBreathin
4 hours ago, Loyalty said:

Less than 10k sales... still doesn’t make up for the other songs with an abundance of streams that outweigh those sales as equivalent units. 

This isn't about certifications. Pure sales are weighted more than streams on the Hot 100 calculation. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

BornAsUnic0rn
9 hours ago, SabadoDeGloria said:

There's a lot of 80s sampling on the album...Kings & Queens and Born to the Night are substantially sampled and I'm not sure how to feel about it...

Sampling is fine, but when major sampling happens more than once on an album it kinda makes my eyes roll. 

I have to say I admire that tbh. The “nostalgia pop” lane she is in is pretty straight forward and unapologetic and the clear use of samples and referencing of pop culture moments truly drives that point home.

Ava never claimed to be oh so original and unique. So for all I know she’s a girl who grew up with, fell in love with and is inspired by pop culture, wanting to make good songs, fun visuals and bringing pop back. Kinda reminds me of how Gaga talked about herself and her music back in 2008/2009. 

There’s this notion I've heard from people in many industries, that nothing is truly never been done before and completely original. So being creative and original is rather about  being inspired, and using the inspiration in a new and unique way, changing the perspective, improving and changing up what others have done, ect. Insert Gaga talking about Ryan Murphy here. 

gypsy101
9 hours ago, Blastertoyo said:

But bad guy being #3 and then radio suddenly pushing it two spots was kinda shady 

except for the fact that bad guy was at number 2 behind OTR for 11 weeks

HausOfAntonio

The most alarming thing about this is how there’s no other solo female song above it wtf :wtf:

Archived